watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We have been lied to once again

Started by Wearethewhites, August 02, 2016, 03:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

"Whatever it takes" is what was said by our current owner.

Fact or not, it was definitely quoted, I see/read it, so have others, yet I feel we're being lied to once again.

I understand that FFP has to be taken into consideration, but to be honest, most of the ambitious sides in the Championship who want promotion, are willing to splash the cash. Even Brighton are willing to spend 6M on Alex Pritchard, who I think will be an outstanding buy at this level.

Unlike others, I'm finished supporting our current owner, who doesn't show any ambition towards FFC, yet only ups the tempo with false statements around about the time of season ticket sales. We all know that his firstand only love is the Jags, and I'm really baffled as to why he even owns us.

Once again, we're scouting the market for free transfers, bargain bucket players, and are penny pinching over potential targets.

Yet again, no doubt I'll get jumped on by the 'facts & Stats' gang for these comments, but I see no evidence so far of Shad Kahn doing 'Whatever it takes'.

4 days until Newcastle, a team that is still 3/4 players short of where it should be, no real investment made, and another ongoing saga surrounding Ross McCormack.

Some things will never change - nor will Shad Kahn.

Chutney

People will defend the club based on FFP and what not, but the situation is, shahid khan has taken us to our lowest point for over a decade and has shown no intention of trying to repair the situation.

The cherry on top would be selling our best player without replacing him/having time to replace him.

We were promised that he would do whatever it takes to get us back to the premiership, so far he hasn't even bothered to try.

The only bit of intent we've shown over the last three years was the signing of McCormack.
C O Y W

Horsfield_No9

Hard to really comment without knowing the exact in's and out's of what we can spend on players and wages without getting in to trouble. I imagine the limit we can spend is pretty low as isn't it linked to income and our attendances have slowly dropped each season. I'd guess we can probably spend about 10m max so not sure what people were expecting? The days of spending 5+ mil on a player are long gone. This is the real world of the Championship, free's, clever loans and the odd 2-3m player. Most clubs who have been finishing higher up the league than us operate on these type of budgets.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Patrick

I will defer judgement on the transfers/Khan's promises/Joka's capabilities until November 1st....by then things should be very clear indeed....

fulhamben

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on August 02, 2016, 03:27:52 PM
Hard to really comment without knowing the exact in's and out's of what we can spend on players and wages without getting in to trouble. I imagine the limit we can spend is pretty low as isn't it linked to income and our attendances have slowly dropped each season. I'd guess we can probably spend about 10m max so not sure what people were expecting? The days of spending 5+ mil on a player are long gone. This is the real world of the Championship, free's, clever loans and the odd 2-3m player. Most clubs who have been finishing higher up the league than us operate on these type of budgets.
we might not be spending 5 mil on players, but other championship clubs are. the real world of the championship is that you have to buy your way out if the last few seasons are anything to go on
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

We have never been very successful with expensive signings other than Ross. So it really is a case of wait and see. But the frustration is understandable and the problem is we know the owner says things but has no real idea what is going on. His ownership has been riddled with disaster after disaster. But there is a difference between lies and ignorance. Our owner, while having the money relies on the people at the club to run things in the best way they see fit. So his ignorance in picking the right people as opposed to lies may be nearer the point.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

kempkong

What is your issue that he said it or does not appear to be following up on it.
what would you want him to say? His job as owner is to encourage fans to keep spending money and supporting the club (this is a business after all) "whatever it takes" obviously means to us that he will spend money and buy the players we need to get promoted but we have no idea what business we are trying to do and maybe getting knocked back. We did almost get relegated twice from this league so maybe players don't want to sign here. If he goes all in and spends silly money and we don't get promoted we get hit with sanctions (Newcastle don't need to worry about this as they are generating sales)
As for Brighton what have they signed in the last few years? They finished 3rd last year and obviously want to kick on and I imagine they got more money than is for finishing 3rd.
Finally we don't know if McCormack is off its all paper talk at the moment. This is just another doom and gloom post and I understand the frustration but we are not a premier league club anymore we are on current form a mid to bottom championship club. We need to accept it and "whatever it takes" has to be taken in this context.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huxley

I see the new indoor training hall being built. That doesn't come cheap. I would,rather see training facilities being built over a not needed right now stadium extension.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: kempkong on August 02, 2016, 03:48:34 PM
what would you want him to say? His job as owner is to encourage fans to keep spending money and supporting the club (this is a business after all) "whatever it takes" obviously means to us that he will spend money and buy the players we need to get promoted but we have no idea what business we are trying to do and maybe getting knocked back. We did almost get relegated twice from this league so maybe players don't want to sign here. If he goes all in and spends silly money and we don't get promoted we get hit with sanctions (Newcastle don't need to worry about this as they are generating sales)
As for Brighton what have they signed in the last few years? They finished 3rd last year and obviously want to kick on and I imagine they got more money than is for finishing 3rd.
Finally we don't know if McCormack is off its all paper talk at the moment. This is just another doom and gloom post and I understand the frustration but we are not a premier league club anymore we are on current form a mid to bottom championship club. We need to accept it and "whatever it takes" has to be taken in this context.

What a ridiculous post !

Whitesideup

Whatever it takes .. may include substantial investment in players ... never really worked for QPR though. Let's not forget that Bournemouth in the Championship, the best side by a country mile that season, including Watford, (imho) had cost at most £6.3 million and had a wage bill of £17 million at the end of that season.

Yes, we need good players, but we need more than that. We need to be greater than the sum of our parts. Fulham for me has been a side that has performed below the level that the quality of the playing staff suggests. I hope that SJ is building a team that will work as a team, and will go on to deliver a substantial improvement in our results this season. Need to see the team in real action to deliver a verdict, but I am full of hope.

fulhamben

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 02, 2016, 04:59:35 PM
Whatever it takes .. may include substantial investment in players ... never really worked for QPR though. Let's not forget that Bournemouth in the Championship, the best side by a country mile that season, including Watford, (imho) had cost at most £6.3 million and had a wage bill of £17 million at the end of that season.

Yes, we need good players, but we need more than that. We need to be greater than the sum of our parts. Fulham for me has been a side that has performed below the level that the quality of the playing staff suggests. I hope that SJ is building a team that will work as a team, and will go on to deliver a substantial improvement in our results this season. Need to see the team in real action to deliver a verdict, but I am full of hope.
not sure about that, im sure i read bournmouth broke ffp rules when they went up

YankeeJim

Quote from: Wearethewhites on August 02, 2016, 03:22:08 PM
"Whatever it takes" is what was said by our current owner.

Fact or not, it was definitely quoted, I see/read it, so have others, yet I feel we're being lied to once again.

I understand that FFP has to be taken into consideration, but to be honest, most of the ambitious sides in the Championship who want promotion, are willing to splash the cash. Even Brighton are willing to spend 6M on Alex Pritchard, who I think will be an outstanding buy at this level.

Unlike others, I'm finished supporting our current owner, who doesn't show any ambition towards FFC, yet only ups the tempo with false statements around about the time of season ticket sales. We all know that his firstand only love is the Jags, and I'm really baffled as to why he even owns us.

Once again, we're scouting the market for free transfers, bargain bucket players, and are penny pinching over potential targets.

Yet again, no doubt I'll get jumped on by the 'facts & Stats' gang for these comments, but I see no evidence so far of Shad Kahn doing 'Whatever it takes'.

4 days until Newcastle, a team that is still 3/4 players short of where it should be, no real investment made, and another ongoing saga surrounding Ross McCormack.

Some things will never change - nor will Shad Kahn.

:dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

kempkong

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 02, 2016, 04:57:52 PM

What a ridiculous post !

Good constructive criticism.

valdeingruo

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 02, 2016, 04:57:52 PM

What a ridiculous post !

As opposed to the OPs? Im not taking sides on this one, however both were written out well and provided an argument and counter argument.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

alexmur

Quote from: Patrick on August 02, 2016, 03:28:36 PM
I will defer judgement on the transfers/Khan's promises/Joka's capabilities until November 1st....by then things should be very clear indeed....
could not agree more 10 games is when I'll start pointing fingers if needs be, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

fulhamben

Quote from: alexmur on August 02, 2016, 05:11:36 PM
could not agree more 10 games is when I'll start pointing fingers if needs be, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.

yes, ive been impressed with acquisitions so far. ross money might just bring in some real quality

alexmur

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2016, 05:12:52 PM

yes, ive been impressed with acquisitions so far. ross money might just bring in some real quality
I hope we use the ross money on mounie and few others

fulhamben

Quote from: alexmur on August 02, 2016, 05:14:29 PM

cant say ive ever seen him play. but if he looks as good as alyite alunko and odoi do then we cant go far wrong

alexmur

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2016, 05:17:55 PM

cant say ive ever seen him play. but if he looks as good as alyite alunko and odoi do then we cant go far wrong
if he is half as good as his YouTube clip he will be a very good addition

fulhamben

Quote from: alexmur on August 02, 2016, 05:19:08 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2016, 05:17:55 PM

if he is half as good as his YouTube clip he will be a very good addition

are we even linked to him?