watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

if adebuyor is all we get (if we sign him), then the window dealings will drop from Very good to above average in my mind. Not to replace Dembele and Ross would be a mistake, and w ehave had long enough to do a deal for someone. Feeling totally under whelmed right now.
Every day is a Fulham day

rusty shackleford

I think its ridiculous that it looks at if we wont be signing a decent striker today. Cyriac is the only possibility I can see coming in today, which id be happy about. But i dont buy this "maybe we have surprise up our sleeve" talk. The vast majority of signings are leaked at least a little beforehand. Hopefully im wrong. The only 2 I can think of this season who were out of the blue were Ragnar and Kalas?

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 31, 2016, 01:56:44 PM
I think its ridiculous that it looks at if we wont be signing a decent striker today. Cyriac is the only possibility I can see coming in today, which id be happy about. But i dont buy this "maybe we have surprise up our sleeve" talk. The vast majority of signings are leaked at least a little beforehand. Hopefully im wrong. The only 2 I can think of this season who were out of the blue were Ragnar and Kalas?

Did you see Ade coming - there can always be someone up our sleeve

Lighthouse

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 31, 2016, 01:59:05 PM

Didn't see him coming and still don't. But if he does he certainly saw us coming.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Arthur

Quote from: Toby Ward-Smith on August 31, 2016, 01:24:17 PM
For me we need to look at the permanent options today like Cyriac, Enrich and Martin and push everything for these deals. Or maybe make last minute bids for Wells or Assombalonga and splash the cash on a striker like every other Championship club seem to be doing. Then if we don't pull through on a deal we then start talking to Adebayor and bring him in once the windows shut. Whilst the window is open for me we need to avoid Adebayor unless he is the last option which I don't think he is.

It seems increasingly like we've done all that you've said and have had to cross a host of names off our list. If we were confident of landing an earlier target, would we have entered into talks with Adebayor?

Mince n Tatties

Hang on just looking into my Stikers crystal ball.
Yes he'll do...Sorry decided to elswhere...

rusty shackleford

Im not against Ade coming, think he could be decent. But is the striker we envisioned when e sold RMC and had some money to play with? Wheres the young, hungry, exciting striker we have been crying out for?

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 31, 2016, 02:08:40 PM

Im not against Ade coming, think he could be decent. But is the striker we envisioned when e sold RMC and had some money to play with? Wheres the young, hungry, exciting striker we have been crying out for?

I do not want him to come - just saying that we may have a better surprise up our sleeve

brightster

I really don't think the club haven't tried to get someone in up front, still think the Chris Martin might happen.
Seems like a lot of teams are buying or doing deals today, so we are not the only club.

Now how about a last min try for Crouch or Walters  at Stoke on loan, they have about six forwards on the books so could offload one of them! Just a thought!

Slaphead in Qatar

Problem is a lot of clubs are after a striker or two - they are like gold dust

Keynsham

I am disgusted with the club that we didn't make a serious attempt to get Bony.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Keynsham on August 31, 2016, 02:24:25 PM
I am disgusted with the club that we didn't make a serious attempt to get Bony.

Your attempt at sarcasm will only annoy people further. Bottom line is, the Club have known since the beginning of the window that Ross and Moussa were going, so it's no excuse really that we're not in for a Bony type striker. Instead, it'll be a free agent, or an overpriced ego type player on big wages.

westcliff white

Sky sources understand Asamoah Gyan has flown to Dubai to sign for Al-Ahli.

alexmur

Quote from: westcliff white on August 31, 2016, 02:33:20 PM
Sky sources understand Asamoah Gyan has flown to Dubai to sign for Al-Ahli.
great news

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Keynsham

Bottom line is that there is ALWAYS something to whinge about, isn't there?

westcliff white

I dont think ther eis always someting to whinge about at akll, but a lack of incomig strikers would be a hinderence to the team, and thats what I read that people are saying. I dont see whinging.

Keynsham

It's like an entire middle school has been told that they can't bring their catapults in for the last day of term, not a forum posted on by adults.

Calm down chaps, honestly.

ChrisP1234

The window isn't even shut yet. It takes no time at all to put a deal together. Keep the faith.

rusty shackleford

Twig

I've read it all now;
"It takes no time at all to put a deal together," ok let's ignore the labyrinthine complexities of the agent's fee (sometimes multiple fees), purchase price and fee stages, add-ons etc., players salary, cash benefits, non-cash benefits, bonuses, sell-on clauses, escape clauses, legal contract, medicals, etc etc.  Sure that all takes a matter of minutes!

"It's like an entire middle school has been told that they can't bring their catapults in for the last day of term, not a forum posted on by adults."  Not really, it's a group of dedicated fans who genuinely want to see the owner back the manager and live up to his hype.  Sorry of you are not so concerned.

"We have had a good start what are people complaining about?" how about the wafer thin squad and how we will cope with mid winter matches coming thick and fast, not to mention the inevitable injury list?

And yes, we do need at least one pacey striker because without that it must be highly unlikely that we will take sufficient chances to maintain anything better than mid table mediocrity.

Sorry if this constitutes whinging, in my book it is called caring.