https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McCormack

Started by JPCL, July 22, 2016, 01:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

Quote from: alexmur on July 25, 2016, 11:46:33 AM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 25, 2016, 11:03:57 AM
Did Leeds finish higher up the table after Ross left? I know they've twice finished higher than us without him. Interesting.

My main feeling is (and I'm sure any fan will agree) we only want players here who want to play for Fulham. It's never fun when a player is at a club against his will. When Ruiz was made to stay that extra year he never once celebrated a goal, felt very hollow. Hard to get behind players in that scenario.
well said
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

https://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2016/07/25/coping-without-ross-mccormack/

EN1 FFC

Fulham could be in a win-win situation. If Ross stays then we have a top Championship striker who scores goals and helps with assists, if we lose him then we can strengthen the spine of the team with more experienced players (which we should be doing anyway but Khan is reluctant to pay asking prices).
I'd like to keep Ross, but if he wants away then good luck to him, he's helped us over the last two seasons and if we can get a good price to unlock Khans wallet.

Rhys Lightning 63

If the rumours are to be believed, with us using the money raised from Ross to raid Derby and buy Martin, Russell and Keogh... Can anyone think of a footballing scenario where the team who sold the one player, to replace them with a group (think Gareth Bale at Spurs) actually came off with the better deal?

I can think of tons in American sports, but don't want to use them as examples
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

cmg

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 25, 2016, 12:04:45 PM
Didn't he sit out a game or 2 but he wasn't injured? Pretty sure he tried to force a move.

We should start a new thread to see who can make up the best rumour concerning Ross (who missed one game all last season).

I know for sure that he always nicks all the chocolate digestives after training and that none of the others will play Scrabble with him as he keeps a couple of spare 'E's and 'S's in his pocket.

Texas White

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 25, 2016, 01:53:16 PM
Quote from: McTarmack on July 25, 2016, 12:14:42 PM
Fulham could be in a win-win situation. If Ross stays then we have a top Championship striker who scores goals and helps with assists, if we lose him then we can strengthen the spine of the team with more experienced players (which we should be doing anyway but Khan is reluctant to pay asking prices).
I'd like to keep Ross, but if he wants away then good luck to him, he's helped us over the last two seasons and if we can get a good price to unlock Khans wallet.

Have you got the code to the combination lock on Khans wallet, then it's a case of negotiating the barbed wire, and his close protection unit. Last but not least is a stick of dynamite may be required.

More likely a combo on Ross wallet

Skatzoffc

Quote from: cmg on July 25, 2016, 01:03:06 PM
Didn't he sit out a game or 2 but he wasn't injured? Pretty sure he tried to force a move.

We should start a new thread to see who can make up the best rumour concerning Ross (who missed one game all last season).

I know for sure that he always nicks all the chocolate digestives after training and that none of the others will play Scrabble with him as he keeps a couple of spare 'E's and 'S's in his pocket.

Lol. Nice one centurion.

I think Ross has been "injured" before whilst in our squad and nothing has come of it.
So not sure it is a given he is off.

Imo he has been the ultimate professional and gives his all for whatever team he plays.

For me the question is:-

Does he fit in Joka's plans.
Is he the striker we need in a fast pressing game with wingers.
Can he play up front alone?

I'm not sure he will stay.

If he goes and we use the money on a 20 goal a season striker who works in Joka's system then fine.
If he goes and we get 2-3 others who can't put the ball in the net, then we are in trouble .
Let's face it he scored pens and free kicks as well as open play goals.
For me I think we need a killer striker and Ross to get top 6.

Just an opinion.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

RaySmith

We could have done with Ross's guile tonight.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 25, 2016, 12:08:56 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 25, 2016, 12:00:47 PM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 25, 2016, 11:03:57 AM
Did Leeds finish higher up the table after Ross left? I know they've twice finished higher than us without him. Interesting.

My main feeling is (and I'm sure any fan will agree) we only want players here who want to play for Fulham. It's never fun when a player is at a club against his will. When Ruiz was made to stay that extra year he never once celebrated a goal, felt very hollow. Hard to get behind players in that scenario.

And where has Ross stated he isnt happy here,the so called transfer request last window
which was rubbish.
Its getting like a soap Opera

How many times Ive posted this now is unbelievable,Andy Lonergan quoted in the paper
That Ross never asked for a transfer and was happy at Fulham.

I have seen nothing in his play last season to doubt that.
He hasnt came out and asked for one this window either..Not saying it want
happen,but where is the evidence he wants away..

Bit of a naive view.

I don't think we keep giving him a pay rise because he's a good lad and helps collect the balls and bibs after training!

westcliff white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 25, 2016, 10:31:53 PM
A mate of mine was at the match tonight and sent me a text with a photo of him and Jok. He asked Jok what is the position with Ross, is he leaving or staying. Jok laughed patted him on the back, got up and walked off.
Not sure what yo make of that Woolly
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 25, 2016, 10:41:40 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 25, 2016, 10:36:11 PM
A mate of mine was at the match tonight and sent me a text with a photo of him and Jok. He asked Jok what is the position with Ross, is he leaving or staying. Jok laughed patted him on the back, got up and walked off.

Difficult to deduce, my chum was definately there, and it's a good photo of him and Jok. No mistaken identity. So it's a wait and see on this one I imagine. He left my friend not sure what to make of it either.
should of asked him if there was any chance of him turning Smith into a decent striker, although I fear the answer would have been the same
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on July 25, 2016, 11:28:37 PM

Difficult to deduce, my chum was definately there, and it's a good photo of him and Jok. No mistaken identity. So it's a wait and see on this one I imagine. He left my friend not sure what to make of it either.
should of asked him if there was any chance of him turning Smith into a decent striker, although I fear the answer would have been the same

How dare you fulhamben, he will be a hero this season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Texas White

Errr he doesent speak English...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Texas White on July 26, 2016, 12:39:33 AM

Errr he understands what he wants to hear,
Errr and neither do you...its doesn't

Never forget your Roots.

Texas White

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2016, 12:55:05 AM

Really... You think his English is real good...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Texas White on July 26, 2016, 01:36:49 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 26, 2016, 12:55:05 AM

Really... You think his English is real good...

My mates English is sweet as a nut.

Never forget your Roots.

cmg

757673045188313088[/tweet]][/url]

fulhamben

Quote from: cmg on July 26, 2016, 10:44:47 AM

757673045188313088[/tweet]][/url]
I'd have preferred it if slavisa had just smiled and gave him a vegiemite sandwich
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alexmur

I heard on good information that ross knows how they get the fig into a fig roll, but won't tell anyone.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cmg

Quote from: alexmur on July 26, 2016, 02:16:07 PM

I heard on good information that ross knows how they get the fig into a fig roll, but won't tell anyone.

So THAT'S why Delia wants him.

Jim

I agree. Surely Ross is a key player in our future success. Any good manager would take the strengths of Ross and build a team to counter balance any weakness in our defense.
He is too good for Fulham to lose; I know one player doesn't make a team but to replace him with a player that wants to come to Fulham is a very major challenge. It also makes two major assumptions ; that Mr K will spend all the money from any potential Ross transfer and that Rigg can find another player with the same impact as Ross in a relatively short time frame. I certainly wouldn't want to put a bet on these assumptions actually occurring.