watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

McCormack to Brighton?

Started by Shredhead, April 21, 2016, 12:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

His agent is at it again. Reports on the Albion equivalent forum that he might be going for £15m. The response is lukewarm to derisory.
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?336860-Ross-McCormack
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Mince n Tatties

Where do they dig this stuff up from?
Why would he want to go there,I should think he gets
their total wage bill every week now at the Cottage.

Bronaldinho

He won't leave this summer.

Just listen/read his comments after the new contract.

Talks about being sold a vision and big plans for the summer at the club,.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

dannyboi-ffc

Can't see it if they don't go up. I think next season Brighton will fizzle out. I heard Dunk has an agreement that if Brighton don't go up he's on his way to us. He had his heart set on a move and according to people I've spoken to he had a deposit on a house nearby. Brighton triggered an extension in his contract and the move fell through. That's why he was dropped for the game against us.

Might be bull but I can see it happening if they end up missing out. McCormack will end up with another contract here.

Also heard Dembele to Chelsea for 5 million compensation with him loaned back for the season. That would be a good deal for us in the circumstances but he'd be mad to go there.  They didn't even give Lukaku or De Bruyne a chance!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Burt

Well I kind of understand their reactions...

Just assuming they do go up, would you want to spend £15m on someone who will be 30 years old when the new season gets underway, and unproven at a premier league level? It would be a hell of a gamble.

Jamie88

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 21, 2016, 12:37:29 PM
Can't see it if they don't go up. I think next season Brighton will fizzle out. I heard Dunk has an agreement that if Brighton don't go up he's on his way to us. He had his heart set on a move and according to people I've spoken to he had a deposit on a house nearby. Brighton triggered an extension in his contract and the move fell through. That's why he was dropped for the game against us.

Might be bull but I can see it happening if they end up missing out. McCormack will end up with another contract here.

Also heard Dembele to Chelsea for 5 million compensation with him loaned back for the season. That would be a good deal for us in the circumstances but he'd be mad to go there.  They didn't even give Lukaku or De Bruyne a chance!

Sorry for being thick but how can we get 5 million for Moussa if his contract is up this July?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Jamie88 on April 21, 2016, 01:01:00 PM

Sorry for being thick but how can we get 5 million for Moussa if his contract is up this July?

Compensation

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

YankeeJim

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 21, 2016, 02:25:44 PM

Compensation

Sorry for being thicker, but how do we get compensation for a player that is out of contract?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: YankeeJim on April 21, 2016, 04:46:47 PM

Compensation

Sorry for being thicker, but how do we get compensation for a player that is out of contract?

In the paper today

Fulham will seek 8.5 million in compensation.
Tribunal..

Black, White and Fred

Compensation

Where a professional player, under the age of 24, has been offered a new contract by his club (subject to certain requirements that the offer must meet set out in Rule 64.3 of the Football League Rules) and he rejects that offer in order to take up the opportunity to sign for another club, compensation will be payable.    This is not to be confused with training compensation under the EPPP regime (that applies to Academy players), an entirely different proposition.

In the majority of cases, clubs will reach mutual agreement on a compensation fee. However, in others the two clubs' valuations will differ, sometimes significantly, and the matter will need to be settled through an arbitration process.

So £8.5M is our price depends what Chelsea think.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

FPT

Compensation

If a home grown academy product leaves on a "free," the initial parent club are entitled to compensation which is formed to decide how much should be paid based on a number of different factors.

Alternatively, you can agree on a fee "out of court" if you so wish. I understand Tottenham made a bid for Danny Ings infamously a month before his contract expired; a bid of £12m (which was rejected presumably based on payment structure) would have seen Tottenham have more "exclusivity" to Ings and the right to talk to him first. In the end, Ings decided to join Liverpool; and from what I understand, compensation still is yet to be sorted - mess I know.

However, were Moussa Dembele to leave abroad, the rules are different. We will likely receive something along the lines of £300k (example Muamer Tankovic).

Right now - it's looking good for us to get at least £5m were Dembele to join one of the Premier League's big boys - and there's a solid chance of that being more. Players like Dembele are integral to Chelsea's (in my opinion, disgusting) business model - and £6m is very little to them. They can get Dembele first, they know he doesn't have to move homes and we get him for another season.

Hope that's cleared somethings up - I can go into the factors if you wish.

dannyboi-ffc

That's what I've heard, we've met a middle ground of 5 million compensation to prevent the need for a tribunal and as an extra incentive for us we get him back on loan for a season. Let's face it, even Dembele must realise he will be straight back out on loan so it makes sense to stay here. I personally think he's mad, he'd be better off at Spurs. I know that hasn't been the case in the past for the likes of Davis but spurs seem different now and their manager would improve him.

I think 5 mill and keeping him for a year is a decent deal considering he's out of contract. It means we don't have to splash out to replace his goals and have 5 mill to spend elsewhere. Add that to the money for Mitroglou and all of a sudden we have 11 odd million to spend before we even touch Khans money. Plus the wages saved on some journeymen like Ohara, Stek and possibly Amorebieta.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

BestOfBrede

Hmm...
Better off at Spurs?
But if he is sensible and signs with us for another 3 years, he is guaranteed a starting spot, improves his all-round game and eventually (before contract ends if... Continues to improve) gets a massive move/deal anyway!
He wins and we win, and let's be honest here - he owes us at least another year!

Carborundum

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 21, 2016, 09:51:26 PM
Hmm...
Better off at Spurs?
But if he is sensible and signs with us for another 3 years, he is guaranteed a starting spot, improves his all-round game and eventually (before contract ends if... Continues to improve) gets a massive move/deal anyway!
He wins and we win, and let's be honest here - he owes us at least another year!
I don't believe he owes us anything.  He's got 15 goals and is presumably on rather less money than other strikers achieving similar results in the Championship.  I'd be delighted to see him stay, but if he goes, he goes with my gratitude for one heck of a first full season of first team football.

dannyboi-ffc

Hmm...
Better off at Spurs?

I agree with you. That just seems too far off at the moment so I just feel Spurs would be better for his career than Chelsea would.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

f321ffc

Quote from: Shredhead on April 21, 2016, 12:26:06 PM
His agent is at it again. Reports on the Albion equivalent forum that he might be going for £15m. The response is lukewarm to derisory.
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?336860-Ross-McCormack

Let's negotiate with them over McCormack, make the negotiations drag on for 2 months then tell them he's not for sale , revenge for the Dunk fiasco.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Wearethewhites

He won't be going nowhere this summer, not after just signing a 4 year contract, unless it's mega money and we have nailed on replacement.

Twig

Hmm...
Better off at Spurs?

He owes us nothing.  However if we can do a loan back deal, great.

davew

Quote from: Twig on April 22, 2016, 11:48:25 AM
Hmm...
Better off at Spurs?

He owes us nothing.  However if we can do a loan back deal, great.
Not going to happen!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 21, 2016, 07:17:24 PM
That's what I've heard, we've met a middle ground of 5 million compensation to prevent the need for a tribunal and as an extra incentive for us we get him back on loan for a season. Let's face it, even Dembele must realise he will be straight back out on loan so it makes sense to stay here. I personally think he's mad, he'd be better off at Spurs. I know that hasn't been the case in the past for the likes of Davis but spurs seem different now and their manager would improve him.

I think 5 mill and keeping him for a year is a decent deal considering he's out of contract. It means we don't have to splash out to replace his goals and have 5 mill to spend elsewhere. Add that to the money for Mitroglou and all of a sudden we have 11 odd million to spend before we even touch Khans money. Plus the wages saved on some journeymen like Ohara, Stek and possibly Amorebieta.

Curious where you've heard this and how reputable the source was.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude