watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how long

Started by Wearethewhites, October 01, 2016, 03:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Are we going to have to endure this idiot for?

Talks to much of a good game for me, but makes defeats harder to accept, especially when he sits there and confidently says 'We're Ready'.

Don't get me wrong, I like a manager with a bit of confidence, but he's become a bit to arrogant for me, and he's his tactical ability is starting to become very questionable.

Can't see why you take off the only player off who can hold up a ball and replace him with one that everything bounces off, and then replaces a midfielder who practically runs the show. As soon as this happened, we all knew the inevitable would happen - so, so predicable.

So, we got beaten at home again to a poor QPR side, missed 2 pens, had 12 corners, hit post/bar twice, had a shot cleared off the line, poor subs, poor tactical decisions, and the scoreline was as predictable as you could make it.

Who ever let Cairney step and take the first penalty and then Aluko the second, needs shooting as well.

Fully expect us to be in 17th place after all the other games today, and its going to be a long international break after that embarrassing and disgusting performance by what I calls as bottlers.

Steve Bruce please Mr Khan. 

RaySmith

I think Parker was injured - but when he went off we collapsed.

ChesterTheTabby

It's sad when Scott Parker is the glue holding your team together.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ScalleysDad

Quote from: maoconnor link=topic=56061.msg806235#msg806235 date=1475332

It's sad when Scott Parker is the glue holding your team together.

Better get used to him being around as I feel the dug out and technical area will be his place of work soon enough. It will be like making the same mistakes all over again but the Club seem to have that trait down to a fine art. Frankly it might be a blessing if we can get somebody else to glue the midfield together.

@jolslover

No NO no NO NO, disagree completely with this post. We played well today, Its not Jokanovics fault we missed 2 penalties? Its not Jokanovics fault we missed 2 open goals? Its not Jokanovics fault we hit the bar in the 90+3rd minute. On another day we win that 5-2

Jokanovic has no say in who takes the penalties, either.
STH H3

Fulham76

Quote from: @jolslover on October 01, 2016, 04:03:12 PM
No NO no NO NO, disagree completely with this post. We played well today, Its not Jokanovics fault we missed 2 penalties? Its not Jokanovics fault we missed 2 open goals? Its not Jokanovics fault we hit the bar in the 90+3rd minute. On another day we win that 5-2

Got to agree with this. Today wasn't the managers fault, we created plenty of chances, enough to win a couple of games.

If you want someone to blame it has to be the board/transfer people for not replacing McCormack & Dembele. They had plenty of time & knew both were going to leave, so to do nothing about it, apart from a last minute loan deal, is embarrassing.

And please tell me we're not committed to buying Martin for the reported £9m???

PokerMatt

Yes, exactly. Absolute freak result.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

The Rock

SJ is a head coach, we have no manager. He doesn't pick the players, remember?

He did enough to get the result today, and midweek. He's not perfect though, and hindsight 20/20 easy to slag him. 

I don't understand why people expect more though than mid table mediocrity. We clearly sold our 2 strikers and didn't line up a replacement. This is what you get.

I'd expect more of the same. Khan is a losing owner.

FFCFOREVER

We have been saying freak result, unlucky,need a decent striker , on another day would have buried them and so forth for too long now.Frankly the excuses are wearing thin and the results speak for themselves.Fact is we need other team members to contribute more goals if our pants strikers cant do it.Btw QPR were awful today and it is worrying we cannot beat them.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Fulham76 on October 01, 2016, 04:09:35 PM

Got to agree with this. Today wasn't the managers fault, we created plenty of chances, enough to win a couple of games.

If you want someone to blame it has to be the board/transfer people for not replacing McCormack & Dembele. They had plenty of time & knew both were going to leave, so to do nothing about it, apart from a last minute loan deal, is embarrassing.

0001.jpeg

Bill2

Sorry SJ must have the say who takes the penalties, if he doesn't who does. Can you imagine saying that about Alex Ferguson.

Bill2

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on October 01, 2016, 04:24:10 PM
We have been saying freak result, unlucky,need a decent striker , on another day would have buried them and so forth for too long now.Frankly the excuses are wearing thin and the results speak for themselves.Fact is we need other team members to contribute more goals if our pants strikers cant do it.Btw QPR were awful today and it is worrying we cannot beat them.
In my opinion what speaks for itself is the fact we cannot score in a brothel, we are making the chances but not finding the target even from the most easiest of chances. I really find it hard to believe that professional footballers can't put away some one from a pub team would score.

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: BestOfBrede on October 01, 2016, 04:24:49 PM

0001.jpeg

0001.jpeg

@jolslover

Quote from: Bill2 on October 01, 2016, 04:28:15 PM

Sorry SJ must have the say who takes the penalties, if he doesn't who does. Can you imagine saying that about Alex Ferguson.

The players decide amongst themselves.
STH H3

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 01, 2016, 03:16:54 PM

Talks to much of a good game for me, but makes defeats harder to accept, especially when he sits there and confidently says 'We're Ready'.

Don't get me wrong, I like a manager with a bit of confidence, but he's become a bit to arrogant for me, and he's his tactical ability is starting to become very questionable.

Can't see why you take off the only player off who can hold up a ball and replace him with one that everything bounces off, and then replaces a midfielder who practically runs the show. As soon as this happened, we all knew the inevitable would happen - so, so predicable.

So, we got beaten at home again to a poor QPR side, missed 2 pens, had 12 corners, hit post/bar twice, had a shot cleared off the line, poor subs, poor tactical decisions, and the scoreline was as predictable as you could make it.

Who ever let Cairney step and take the first penalty and then Aluko the second, needs shooting as well.

Fully expect us to be in 17th place after all the other games today, and its going to be a long international break after that embarrassing and disgusting performance by what I calls as bottlers.

Another manager is NOT the answer.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on October 01, 2016, 05:44:08 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on October 01, 2016, 03:16:54 PM

Another manager is NOT the answer.
Agreed that another manager isnt the answer but unfortunately I can see Khan loading his gun and shooting.Unfortunately not himself or Kline.

filham

It doesn't matter how well a team plays ,if they are not scoring goals at home they are heading in only one direction.

We lost our two top scorers in the summer , replacements were essential so who was responsible for those 14 summer signings without a goal scorer among them and did not Stats Boy point out that the crop of new signings were missing:-

1. A goalscorer
2. A target man
3. A penalty taker
4. A player that could take a decent corner kick.

@jolslover

Quote from: filham on October 01, 2016, 06:01:09 PM
It doesn't matter how well a team plays ,if they are not scoring goals at home they are heading in only one direction.

We lost our two top scorers in the summer , replacements were essential so who was responsible for those 14 summer signings without a goal scorer among them and did not Stats Boy point out that the crop of new signings were missing:-

1. A goalscorer
2. A target man
3. A penalty taker
4. A player that could take a decent corner kick.

Jozabeds got a great corner on him, As for penalties Martin has a great penalty record, As for a target man Martin has always been a target man, as for a goalscorer Martin has a great scoring record.

So we did address all of these 4 categories
What were missing however is a quick striker
STH H3

snarks

Quote from: BestOfBrede on October 01, 2016, 04:24:49 PM
I

0001.jpeg

:plus one: :plus one:

Forever Fulham

Stepped back to take some reflection time over what went down.  At first I thought, are the End Times here?  Two missed PKs in one game.  Are cats and dogs now sleeping together?  Has there been a sighting of plagues of locusts, frogs, or fires?  But I don't believe in that stuff.  Just as I can't start thinking Slava is a bad manager.  You could have any manager you want instead of him for today's game--would it have guaranteed a different result in the PKs?  No. 

Let's look at the positives, and there are positives.  Possession.  Decent scoring chances.  Should have been 5 or 6 to 1.   If we had scored that early PK opportunity, the game would have changed.  We would have still attacked, but would have done more to shut the back door. 

For years, this club couldn't muster decent scoring opportunities.  Remember how hard it used to be to get into the final third and create something, anything?  We're creating those opportunities this season.  That's a major difference.   We're just not converting our opportunities.   Sometimes, things just snowball down the hill in a game.  I'm not suggesting things are right and rosy and this was only a one off day, not to be repeated.  Finishers finish.  That's what they must do.  If they don't, you wish them well and send them on their way.  Their job is to score.  But they rarely show consistency throughout a season.  They have dry spells, hot hand spells.  You can kind of tell when a forward finds  his 'rhythm'.   

I can't remember ever watching a pro team miss two PKs in a single game, can you?  Sure, we've all seen plenty of individual games where the ball missed going in by inches a multiple number of times.   All we needed was one of them to go in, and the mentality, the lift, would have changed the players' spirits, restored confidences, and we would have destroyed QPR today. 

I'm still upset.  But my long view isn't as pessimistic.  We're creating chances.  Opportunities.  Our defense is stiffening.  I trust Slava to handle the post mortem with the players in an effective way, with an eye towards better results in the future.  Missing PKs is more mental than physical.  You're shooting fish in a barrel.   Those PK opportunities were earned.  Next time, they all go in.