Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronaldinho

Quote from: cmg on May 13, 2016, 12:29:18 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 13, 2016, 10:15:10 AM
Report: Fulham flop Kostas Mitroglou to complete £5.5m Benfica move next week

As can be seen from this season's clip we won't be missing much...sob...sob :012:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgb1vkLu4NI

Hate that he was called a flop by the Media. He arrived injured, and that's why we signed him and didn't join the bigger clubs that were tracking him at the time.

Sad truth is that if we had survived that season, he would have probably played a fair bit the following season when 100% fit.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Friendsoffulham

MBS Sport

Fulham are expected to complete a permanent move for Madl, signing a contract until 2018. #FFC #FulhamFC

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: fulhamben on May 09, 2016, 09:38:55 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on May 09, 2016, 09:20:01 PM
According to Twitter (the world's most fact filled website), we, amongst a number of clubs are scouting Cyle Larin apparently. 6ft 2in and 21 goals in 35 for Orlando City.

If we're scouting the MLS for talent, then Gyasi Zardes HAS to be top of that list. Kid is going to be a star
stats mean nothing from the mls. bradley wright phillips has won the golden boot twice there.

Yeah that Clint Dempsey fella is rubbish

fulhamben

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on May 14, 2016, 06:02:54 PM
According to Twitter (the world's most fact filled website), we, amongst a number of clubs are scouting Cyle Larin apparently. 6ft 2in and 21 goals in 35 for Orlando City.

If we're scouting the MLS for talent, then Gyasi Zardes HAS to be top of that list. Kid is going to be a star
stats mean nothing from the mls. bradley wright phillips has won the golden boot twice there.

how random, surely you can clearly see I'm talking about stats over ability,  but now you have started  I'll take your dempsey and raise you by an Eddie Lewis
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

EJL

Can't think of many prolific MLS goalscorers that have done well in England or elsewhere.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: fulhamben on May 14, 2016, 09:06:09 PM
Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on May 14, 2016, 06:02:54 PM

how random, surely you can clearly see I'm talking about stats over ability,  but now you have started  I'll take your dempsey and raise you by an Eddie Lewis
I'll take your Eddie Lewis and raise you a Brian McBride!!  ;)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Friendsoffulham

Kostas Mitroglou's permanent transfer from Fulham is done, as Benfica exercised their €7m option to buy. [Record]

mike_corkcity12

Rumour is we are waiting for Kostas deal to be finalized before submitting FFP application to have embargo lifted.

Burt

We can have the FFP embargo lifted by showing that we have stayed within the maximum permitted deviation of £13m (£5m loss plus £8m shareholder investment) for the season just finished.

www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/championship-financial-fair-play-2867176.aspx#yA0Vwwkr1CfbcYMp.99

westcliff white

2 rumours around, one is that we bungled the Madl deal and breached the embargo rules and the second is we have not been with in the limits for the last year.

Juts rumours though, probably because as we have yet to have our embargo lifted and the other clubs given the same embargo at the time have.

Personally think we will be ok
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on May 15, 2016, 02:37:42 PM
Rumour is we are waiting for Kostas deal to be finalized before submitting FFP application to have embargo lifted.

It would be interesting to know when the "season"/accounting period ends in this regard. Although the league has finished, we could, theoretically, have been in the cup final and therefore maybe the accounts stay open after the last league game and thus accommodate this transaction as suggested? You wouldn't imagine that the curtain comes down at final whistle without a period for tidying up.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Quote from: Statto on May 15, 2016, 08:19:05 PM
Clubs' accounting dates are generally end of may, june or july (ours is end of june) and transfer window doesn't open until start of july. my guess would be the cut-off is 30 june/1 july.

Thing is, our parachute payment goes down by about £10m next year, other than perhaps amorebieta and kaca there aren't any other premiership-level earners left to go, there are no bigger sales likely than roberts and mitroglou, and the permitted losses aren't going to be raised again any time soon. so if we're still in breach this season then we really will be f^&*ked and i can't see us being out of embargo until there's a fundamental change in our bsuiness model... probably about 2018

i absolutely cannot believe we're anywhere near still being in breach this season. surely not

Sounds a much more sensible timescale.

As you say, surely not, if we breached FFP again it would be very "careless".

Should they leave, Dembele and Hyndman will have some meaningful value but after that we really have sold the family silver.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

BestOfBrede

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: BestOfBrede on May 15, 2016, 09:31:35 PM
What about Stek?
Surely he is worth a few bob!

Keeper in his 30's in the last year of his contract? Probably not.

I reckon he'll be sold for a nominal fee this summer.

Never ever bloody anything ever.

westcliff white

If Koeman goes to Everton then Stek could follow but I do have a feeling he will be with us next season
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Out of contract Hyndman is interesting Celtic who could pick the player up for as little as £200,000 compensation. If he stayed in England the compensation would be much higher.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 16, 2016, 03:15:38 PM
Out of contract Hyndman is interesting Celtic who could pick the player up for as little as £200,000 compensation. If he stayed in England the compensation would be much higher.

I certainly hope his standards are set higher than the SPL. His play time won't likely be any better than here. The week to week competition certainly won't be once they've fallen out of their Champions Lge group. Only thing to go for would be the money and a short-lived European adventure. I don't see Celtic really benefitting his career advancement all too much.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

dannyboi-ffc

Roberts and Hyndman are best friends I believe I heard somewhere so maybe the Celtic rumour isn't far off. He's likely to play regularly and be in Europe, potentially the Champs league and in most circumstances would be almost guaranteed a title medal at the end of it. Plus Roberts will be there another season on loan.

If he did go there it would only be a stop gap anyway. These players only use you to get to the next step on the road to Real Madrid or Barcelona. 
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging