watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Head coach gives his view on tonight's performance

Started by bill taylors apprentice, February 16, 2016, 10:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

"We played without spirit, without competitiveness, without desire".

Well at least he see's it like the rest of us, I wonder how he's going to react in the short term?

Mince n Tatties

And the biggest culprit is Garbutt
He thinks he should be in Everton side and is too
good for us,he looks disinterested every time I see him..
IMO
Toss him back up North..

Wearethewhites

Jokanovic also has to take some of the criticism after that. He set the team up, he gave the the before and half time chat, he decided to ring the changes, and there was still no response from his team. Yes, Garbutt gave away the penalty, but we'd have still lost on the night anyway.   

Baszab

Garbutt has been shocking all season
Total lack of respect to FFC and our supporters

TrexFFC

I don't like the idea of scapegoating particular players.  We'd be here all day if we did that.   There is no consistency. I cannot remember the last time I've seen a clean sheet.  A culture of losing is what we are becoming. It's like there is some kind of curse surrounding the team. How many managers, coaches, players are we going to chop and change and say they're all terrible?  I have no idea what the actual problem is but it is really beginning to take a drain on all of us I think.

Southcoastffc

Let's be clear. he said more than that.

Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović has apologised to Fulham fans for the lack of desire shown in the 3-0 defeat at Blackburn Rovers.

"I say sorry to our fans who travelled with us to watch this game," said Jokanović. "We didn't offer anything special. We played without spirit, without competitiveness, without desire.

"We did not play good football in any moment in the game. Generally, they won the challenges, we did not try to play football and we did not do anything important. It is a bad sensation and we need a change immediately because we won one game a few days earlier, that's history, it's over.

"I am here for a month and a half and this game, this is a game without any spirit. I am very disappointed really.

"We are where we are right now. We must be strong. With this spirit, this desire, this competiveness, this is not enough for anything important."

Good man.  I feel a bollocking coming on.  Be afraid Charlton.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mince n Tatties

Don't mind a player not being the best,but least give your
all for the club that pays your wages.
Garbutt IMO doesn't.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 16, 2016, 10:44:36 PM

Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović has apologised to Fulham fans for the lack of desire shown in the 3-0 defeat at Blackburn Rovers.

"I say sorry to our fans who travelled with us to watch this game," said Jokanović. "We didn't offer anything special. We played without spirit, without competitiveness, without desire.

"We did not play good football in any moment in the game. Generally, they won the challenges, we did not try to play football and we did not do anything important. It is a bad sensation and we need a change immediately because we won one game a few days earlier, that's history, it's over.

"I am here for a month and a half and this game, this is a game without any spirit. I am very disappointed really.

"We are where we are right now. We must be strong. With this spirit, this desire, this competiveness, this is not enough for anything important."

I hear what you're saying, but his half time team talk, or bollocking, had zero effect what so ever. We were, just as, or if worse, in the 2nd half. Even under managers like Roy, Coleman etc, we'd come out and give it ago, but tonight, nothing, the whole team were lifeless.

If anything, he's got a job on his hands to pick the player moral up, because Charlton will be licking their lips after that.

GrahamG

To be honest it must be easy for the players to be up for a local derby at QPR. Then, a trip to Blackburn 3 days later demanded backbone from the manager and players. Result, a total failure. This is very depressing and I don't see any improvement from the players or to how we are organized. Total disgrace.

One Martin Thomas

Singling out Garbutt tonight is wrong. He's  young and he lost his head after the penalty. He at least has youth as an excuse, every other player out there was shockingly poor.

After the penalty it was obvious he had lost it; step forward a strong captain to sort him out. We've not got one.

Well done Jokanovic for coming out with that statement. I would have preferred you'd have done the talking with some more inspirational substitutions. Plus in matches like this, try Stearman.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: GrahamG on February 16, 2016, 10:56:12 PM
To be honest it must be easy for the players to be up for a local derby at QPR. Then, a trip to Blackburn 3 days later demanded backbone from the manager and players. Result, a total failure. This is very depressing and I don't see any improvement from the players or to how we are organized. Total disgrace.

Agreed

davew

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 16, 2016, 10:21:01 PM

Well at least he see's it like the rest of us, I wonder how he's going to react in the short term?
He will be seeking another appointment before the end of the season and who could blame him, with this shambles of a squad that we have!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 16, 2016, 10:58:13 PM
Singling out Garbutt tonight is wrong. He's  young and he lost his head after the penalty. He at least has youth as an excuse, every other player out there was shockingly poor.

After the penalty it was obvious he had lost it; step forward a strong captain to sort him out. We've not got one.

Well done Jokanovic for coming out with that statement. I would have preferred you'd have done the talking with some more inspirational substitutions. Plus in matches like this, try Stearman.

Every game not on about penalty
He isn't interested IMO.
Don't play the young player card,he is well old eenough.

davew

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 16, 2016, 10:44:36 PM

“I say sorry to our fans who travelled with us to watch this game,” said Jokanović. “We didn’t offer anything special. We played without spirit, without competitiveness, without desire.

“We did not play good football in any moment in the game. Generally, they won the challenges, we did not try to play football and we did not do anything important. It is a bad sensation and we need a change immediately because we won one game a few days earlier, that’s history, it’s over.

“I am here for a month and a half and this game, this is a game without any spirit. I am very disappointed really.

“We are where we are right now. We must be strong. With this spirit, this desire, this competiveness, this is not enough for anything important.”

We have heard all this before, I don't blame SJ though!!

Baszab

Yes it was Garbutt's showboating at the end of the Charlton game that cost us

I have watched him at all home games and his attitude stinks

RaySmith

Basically, no one knows what the cause of our problems is. Kit, then all the managers and coaches after him seem unable to identify the cause of the malaise.

No point in scapegoating certain players for the fact we sometimes play brilliantly, looking like world beaters, then the next week look as if we've just met that morning.

It's hard - but we just need to keep behind the team, have faith in SJ to sort things out.

davew

Quote from: Statto on February 16, 2016, 11:04:23 PM
It's not just Garbutt's poor performances but something about his demeanour, work rate etc that gives me, and others it seems, the impression he thinks he's a lot better than he is. He seems to epitomise the lack of care from some players that took us down.

I wasn't at tonight's game thankfully so can't comment but I was at, among other games, his ten minute debut at the valley and I'm convinced he cost us the win that game, which for a full back who's only on for 10 minutes is quite an achievement.
Which is probably why he is out on loan from his PL club, good experience for him playing for us, not going to do him any good which equals what he is doing for us!

Baszab

I reckon one player that always gives his all is Stearman - can't understand why SJ has blanked him totally - no more to blame than anyone else

Mince n Tatties

SW6

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 16, 2016, 10:21:01 PM

For the future of the club and the immediate improvement of this team then the non-performance at Ewood Park tonight is the best thing to happen to us.