watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carborundum

Conservation of energy was never my problem with Berba.  Lack of positional discipline was.  It all went sour for me when he started dropping back to get the ball because his teamates couldn't be trusted. 

He and Carney wouldn't be my recipe for a well drilled unit.  When he played with Ruiz it was usually horrible.

Look, I don't mind if we don't go up, just so long as we have a developing team emerging to look forward to in years to come.   I'd be really happy to see him against us - he can be quite a spectacle and an opposition worldly is still a worldly.  But mostly I'd be happy because the opposition could have played someone more effective on average.

Horsfield_No9

Pringle's officially moved to PNE and we got a fee.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Classic94

Over 15 players gone, wages off the books and likely more to follow. Having sanctioned this activity, I'd hope that several incoming deals are set for completion as the squad still requires major surgery.

Ordar

Do we have any players left??

Another year, another total squad rebuild. I hope they're going to get quite a few in soon. Trying to gel an entire first team again could really set us up for a bad start. Especially with our tough start

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Ordar on July 04, 2016, 07:12:31 PM
Do we have any players left??

Another year, another total squad rebuild. I hope they're going to get quite a few in soon. Trying to gel an entire first team again could really set us up for a bad start. Especially with our tough start

We've cancelled the mini bus for the team to get to Cork and replaced it with a moped.

Be 5-a-side come August.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Carborundum on July 04, 2016, 06:04:58 PM
Conservation of energy was never my problem with Berba.  Lack of positional discipline was.  It all went sour for me when he started dropping back to get the ball because his teamates couldn't be trusted. 

He and Carney wouldn't be my recipe for a well drilled unit.  When he played with Ruiz it was usually horrible.

Look, I don't mind if we don't go up, just so long as we have a developing team emerging to look forward to in years to come.   I'd be really happy to see him against us - he can be quite a spectacle and an opposition worldly is still a worldly.  But mostly I'd be happy because the opposition could have played someone more effective on average.

I've never seen anyone with a better first touch.
In my single days I dated an absolutely striking blonde, Don't ask me what she saw in me. When we'd walk into a room, conversation would stop because everyone was looking at her. We had our moments mind you, mostly in the dark, but after the novelty wore off I realized I was just a prop and someone to pick up the check. That was Berbatov. If we had a Champions league midfield to do the work and get the ball to him, fine, but lets get real. Playing with him in his second season and today would be like being a man down all the time. No thanks.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

AnEssexFan

I echo the view that if we're not likely to go up this year (and we haven't yet signed the players to convince me we can), then I want to be entertained. A team containing Ross, Berba, Cairney and LVC (if he rekindles his form) could be rather exciting to watch.
@leightonrw07

BestOfBrede

"I've never seen anyone with a better first touch.
In my single days I dated an absolutely striking blonde, Don't ask me what she saw in me. When we'd walk into a room, conversation would stop because everyone was looking at her. We had our moments mind you, mostly in the dark, but after the novelty wore off I realized I was just a prop and someone to pick up the check. That was Berbatov"

:wow:

You went out with Berbatov and he was a blond!
:005:

Max Headroom

What's this talk about Berbatov. He is the reason we got relegated. No, no, no and no..... Even if he was supremely talented. Just no

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Statto on July 05, 2016, 08:46:19 AM
Quote from: Max Headroom on July 05, 2016, 08:29:20 AM
What's this talk about Berbatov. He is the reason we got relegated. No, no, no and no..... Even if he was supremely talented. Just no

I'd say it's easier to argue he's the reason we didn't get relegated in 2012/13 than to argue he's the reason we did get relegated in 2013/14.

But that was several years ago and he was on his last legs then. Plus he was never cut out for the rough and tumble of the championship, even in his prime. So no I don't want him back either.

He wasn't the reason we got relegated.

We signed some really poor players that summer - Taarabt/Bent epitomise that, both of them were overweight and struggled to game match fitness.

Taarabt only shined towards the end when Rene played him as a striker against Man City.  Other than that he offered very little.

Bent didn't have any work ethic and failed to be clinical enough in front of goal.

When we did start building a system under Rene, we got a decent run of games and a bit of structure - then Ali Mc hit the panic button because Magath had saved a side from relegation before.

Then we had 3-6-1's and all different sort of lineups which cost us, that and the fact that Dejagah was rarely used and Holtby was exiled from the side who was arguably one of our best threats going forward.

Magath got us relegated, not Berbatov.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bronaldinho

Reports say Delaney has held talks with Fulham and Watford now.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 05, 2016, 10:19:09 AM

Oh well, it was at least nice to be linked.

Hoppus

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 05, 2016, 10:32:15 AM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 05, 2016, 10:19:09 AM

Oh well, it was at least nice to be linked.

No news on the Danish newspaper, only a story on Delaney talking to Watford.

jimmyc19

westcliff white

Quote from: jimmyc19 on July 05, 2016, 11:43:14 AM
Sone Aluko on a free on Twitter this morning
The aluko story been doing the orunds for a couple of weeks now
Every day is a Fulham day

Wearethewhites

Sergi Canos signs for Norwich, 2.5M, good signing for them, some of the bigger Clubs really starting to make their mark.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: westcliff white on July 05, 2016, 11:55:23 AM
Quote from: jimmyc19 on July 05, 2016, 11:43:14 AM
Sone Aluko on a free on Twitter this morning
The aluko story been doing the orunds for a couple of weeks now

Was linked to Birmingham City in the last 24hrs
@ABronsSmith

bill taylors apprentice

I think its time this post's title was updated to The official SERIOUS transfer window Thread.

There have been plenty going through the exit in the close season with very little sign of life coming in.

Considering the shambles of the last few seasons it was obvious to a blind man what we needed long before last season was over so one hopes recruitment plans were taking place before the season concluded.

For some reason the club have always kept its cards very close to their chest regards transfers even before MAF so hopefully there will be a mass signing extravaganza any time soon because boy oh boy we need them.

We need everyone in place before the friendly with CP and once the seasons started only exceptional business should be considered.

HillingdonFFC

Apparently Thomas Delaney been shown around Watfords training ground today by their owners, reckon this ones dead assuming there was any legs in it anyway

mike_corkcity12

What is going on? 31 days till we play Newcastle and only 1 signing. Jok will be patching a team together for that came at the rate things are going.

Newcaslte have Ritchie, Gayle and all the others.

We will have Ream and Stearman defending against them.