News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who are the mos talented young players we've ever had...

Started by General, September 07, 2016, 02:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

and two further questions..

Which did you like the most and where are they now?

From the likes of Kerim Frei to Elliot Omozusi to the lately departed Moussa Dembele and Emerson Hyndman and Patrick Roberts... Where did Ronnie Minkwitz go? Thiago Casasola...?

Here's an interesting article from Hammyend which may remind some people of past players...

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2016/01/fulham-academy-where-are-they-now/

cmg

Ronnie Minkwitz plays for Wohlen in the Swiss 2nd div.

Casasola is currently at Trapani, Serie B on loan from Roma.

I still think Pat Roberts was the best u16 footballer I ever saw.

Best Fulham 17 year old? Alan Mullery.

The Equalizer

Louis Saha
Steed Malbranque
Fabrice Fernandes (when he wanted to play)
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

toshes mate

Rodney Marsh was the best Fulham youth player I have ever seen, and he just kept getting better the more you watched him.  Was so annoyed when Fulham sold him after his disagreement with that goal post.   Saw him score six goals in a youth cup match at Craven Cottage every one of them a cracking shot.

gang

Quote from: toshes mate on September 07, 2016, 03:52:27 PM
Rodney Marsh was the best Fulham youth player I have ever seen, and he just kept getting better the more you watched him.  Was so annoyed when Fulham sold him after his disagreement with that goal post.   Saw him score six goals in a youth cup match at Craven Cottage every one of them a cracking shot.

Had problems with Johnny Haynes, but without doubt the best young footballer I have ever seen.

twang

Two former youngsters that I was a big fan of were Solomon Sambou and Wayne Brown.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: toshes mate on September 07, 2016, 03:52:27 PM

My old man still moans about giving Rodney away 50 years after it happened.
As a kid my grandad would take me to reserve team games and Kenny Anchampong was unbelievable, he would beat people for fun

fulhamben

Quote from: twang on September 07, 2016, 03:59:41 PM
Two former youngsters that I was a big fan of were Solomon Sambou and Wayne Brown.
i thought brown was going to be a super star. used to score a 30 yard screamer every week
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cmg

I didn't see Marsh as a junior. But I did see him make his debut. He would have been 18 then and won the game v.Villa with a blinding shot from an impossible angle.
Naturally we didn't see him again that season.
The next season he nearly ended his career when running into a goalpost while scoring the winner at Leicester. So that put paid to that season.
The next season he was our leading scorer in the top division.
The next season we sold him for peanuts.
The season after he scored 44 goals - for QPR!

No wonder some of us refuse to get too excited at more recent managerial ineptitude.

Twig

First time I saw Paul Parker I was blown away.  He had great timing and judgement into the tackle, terrific balance, pace and elegance.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: cmg on September 07, 2016, 04:18:38 PM
I didn't see Marsh as a junior. But I did see him make his debut. He would have been 18 then and won the game v.Villa with a blinding shot from an impossible angle.
The next season he nearly ended his career when running into a goalpost while scoring the winner at Leicester. So that put paid to that season.

No wonder some of us refuse to get too excited at more recent managerial ineptitude.

There was talk that he was bombed out because he got up Johnny Haynes nose but everytime Marsh is asked about Haynes he speaks with total reverence about him, he never has a bad word to say about him

filham

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 07, 2016, 04:23:35 PM

There was talk that he was bombed out because he got up Johnny Haynes nose but everytime Marsh is asked about Haynes he speaks with total reverence about him, he never has a bad word to say about him

Yes, I have noticed that. then why oh why did we let him go to QPR for such a low fee when everyone could see he was so talented.

Never understood why Achampong didn't make it , he oozed talent.

Haynes of course, head and shoulders above all others.

Roberts looked to me to be the next best thing to Haynes but we will have to see how he develops, hope he does better than Achampong.

cmg

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on September 07, 2016, 04:23:35 PM

Seems to me there is a confusion here between two 'Fulham talent squandering' stories.
I think Marsh did not get on with Buckingham (he wasn't alone there but was too junior to survive a managerial clash).
It is said that Haynes did not like Macdonald's attitude, but again, Mac has always stated that Haynes was one of the greatest players he ever played with.

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Bill2

Never saw any of the early players as youngsters, but saw Pat Roberts who send to be developing with Celtic and he reminded me of Messi.

Mince n Tatties

Rodney Marsh.

Always thought Michael Mison had it to reach the top.
What happened there.

bencher

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 07, 2016, 05:14:33 PM
Rodney Marsh.

Always thought Michael Mison had it to reach the top.
What happened there.

I can still hear my dad's groans as Michael Mison hit a shot into Row Z from about 6 yards out. Dreadful player.

General