watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Struggling to see

Started by Wearethewhites, March 09, 2016, 10:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

What type of impact Jokanovic is having at present.

Before I'm ripped apart for being negative, slagging the guy off, having a knee jerk reaction etc, please hear me out, this is a genuine post, and I do support the guy, however..

Yes, we're playing better, attacking football, yes we seem to be moving in the right direction, but we are still falling short with the same individual mistakes, week in, week out. They are really starting to damage us now.

Every week, Jokanovic tells us how we are working hard in training, that we remain positive, he's confident of this, that, then upset that we fall short of these individual errors.

Since Kit was sacked, we've won 3 games in something like 20 attempts. Neil Warnock walks straight into Rotherham, and has turned a very poor side around in a handful of games, also beating teams like Boro.

Personally, I just feel that the excuses are creeping in again, we're laying the blame on the refs, or anything else, rather than our own individual errors, or missed opportunities.

We've gone from a 10pt cushion to a 2pt cushion off the 3rd relegation spot, and really need to start winning games, no excuses.

Otherwise, we will sleepwalk to another relegation, and we will all be asking ourselves how this happened again.   

davew

Sleepwalk to another relegation, I think describing it as a sprint would be more accurate!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Wearethewhites

Quote from: davew on March 09, 2016, 10:38:34 AM
Sleepwalk to another relegation, I think describing it as a sprint would be more accurate!

In all due respect davew, I started this post with the intent of getting some decent feedback. Your replies of late, to most posts, are very short, sharp and negative. I understand we're in trouble, but at least try to give a point of view.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Wearethewhites on March 09, 2016, 10:56:24 AM

In all due respect davew, I started this post with the intent of getting some decent feedback. Your replies of late, to most posts, are very short, sharp and negative. I understand we're in trouble, but at least try to give a point of view.

His posts as shown in his profile confirm that this is his way of contributing to the board:

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=257785

jarv

Living abroad, I rely on this board for reports. From everything I have read, I conclude that many players on the team are just not god enough for this level of football.

Fulham let a perfectly good keeper go to Brighton.
Ambioretta, I have seen play, is useless.
Burn, the jury on here has been out for 2 years. Probably not good enough.
Ream, there is a reason he has been overlooked by the US team. A team not spoilt for choice in defence.

As I said, these are opinions gained fro reading many of your posts on here. Keep them coming else it is almost impossible to get any Fulham news.

Also, add the management shambles. You have to work really hard to create such an incompetent mess. Probably matched only by Newcastle and Villa at the moment.

The pressure is really on now to win on Saturday. I am not sure that will happen, very worried now.

If the team goes down, quite possible now, goodbye to Ross, Moussa, Cairney, Parker (retire),.  What does that leave? A poor third division team. Positive...Woodrow and Smith should do ok in division 3.

davew

Quote from: Wearethewhites on March 09, 2016, 10:25:37 AM
What type of impact Jokanovic is having at present.

Before I’m ripped apart for being negative, slagging the guy off, having a knee jerk reaction etc, please hear me out, this is a genuine post, and I do support the guy, however..

Yes, we’re playing better, attacking football, yes we seem to be moving in the right direction, but we are still falling short with the same individual mistakes, week in, week out. They are really starting to damage us now.

Every week, Jokanovic tells us how we are working hard in training, that we remain positive, he’s confident of this, that, then upset that we fall short of these individual errors.

Since Kit was sacked, we’ve won 3 games in something like 20 attempts. Neil Warnock walks straight into Rotherham, and has turned a very poor side around in a handful of games, also beating teams like Boro.

Personally, I just feel that the excuses are creeping in again, we’re laying the blame on the refs, or anything else, rather than our own individual errors, or missed opportunities.

We’ve gone from a 10pt cushion to a 2pt cushion off the 3rd relegation spot, and really need to start winning games, no excuses.

Otherwise, we will sleepwalk to another relegation, and we will all be asking ourselves how this happened again.   
Quote from: Wearethewhites on March 09, 2016, 10:56:24 AMMy own point of view

Apart from the last comment, I agree with your opening post, much of which I have continued to cover in various posts I have made reminding people that very little has changed at the Club, especially trying to secure our status in the Championship, or am I looking at the wrong league table and goals against column?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ron

You could probably get very long odds on it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see SJ's reign end before the end of the season in yet another shambles and bouts of recrimination.

It doesn't seem that he has injected the spark to ignite the squad in the way that has now become vital for survival in this division. The cost of relegation we face now is even greater than the cost of relegation we suffered recently. Gates, the new stand, attractiveness to quality new blood, exposure in the media....all these things go out the window.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom and at training/coaching sessions...

jarv

Nigel Pearson next? :hook:

Wearethewhites

Quote from: ron on March 09, 2016, 12:32:24 PM
You could probably get very long odds on it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see SJ's reign end before the end of the season in yet another shambles and bouts of recrimination.

It doesn't seem that he has injected the spark to ignite the squad in the way that has now become vital for survival in this division. The cost of relegation we face now is even greater than the cost of relegation we suffered recently. Gates, the new stand, attractiveness to quality new blood, exposure in the media....all these things go out the window.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom and at training/coaching sessions...

I'm just struggling to see why someone like Warnock, has joined Rotherham, and then turned them around in a handful of games. Surely they are a worse outfit than us, with players of less quality? That being the case, it shows you that Warnock's man management skills are much better. Didn't see them rolling over against Boro last night, blaming the ref, or giving away goals to individual errors. They got the job done, and are now 2pt in reach of us.

BedsFFC

I think we would have won more games with Warnock.  However, I don't believe he would take us fwd in the medium term.
Warnock would be a plaster to Jaco s transplant.
It's just about avoiding the drop for now.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: BedsFFC on March 09, 2016, 01:11:44 PM
I think we would have won more games with Warnock.  However, I don't believe he would take us fwd in the medium term.
Warnock would be a plaster to Jaco s transplant.
It's just about avoiding the drop for now.

Well, we're going a good way about just avoiding the drop. With what we have at hand, gains should have been made now in regards to our safety. 

Burt

Sort out the defence...

Most of the goals we concede are soft, and it has been our achilles heel for ages.

Which is a shame as in all other respects we are more of a potent force than we have been for some time and we should not be 2 points above the relegation zone.

We played well last night, no way we should have lost, all the goals conceded were preventable. Every time there is a set-piece near our box, you just know there is a high risk we will concede.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I can't see what he can do with the defenders he has inherited.
OK the 1st last night was Lonegans fault (I think)
Then a dodgy penalty, finally a very goog goal from Gray, any stronger defending and down he goes..penalty ?

We do have a lot of CB donkeys and I know coaching should solve a lot of these defensive problems but who
on earth should he pick, probably all of them are not good enough except maybe Madl.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

He sets us out in an attacking formation, which  you would expect at home.

And we did well, seemingly dominating the first half after conceding early, but it seems so easy to score against us-dodgy pens apart.

I don't think our defenders are that bad - no worse than other teams at this level - but we don't seem to defend in depth, and are always open to counter attack. But those goals were soft - is it confidence? understanding?

It's a shame, as Burt says, and completely gutting to lose after playing so well, but more organisation is all I can suggest as the  answer, and keep on doing what we are doing well - and hopefully our terrible luck will change.

FPT

I'm not sure individual error is anything to do with Slavisa Jokanovic, individual error is commonplace in the majority of football matches, our problem is that we have a number of individuals making individual errors that is letting the team down. The team probably looked as Jokanovic as it has done, we pressed high, we dominated proceedings, we tested the opposition goalkeeper, we overran midfield and gave the opposition strikers limited space to work in.

There's a clear playing style and method of attack under Slavisa Jokanovic whereas Kit Symons felt more like "go on lads, see what you can do." I feel like when I go to watch Fulham now that there is a plan of attack and philosophy being integrated, despite the squad perhaps not being totally suited/capable of what we're doing.

We could, in theory, go 442, defend deep and narrow, send the ball long and try to counter quickly; and with that we could potentially pick up results like Rotherham have done.

We have however seen our team play some very good, entertaining stuff and be unlucky not to walk away with more at the full time whistle. What is heartening to see is that we can compete and dominate the teams at the top of the table, but we've still got things to work on and etch out with it more being a case of going into the transfer window and improving the squad.

Wimbledon_White

Hang on, you say you're "struggling to see the impact Jokanovic is making"...but then say "Yes, we're playing better, attacking football, yes we seem to be moving in the right direction".

Errrrm I think you are "seeing the impact" to be fair old boy  :-)

Not calling you negative - heaven forbid - just saying, yes it is a results business and we're not picking up enough points, but to say "you're struggling to see the impact" only to then point out the very impact you are saying you're struggling to see is somewhat contradictory. 

Anyway, keep your chin up. We'll stay up. We're going to hammer Bristol on Saturday. Mark my words.