more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 02, 2016, 03:51:30 PM
Brighton are said to have agreed a club record fee for Spuds midfielder Alex Pritchard.

Said to be in the region of 8 million quid.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobbo

Quote from: bobbo on August 03, 2016, 10:15:43 AM
Quote from: nose on August 03, 2016, 09:49:46 AM
if ross has gone and we now have released players, taking the most positive spin, who are we getting in that will make us better? I heard some rumours like everyone else so am expecting two or three this week. If not we are making repetitive replies that aren't funny! , as usual!
where is the info that Ross has gone ?????
apologies just seen it on BBC web page Ross HAS gone now. Oh well this sort of thing has happened to us throughout my whole time supporting, we will get on with it and who knows maybe be better for it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 03, 2016, 10:22:29 AM
I have seen clips of Steve Mounie and he certainly better than Frank Large, and maybe the teams he played against in those clips were of a lower standard, and maybe not. He is certainly not rubbish. He looks about 6'3", around 22, he looks quick, strong with good upper body strength. He scored his goals from outside the box, inside the box, in the air from a standing position, also whilst attacking the ball from a running position, and in flight running with the ball, he reminds me of a young Louis Saha.
But what do I know.
The 4 players you mentioned, of course they are the kind of players we could do with. But historically and recently we tend to go for the ones that will cost two sheep and a goat.
But rubbish Steve Mounie ain't, and we have done and could do far worse. ⚽️

Woolly...That was Louis Saha video you were watching
Been on the Dandelion and Burdock again have we... :wine:

hovewhite

Money wise good business from club,longterm a different question and khan and joka well we will see what happens next.i think khan could be thinking about selling and if he's not joka is his last roll of the dice.
If this is jokas decision re Ross then he has to have a strategy of some sort I just wonder what it is.

Barrett487

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2016, 10:12:54 AM
Quote from: Andyb on August 03, 2016, 10:07:31 AM
Now let's go get Jordan Rhodes

How much did Boro pay for him?
Ended up on bench.

They'll need squad depth and strength in the Prem, so i doubt they'll sell. Here's your answer btw.

Middlesbrough complete £11m deal for Jordan Rhodes from Blackburn

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3426439/Jordan-Rhodes-Blackburn-Rovers-Middlesbrough-expected-pushed-deadline-day.html#ixzz4GGBv4AsW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Arthur

I don't think Cauley Woodrow should be written off. He's needed more time to develop, it's true, but given the same amount of game time as Dembele got last season, I'd back him to bag 15 goals - maybe even match Moussa's tally for us.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Arthur on August 03, 2016, 10:42:17 AM
I don't think Cauley Woodrow should be written off. He's needed more time to develop, it's true, but given the same amount of game time as Dembele got last season, I'd back him to bag 15 goals - maybe even match Moussa's tally for us.

And then we can sell him next summer and replace him with Humphrys

And then we can sell him the following summer and replace him with someone who is probably out hunting pokemon right now on their summer holidays

Nero

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 03, 2016, 10:44:39 AM
Quote from: Arthur on August 03, 2016, 10:42:17 AM

And then we can sell him next summer and replace him with Humphrys

And then we can sell him the following summer and replace him with someone who is probably out hunting pokemon right now on their summer holidays

Glad you can see how this self sustainability works.

Barrett487

Luke Garbutt might be available   fp.gif

10:25
FIVE WITHOUT NUMBERS AT EVERTON

Everton manager Ronald Koeman appears to have signalled his intentions regarding his squad after five players were not given a shirt number for the forthcoming season.

Strikers Oumar Niasse, Conor McAleny and Leandro Rodriguez, winger Aiden McGeady and defender Luke Garbutt were all left out of the initial allocation confirmed by the club.

Niasse, Everton's third most expensive signing for £13.5m, only arrived in January from Lokomotiv Moscow but managed just 152 minutes of competitive football.

Mhbruce

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 03, 2016, 11:08:41 AM

Everton manager Ronald Koeman appears to have signalled his intentions regarding his squad after five players were not given a shirt number for the forthcoming season.

Strikers Oumar Niasse, Conor McAleny and Leandro Rodriguez, winger Aiden McGeady and defender Luke Garbutt were all left out of the initial allocation confirmed by the club.

Niasse, Everton's third most expensive signing for £13.5m, only arrived in January from Lokomotiv Moscow but managed just 152 minutes of competitive football.

Niasse and mcgeady might be worth a loan although I highly doubt we would be able to get the former

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2016, 09:58:39 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 03, 2016, 09:47:18 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2016, 09:34:06 AM
Quote from: Ron91 on August 03, 2016, 09:16:17 AM
Official Comment on the FFC site, we have accepted a bid from Aston Villa. Good Riddance, of course he did well for us over the last 2 years but i do not like a guy who signs several contracts then leaves.

Think Ross might have been forced out so to get funds to
bring players in..
.But thats not what it was supposed to be
Was it?
I will miss the best player we've had in a while.

You're having a laugh !

Why is that then ?
Only way we are going if that to get so called promised funds
But of course  you know everything that goes on at the club
dont you know all.

Why? Because lifes generally never as simple as "forced out" its naive to assume this player was forced to do anything he didn't want to do after receiving his latest contract renewal.

IMO It is reasonable to assume a conversation during the last Jan window was had along the lines of, we know the clubs not matching your ambitions but see us through to safety and we will not stand in your way next season.

And I think you're having a laugh again if you are implying I'm a know all!
I may be opinionated at times but isn't that the kinda thing that makes this media tick?

Barrett487

Quote from: Mhbruce on August 03, 2016, 11:13:00 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on August 03, 2016, 11:08:41 AM

Niasse and mcgeady might be worth a loan although I highly doubt we would be able to get the former

Niasse doesn't have a proven record really, if you look at who he's played for. A McGeady-style player isn't a priority i'd say.

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 03, 2016, 09:38:25 AM
Odd for Fulham to announce a transfer before it is complete, even before a medical ?  Wonder what has changed and why they have done this ?

So that the world and his wife know Ross McCormack is available for transfer at £14m just in case the Villa deal falls through.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Texas White

Official Comment on the FFC site, we have accepted a bid from Aston Villa. Good Riddance, of course he did well for us over the last 2 years but i do not like a guy who signs several contracts then leaves.

Toys out of pram, Leeds fans called him McContract

fulhamben

Quote from: Texas White on August 03, 2016, 01:06:36 PM

Toys out of pram, Leeds fans called him McContract
i love the bit that say further details will be released shortly. every man and his dog knows that the further details will be, ross has left for an undisclosed fee
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alexmur

the only thing that's annoyed me over the McCormack saga is on error the last week nothing has happened on anyone coming in  seems all they have been doing is working on his deal. I normally try to stay positive and honestly don't mind ross has left, good money and all that. but I want to see at least 3 new faces before the weekend so far the players we have got seem to be the real deal so Mets keep it going lads

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

NJFulham

Quote from: Chutney on August 03, 2016, 10:07:32 AM
Quote from: fulhamross on August 03, 2016, 09:59:29 AM
Steve Mounie

Who is complete and utter rubbish, and before anyone says it, yes I have seen him play.

To replace Ross we need garunteed goals and assists at this level:

Jordan Rhodes
Cameron Jerome
Charlie Austin
Chris Martin

Are we realistically going to sign any of the above? No.

So you want them to sign someone you've heard of?

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 03, 2016, 10:29:13 AM
if ross has gone and we now have released players, taking the most positive spin, who are we getting in that will make us better? I heard some rumours like everyone else so am expecting two or three this week. If not we are making repetitive replies that aren't funny! , as usual!

What repetitive replies are you making that aren't funny nose, and who says they aren't funny ?

the 'repetitive replies' phrase as you may or may not know, is nothing to do with me but an auto correct feature of the MB. So if I dare to make reference to the ridiculous appauling nature of our leadership, then unless I use new words each time I get my post ammended. Its a kind of cencorship that i discussed with mods. they apparently stop it happening but cencorship is nonetheless what it becomes because I am unable to freely restate what needs restating.

on a separate note, I heard on the BBC how wooly mamoths supposedly died out through lack of water.... i think they might just be hiding.