https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Quote from: Birmingham White on August 24, 2016, 01:32:14 PM
Couple of comments:

It looks like RVP is looking for a new club although he is still training with Fenerbace (photo on his Twitter account from 9th August). Stoke are very interested in him so that could be his final destination.

A Ghana football site says the Chinese want to ship out Gyan because he has been frequently injured and has proved poor value for money because of this.
I read they want to offload as they had signed some player called Hulk
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

Quote from: river phoenix on August 24, 2016, 01:31:14 PM
Patrick Bamford ‏@Patrick_Bamford  4m4 minutes ago
Nice to catch up with this egg again
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

Quote from: river phoenix on August 24, 2016, 01:31:14 PM
Patrick Bamford ‏@Patrick_Bamford  4m4 minutes ago
Nice to catch up with this egg again

hopper

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 24, 2016, 12:02:17 PM
Quote from: hopper on August 24, 2016, 11:51:55 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 24, 2016, 11:46:21 AM
Quote from: Statto on August 24, 2016, 11:35:38 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 24, 2016, 11:29:12 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2016, 09:52:29 AM
Quote from: fulhamross on August 24, 2016, 09:49:49 AM
Woodrow isn't good enough for us.
I sense the tide of opinion has turned a little against Woodrow already this year.

There is no recognition in this about the type of player he is and the stage of his career. He is a hard working lad rather than one with an abundance of raw talent who has not yet had a good run in the team.

For me if he is going to progress he needs to play regularly and get a chance to score regularly. If we do bring in a first choice forward then maybe a loan out to a club like Sheffield United would be good for him.

The thing is if a player is lazy but talented you just need to motivate them. but you can't motivate talent into someone who doesn't have it. IMO any player needs at least one strength you try to take advantage of. For example fredericks--not a great player but you can make something of his pace. For woodrow, what is it?
pace? no.
strength? no.
aerial ability? no.
dribbling? no.
playmaking? no.
finishing? no.

Top post.

His finishing is great though. Everything else perhaps not, but he knows where the net is

I agree with most of what you say Hopper but it isn't quite that simple. It probably is more so with strikers but if you have a bit of everything then you can make a very good supporting forward. I've always felt Woodrow's hold up play and assisting has been good. It needs to get better to make him any use to us in reality. The one thing I've felt he lacked was finishing but against orient he did what he isnt best at (however good that maybe) and scored two good goals. The point I was trying to make is we forgive some players a so so game but not others. Dembele had two worse games on the bounce but started the third. I don't think cauley will get that chance as I hope improvements are coming in, I'm just not writing him off is all. If we bolster the squad a loan move until Jan may becthe best for both sides. I think playing off smith he may be very effective

Interesting how people see different things. I haven't seen enough of Woodrow to be certain of his attributes. To me finishing has always been something he is good at, but he seems to have poor control and strength which lets him down. He's a good player at tracking down players off the ball. His performance against Cardiff where he didn't trouble them at all showed however that he can still be a passenger in a game, which certainly means he can't be a starter of a team looking for promotion.

LVBPTS

for what its worth (admitedly nt a lot) the Bleacher Reporter Dean Jones has the ossibility of Gyan as highly likely
says we are to pay ?2m

source:
Supporter since 2000

Chutney

Quote from: corbs83 on August 24, 2016, 02:54:36 PM
for what its worth (admitedly nt a lot) the Bleacher Reporter Dean Jones has the ossibility of Gyan as highly likely
says we are to pay ?2m

source:

?2m for one season is ridiculous.
C O Y W

westcliff white

Quote from: Chutney on August 24, 2016, 02:58:32 PM
says we are to pay ?2m

source:

There are no wages with that is just a straight 2 million

mkras99

Kebano's coach confirms medical at Fulham, but said Kebano is still going to be in Genk's squad tomorrow:

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/europa_league/1.2751384

Kebano find since his move to Genk not a year ago completely turn on the field. A transfer to Fulham in the English second division is imminent, but Kebano is however still in the squad for the match against Lokomotiva Zagreb tomorrow.

"Because of the failure of Thomas Buffel we do not have much surplus in the offensive compartment. That's why we asked him to stay for a while. He has prepared and approved the interest of the group. That's very clever."

"Kebano has always worked hard for this team and lies well in the group. His transfer? As I understand, he explains today's medical tests and is back tomorrow with us."

sipwell

Quote from: mkras99 on August 24, 2016, 03:16:54 PM
Kebano's coach confirms medical at Fulham, but said Kebano is still going to be in Genk's squad tomorrow:

Kebano find since his move to Genk not a year ago completely turn on the field. A transfer to Fulham in the English second division is imminent, but Kebano is however still in the squad for the match against Lokomotiva Zagreb tomorrow.

"Because of the failure of Thomas Buffel we do not have much surplus in the offensive compartment. That's why we asked him to stay for a while. He has prepared and approved the interest of the group. That's very clever."

"Kebano has always worked hard for this team and lies well in the group. His transfer? As I understand, he explains today's medical tests and is back tomorrow with us."

They need a victory (or a draw) so it is likely they want to keep their player for this last game, especially since Fulham had not qualified for European football!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Lighthouse

Most incoming transfers will not be available anyway until after the International games.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LVBPTS

Quote from: Chutney on August 24, 2016, 02:58:32 PM
says we are to pay ?2m

source:

ot if it earns us ?200m that comes with promotion
Supporter since 2000

rusty shackleford

Looks like Kebano is having his medical then heading back to Genk to be in the squad for their match tomorrow

Which is strange

MJG

Quote from: Statto on August 24, 2016, 03:44:05 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 24, 2016, 03:31:32 PM
Looks like Kebano is having his medical then heading back to Genk to be in the squad for their match tomorrow

Which is strange

Surely that can't be true; he'd need another medical when he came back. What's the source of this?
His manager

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2016, 03:48:23 PM

Which is strange

Surely that can't be true; he'd need another medical when he came back. What's the source of this?
His manager

Hoping we can pull out of the deal should he take a knock in the game
C O Y W

rusty shackleford

Which is strange

Quote from his manager on an article floating around twitter

We Are Premier League

Even if kebano signs, i still think we need 3 more players to chase for promotion.

A right defender, what if odoi gets injured...cant expect Fred to be fit for much of the season.

The top goal scorer we keep hearing about...

Another midfielder, attacking or deffensive depending on where he intends to play jozabed. We need 10 players for these 5 position. At the moment i can only ses 3 def, 4 attacking + joza. With ayite injured, this will b very clear when u look at the bench this coming weekend...

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on August 24, 2016, 03:50:38 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 24, 2016, 03:48:23 PM

Which is strange

His manager

Hoping we can pull out of the deal should he take a knock in the game
A Genk fan saying he will be on the bench, but only come on if needed

westcliff white

Quote from: sipwell on August 24, 2016, 03:19:44 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on August 24, 2016, 03:16:54 PM

They need a victory (or a draw) so it is likely they want to keep their player for this last game, especially since Fulham had not qualified for European football!
But if he gets injured we may lose a player we want and the lose the money that they may need.

twang

Quote from: mlangstrom on August 24, 2016, 03:53:06 PM
Even if kebano signs, i still think we need 3 more players to chase for promotion.

A right defender, what if odoi gets injured...cant expect Fred to be fit for much of the season.

The top goal scorer we keep hearing about...

Another midfielder, attacking or deffensive depending on where he intends to play jozabed. We need 10 players for these 5 position. At the moment i can only ses 3 def, 4 attacking + joza. With ayite injured, this will b very clear when u look at the bench this coming weekend...

I honestly can't see the huge need for more additions than the striker we will get. The squad seems pretty complete to me:

Goalkeeper: Button, Bettinelli, Joronen

Right back: Kalas, Fredericks (Odoi)
Central defence: Sigurdsson, Madl, Stearman, Ream (Kalas)
Left back: Odoi, Malone, Sessegnon (Ream)

Central midfield duo: McDonald, Jozabed, Parker, Tunnicliffe (Christensen)
Attacking midfield trio: Cairney, Aluko, Kebano, Ayite, Christensen (Jozabed, Sessegnon)

Striker: XXXX, Smith, Woodrow