Main Menu

Spurs and Gooners Fans Fighting

Started by Mince n Tatties, March 06, 2016, 01:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Had to laugh at the pictures in one paper
today of them throwing punches at one another
before yesterday's game.
Most of them are adults by the look of it.
Grow up and get a life..Hilarious

One Martin Thomas

Also could see a coin thrown at Ramsey after he scoredon MOTD. Someone should throw the book at that lot. Can't stand Spurs one bit.

gang

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 06, 2016, 01:58:43 PM
before yesterday's game.

I'm afraid I don't find it hilarious. Regardless of what club it is it brings shame on the whole of football and finding it hilarious does not do you justice.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: gang on March 06, 2016, 08:28:25 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 06, 2016, 01:58:43 PM
before yesterday's game.

I'm afraid I don't find it hilarious. Regardless of what club it is it brings shame on the whole of football and finding it hilarious does not do you justice.

By hilarious I meant they are with their behaviour
I don't find it funny,hence what I said about them.
It was their age Grandads  some of them.

gang

win-dup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 06, 2016, 10:36:04 PM
Fighting another human because they support a rival club, or any other club is for juvenile delinquents, and cretins who have the brains of a rocking horse.
My advice to these mugs, if they enjoy punching someone, is to join a Boxing Club, climb in a ring with your opponent, and see how tough you are then, nowhere to run, it's a lonely arena when you are on your own, one against one, and go toe to toe.  That will seperate the men from the boys.
Go three rounds with the Leathers against a better man than you, will educate you to have respect for yourself and the man you meet on the other side of the ring.
When I was throwing leather, I respected any man who climbed in the ring, that alone takes courage, that's why boxers use to eat raw eggs before a bout, to make them egg bound, and stop them having a squeaky bum.

Slightly too much information but agree entirely.

Dr Know

Talking of eggs  how many boxers brains have been scrambled for life in the name of a so called sport ?Boxing should be banned its barbaric  going into a ring with the sole intention of knocking the other bloke out. Ban it

epsomraver

Quote from: Dr Know on March 07, 2016, 09:46:57 AM
Talking of eggs  how many boxers brains have been scrambled for life in the name of a so called sport ?Boxing should be banned its barbaric  going into a ring with the sole intention of knocking the other bloke out. Ban it

Oh dear  mamby pamby nanny state calling, they will want no tackling in Rugby next ! ..............................oh I see they do!
As Wm says it is character building and there are so many safeguards nowdays, being hit with the old fashioned heavy gloves was no different to heading the old fashioned leather footballs on a wet day, didn't affect me!  :yay: :clap_hands:

Dr Know

Southdowns White

There are studies going on into heading the ball at a young age and the Americans are probably the nearest to a no heading rule. The powers that be are looking to ban heading here soon starting with anything up to under 10s then it will only be a matter of time before all under 18s are banned, If it protects our Children from minor or major long term  Brain Injury then it must be right. My 10 year old son plays in defence and heads the ball all the time, when I played saturday and Sunday football sometimes I felt punch drunk by the end of the game If playing a game where the ball was constantly in the air especially if for some reason you didn't head the ball at the front of your head. I have also been knocked out through someone heading me and couldn't remember the play directly beforehand or even the person who had knocked me out and my team mate who gave me first aid until the paramedics arrived to take over. 

Black and White Town

I find it utterly incomprehensible that someone would so much as dislike another person just because they happen to support a different football club, let alone going to to the extent of actually getting in a fight with them. It's pathetic.

Take Me Home MAF

Everything we do has an explanation which will go back thousands of years.

Why do we get a buzz from buying food or a drink for someone? – because it derives from the hunter gatherer logic.

Why does everyone love social media? – because it derives from  need for packs to converse.

Why do people fight over a football team? – because is satisfies the need to be part of a collective who are protecting territory.

Of course, fighting over a football club sounds ridiculous to reasonable people, but for these men/women it scratches an itch which they are not getting scratched in other aspects of their lives.

The issues are not the fighting between two groups who are both game, the issues come from the cost to the tax payer to Police these games and also, that in games such and Spurs vs Arsenal even "shirters/scarfers" will be targeted as they are seen as fair targets, I know as I have been told it is this way for the NLD

Yes hooliganism is on the rise, but does it not also stem from the disenfranchised attitude that was similar to the 1980's.

Football is tribal which is as mentioned above why you won't see people join a boxing club, they don't just love the fighting they love the togetherness and the collective.

Blanco

064.gif

epsomraver

Quote from: Dr Know on March 07, 2016, 10:25:51 AM
Jeff Astle ?

One player out of millions and this is just what his family are saying, no medical evidence to substantiate it at all.

Vinnieffc

I used to box as a kid and, though technically I was okay, didn't have the agression to go up a step. But I did come to admire the skill involved and enjoy watching a quality bout (note: I avoided the word 'fight') as much as any contact sport. That being said, I didn't lack aggression on a football or rugby pitch but that's another story  :005: