News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is it with McCormack and his corners?

Started by Fulham Tup North, May 08, 2016, 11:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

090.gif Can he not deliver a decent corner? He took about 10 yesterday, every one different,  every one missing a Fulham player.  Half of them went over the 18 yard box and out for throw-ins. Why have we not got a decent corner taker? McCormack should be in the box looking to score.
Frustrated the hell out of me yesterday.
I feel better now,  thank you.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

H4usuallysitting

We have.... Cairney....not sure why Ross takes them

alfie

I could never understand that at Arsenal with Henry, their best goal getter and he is out taking corners.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bill taylors apprentice

Absolutely crazy that our best goal scorer takes corners.

I can only assume he wants to take them and the previous management wasn't strong enough to tell him otherwise.

I'm surprised Jokanovic has allowed it to continue?

Bronaldinho

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on May 08, 2016, 12:45:14 PM
Absolutely crazy that our best goal scorer takes corners.

I can only assume he wants to take them and the previous management wasn't strong enough to tell him otherwise.

I'm surprised Jokanovic has allowed it to continue?

My only negative of about RMC.

Truly gifted player, but sometimes I wish he would step away from a set piece and get in the box.

Especially when it's not shooting distance, let Cairney or someone whip it in.

If it's in shooting distance then fair enough.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

ScalleysDad

After the fifth one both GJ and Sean Davies were finding it hard not to criticise a lack of leadership on the pitch that would say something like hold on let ???? take it. Mind you they also did that a couple of times when poor passes and a lack of movement happened during the game. As you say he is not likely to score from the quadrant and is more likely to from the shambles of 'the mixer' or from a knock down.
Mind you we do daft things on the pitch all the time, like having Dembele in our box defending corners, when he would at least notionally occupy the opposition back two if he stayed the hell out of it.
Little things like this that cost us can only be rectified by a leader on the pitch which we haven't got or the man in the dug out. Can the man in the dug out even whistle?

filham

I guess that in training McCormac has been seen to take the best corners which can't be saying much for the rest. However, remember, we have no real wingers so perhaps there is no one in the team trained on crossing a ball.

kiwian

Oh please, do professionals need to be trained to take corners now??
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

David Allen Crankshaw

Perhaps because of his modest height compared with most defenders he perhaps thinks that he would be more useful taking corners.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on May 09, 2016, 10:13:27 AM
Perhaps because of his modest height compared with most defenders he perhaps thinks that he would be more useful taking corners.

That's why I assumed he takes them. I only remember him scoring 1 header. Maybe they feel Cairney is more likely to get his head on a corner.

Having said that it's still not the right decision imo. Cairney should take them and get the goal scorer in the box where he should be.

Speaking of strikers taking corners. Van Persie did it too. Doesn't make sense to me.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Airfix

Reminds me of the last game that I ever went to with my dad before he died.  He was a Chelsea fan so never passed up the opportunity of a sly dig where possible.  The game was Cheltenham at home in the FA Cup at Loftus Road.

As Sean Davis lined up to take another corner - most of which had either hit the first defender or the other corner flag - he asked me if he was raising his arm before kicking the ball to apologise in advance...

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Airfix on May 09, 2016, 10:21:18 AM
Reminds me of the last game that I ever went to with my dad before he died.  He was a Chelsea fan so never passed up the opportunity of a sly dig where possible.  The game was Cheltenham at home in the FA Cup at Loftus Road.

As Sean Davis lined up to take another corner - most of which had either hit the first defender or the other corner flag - he asked me if he was raising his arm before kicking the ball to apologise in advance...

Haha very witty. Despite him being a Chelsea fan that made me chuckle.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Airfix

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 09, 2016, 10:23:38 AM

He was an old-school Chelsea fan.  He was brought up in Battersea and went to Chelsea one week and Fulham the next.  He always did have a soft spot for us and eulogised at length about our great sides of the past (he was particularly keen on JH).  Ask LB, he'll tell you a lot about my dad, they had a LOOOOOONG chinwag before that Cheltenham game.

Another interesting fact about him is that he went to see every England game in World Cup 1966 (except the final) for free!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Airfix on May 09, 2016, 10:26:35 AM

He was an old-school Chelsea fan.  He was brought up in Battersea and went to Chelsea one week and Fulham the next.  He always did have a soft spot for us and eulogised at length about our great sides of the past (he was particularly keen on JH).  Ask LB, he'll tell you a lot about my dad, they had a LOOOOOONG chinwag before that Cheltenham game.

Another interesting fact about him is that he went to see every England game in World Cup 1966 (except the final) for free!

My Grandad grew up in Battersea. He went to a school that's now closed down by Wandsworth roundabout. He did the same with Chelsea and Fulham for the first couple of seasons in the 40s. But then he chose Fulham as it was a much nicer club with friendlier fans  He didn't have the soft spot for Chelsea though, he couldn't stand them.

Once you get an old boy talking about Fulham you could be there for hours. So I can imagine how that conversation with LB went. I know LB, very knowledgeable man and no doubt your Dad was too.

But could your Dad bake a mean muffin?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Airfix

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on May 09, 2016, 10:35:51 AM
Quote from: Airfix on May 09, 2016, 10:26:35 AM

My Grandad grew up in Battersea. He went to a school that's now closed down by Wandsworth roundabout. He did the same with Chelsea and Fulham for the first couple of seasons in the 40s. But then he chose Fulham as it was a much nicer club with friendlier fans  He didn't have the soft spot for Chelsea though, he couldn't stand them.

Once you get an old boy talking about Fulham you could be there for hours. So I can imagine how that conversation with LB went. I know LB, very knowledgeable man and no doubt your Dad was too.

But could your Dad bake a mean muffin?

Not sure about his baking skills but, if you'd had a baby, he'd knit bootees for you in a wink!