watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

nfr sky are really trying to hype up

Started by fulhamben, September 05, 2016, 02:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

the old/new (depending on your view on the newly formed club) firm derby. is anyone actually going to bother to watch it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 05, 2016, 03:32:51 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 05, 2016, 02:47:22 PM
the old/new (depending on your view on the newly formed club) firm derby. is anyone actually going to bother to watch it.

Not in this lifetime.
so you are saying that you are going to die and be reincarnated into something, lets say a slug. all before the game kicks off at the weekend? have you told the wife that you are not long for this world? :005:

jarv

I am from Glasgow and the last time I went to a match was when Kenny Dalglish was playing for Celtic. I have no allegiance to either and frankly was appalled at the hatred which existed between supporters.Never been again since although the opportunity has not been there. If I was in UK, I would take a look at it on tv with low expectations about the standard.

fulhamben

Quote from: jarv on September 05, 2016, 03:46:26 PM
I am from Glasgow and the last time I went to a match was when Kenny Dalglish was playing for Celtic. I have no allegiance to either and frankly was appalled at the hatred which existed between supporters.Never been again since although the opportunity has not been there. If I was in UK, I would take a look at it on tv with low expectations about the standard.
just seen that barton plays for rangers, im predicting 2 red cards and the usual 3 fans stabbed

fulhamben

Quote from: jarv on September 05, 2016, 03:46:26 PM
whats your fulham connection jarv?

GordonMac

I'm a former season ticket holder at Ibrox. This city is an embarrassment at the best of times bit even more so at Old(new) firm time.

I enjoy football and support Rangers but i have no interest in the absolute pettyminded drivval that comes from both sets of fans.

Shame that sky have put two games on I fancy watching though.
COYW.

General

I thought he was talking about Man City/ Utd - with City being the new club in the derby?... obviously the confusion is because of lack of clarity around the old firm derby being celtic and rangers.

fulhamben

Quote from: GordonMac on September 05, 2016, 03:54:26 PM
I'm a former season ticket holder at Ibrox. This city is an embarrassment at the best of times bit even more so at Old(new) firm time.

I enjoy football and support Rangers but i have no interest in the absolute pettyminded drivval that comes from both sets of fans.

Shame that sky have put two games on I fancy watching though.
lol, just seen its at the same time as the manchester derby. so i doubt anyone will watch it barring rangers and celtic fans.

fulhamben

Quote from: General on September 05, 2016, 03:56:28 PM
I thought he was talking about Man City/ Utd - with City being the new club in the derby?... obviously the confusion is because of lack of clarity around the old firm derby being celtic and rangers.
surely everyone knows what the old firm derby is?

GordonMac

Ha!

My mistake, I thought he was referencing our overhyped poo fest up north.

As for the Manchester Derby, I will watch it but only for Zlatan.
COYW.

fulhamben

Quote from: GordonMac on September 05, 2016, 04:00:35 PM
Ha!

My mistake, I thought he was referencing our overhyped poo fest up north.

As for the Manchester Derby, I will watch it but only for Zlatan.
i am, there is only one old firm derby. and i didnt realise that the games clashed till you mentioned it.

Legate21

I have a ticket to the game this weekend. A friend from work is a Celtic season ticket holder, and insisted I go up for the game.

If I were forced to choose between the two I would have choosen Rangers. Obviously I will have to keep that quiet this weekend.

Hopefully theres no trouble, just a well supported, hard fought game. We will see though.

GordonMac

Yeah it's really odd from a marketing and money grabbing stand point for Sky. I'd have thought putting one of these games on the Super Sunday would've made mote fiscal sense, it's perhaps the authorites that have declined the move.

That being said, have the Old(new) Firm game on at lunchtime on a Saturday is asking for trouble, more so than usual.

I'll be staying in and away from the city centre Saturday night anyway.
COYW.

Mince n Tatties

I hate the Rangers or whatever ever they are called now (Sevco)
It was I think, as they are in Cahoots with the Scum down
Fulham Broadway.

fulhamben

Quote from: GordonMac on September 05, 2016, 04:13:02 PM
Yeah it's really odd from a marketing and money grabbing stand point for Sky. I'd have thought putting one of these games on the Super Sunday would've made mote fiscal sense, it's perhaps the authorites that have declined the move.

That being said, have the Old(new) Firm game on at lunchtime on a Saturday is asking for trouble, more so than usual.

really,  why do you think that. I would have thought the 12pm ko off time was ideal to limit the trouble. In before pubs open and all that

H4usuallysitting

I misread the OP......And looked online to see who Derby were playing.....I got more confused when I found out theyre playing Newcastle......please, don't get old

jarv

Ben,  my connection to Fulham is easy. Age 12, moved to Southfields, went to watch Fulham and instantly becamse a Johnny Haynes fan. I returned just to watch him a few times and Fulham stuck. Don't regret one minute of supporting Fulham.
I do admit to going to Stamford Bridge 2 or 3 times but the thugs on the terraces were just as bad as in Glasgow. Greaves was with Chelsea then but apart from him, the rest were cr@p.

fulhamben

Quote from: jarv on September 05, 2016, 07:34:03 PM
Ben,  my connection to Fulham is easy. Age 12, moved to Southfields, went to watch Fulham and instantly becamse a Johnny Haynes fan. I returned just to watch him a few times and Fulham stuck. Don't regret one minute of supporting Fulham.
I do admit to going to Stamford Bridge 2 or 3 times but the thugs on the terraces were just as bad as in Glasgow. Greaves was with Chelsea then but apart from him, the rest were cr@p.
good stuff. alright for some, you remember haynes as a boy and i remember protests on the pitch. im calling you silver spoon from now on :005:

GordonMac

Quote from: fulhamben on September 05, 2016, 04:31:50 PM
Quote from: GordonMac on September 05, 2016, 04:13:02 PM

really,  why do you think that. I would have thought the 12pm ko off time was ideal to limit the trouble. In before pubs open and all that

Pubs are opening at 11, some at 10 if you know the right spots. A 12 oclock kick then a full Saturday afternoon to fill up on the goof juice then head into town... Glasgow city centre will be a pit regardless of the result. Ive been on a few nights out on old firm days and its just a horrible atmosphere in town.
COYW.

alexmur

Quote from: fulhamben on September 05, 2016, 04:00:22 PM
Quote from: General on September 05, 2016, 03:56:28 PM
surely everyone knows what the old firm derby is?
is it some type of horse race?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk