more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Homophobic abuse by Fulham fans yesterday

Started by Brawn, November 27, 2016, 07:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Berserker on November 27, 2016, 10:25:35 AM
I am going to right to the club about it as yesterday the players wore rainbow laces to try to stop abuse of LGBT people in football.  There were all sorts of disgusting signs being done by me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm not anti-gay, racist etc. and don't understand the moronic shouts yesterday.
I am 'anti-idiots/bigots' who come in all colours, creeds, shapes, genders etc.

Large groups of people at football matches will always attract dickheads and I suspect this group
were not what we would call 'genuine supporters" shame if they were.

I also can't understand this Chelsea/QPR 'scum' thing and some of the facial distortion 'hating chants'
at games.
I remember being at the Leicester Cup game and even my own son was screaming like a banshee at the
Leicester fans.
I was also at the Villa cup tie and me and my daughter (sat with Villa supporters) jumped up twice....YESSSSS
The vitriol around us from mostly older people was disgraceful.

What does seem silly is that if the gay situation is now normality, why did the players wear rainbow laces.
all that did was draw attention to the 'issue' and particularly in a gay 'Mecca'
Are players that wear white laces white extremists and so on

I would however like to start a 'Heterosexual Pride Week and yearly march' as 'we' do seem to be being left behind as
the world continues to morph into a variety of tolerances and intolerances.

I was a Mod and hated Rockers.
Were they sub-humans?   (on reflection .............!)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

hopper

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on November 27, 2016, 03:39:53 PM
Quote from: Berserker on November 27, 2016, 10:25:35 AM
I am going to right to the club about it as yesterday the players wore rainbow laces to try to stop abuse of LGBT people in football.  There were all sorts of disgusting signs being done by me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm not anti-gay, racist etc. and don't understand the moronic shouts yesterday.
I am 'anti-idiots/bigots' who come in all colours, creeds, shapes, genders etc.

Large groups of people at football matches will always attract dickheads and I suspect this group
were not what we would call 'genuine supporters" shame if they were.

I also can't understand this Chelsea/QPR 'scum' thing and some of the facial distortion 'hating chants'
at games.
I remember being at the Leicester Cup game and even my own son was screaming like a banshee at the
Leicester fans.
I was also at the Villa cup tie and me and my daughter (sat with Villa supporters) jumped up twice....YESSSSS
The vitriol around us from mostly older people was disgraceful.

What does seem silly is that if the gay situation is now normality, why did the players wear rainbow laces.
all that did was draw attention to the 'issue' and particularly in a gay 'Mecca'
Are players that wear white laces white extremists and so on

I would however like to start a 'Heterosexual Pride Week and yearly march' as 'we' do seem to be being left behind as
the world continues to morph into a variety of tolerances and intolerances.

I was a Mod and hated Rockers.
Were they sub-humans?   (on reflection .............!)

Heterosexuality is not an abused minority which is the reason for these campaigns which are important for ridding of the homophobic culture in football.

It is not about leaving people out or behind but trying to close the gap in society's perceptions. Many gay people feel alienated and are abused for so much as holding hands in public. If there wasn't a problem there would be no need for rainbow laces, but the sad fact is that there still is a large prejudice.

Vinnieffc

Having spent most of my working life in the airline industry I've had many gay colleagues and friends.  Great people and to my mind their sexuality is their business.  This also applies to heterosexual friends and colleagues.  However there was alwAys a small pocket of gay 'enforcers' who really rammed the gay stuff down your throat (insert own joke here). I disliked that lot as much as the anti gay bigots. It's always a minority tainting the majority.

Fulham 442

Having spent most of my working life in the airline industry I've had many gay colleagues and friends.  Great people and to my mind their sexuality is their business.  This also applies to heterosexual friends and colleagues.  However there was alwAys a small pocket of gay 'enforcers' who really rammed the gay stuff down your throat (insert own joke here). I disliked that lot as much as the anti gay bigots. It's always a minority tainting the majority.

Good post Vinnie

Lighthouse

Quote from: Vinnieffc on November 27, 2016, 04:34:38 PM

Yes part of any minority suddenly find they have  the self proclaimed spokespeople telling them and everybody else how to behave. Which is why we have deep discussions about who should use what toilet and when while forgetting that everybody has rights and we should learn to behave correctly before being bombarded about insulting a minority and apologising for any past misdeeds.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bill taylors apprentice

I suspect the perpetrators of this vile and idiotic abuse were young ignorant types rather than hard core bigots, that's not to excuse them of course.

I've seen some young teenagers/early twenties types at games recently that have made me cringe with their ignorant, uneducated and boorish behaviour, I assume you find them at all clubs.

I'm guessing these people thought it amusing and clever in their own pathetic, childish way like the idiots that let off smoke bombs at away games recently.

Mince n Tatties

What went on is wrong but the problem will never go away,as that is all we seem to hear about nowadays is ,Gay rights..They already have rights the same as me an can get up in the morning and go about their day,I don't see any signs on shop windows or buses or trains saying no Gays.
Its brought on partly by themselves, these gay marches everywhere proclaiming their sexuality,do we go on marches blowing whistles chanting great to be straight.My niece is a lesbian she goes about her daily life just like everyone else,doesn't keep telling everyone what her preferences are.
Too much publicity about it all,they just need to get on with their lives,they are what they are,stop bkeedin telling us about it all the time.Some of them seem to want special rights for being gay.Its always been around and always will be.
Just don't keep on about it I say.
They'd be accepted by more people if they didn't..Personally I'd rather have a cup of cha and a Danish pastry.

Patrick

I was not at the game yesterday.....but from previous trips when we play Brighton.....the worst chant  that I have heard is 'Does Your Boyfriend Know You're Here'......so I am somewhat surprised by all this....but having said that....we do have about 10 to 20 knobheads who follow us away.....shame really as Brighton and their fans are great...

Williams Tale

All teams have knobheads that follow them , including Brighton , as i saw and heard at brighton station after the game .

thebumponleroyshead

The best come back I heard whilst at university at Sussex I was in the Coventry away end when Mickey Adams was manager was "you're too ugly to be gay" from Brighton when Coventry sang the boyfriend song, everyone clapped. I lived in Brighton for 5 years and have close friends who are gay who despised the gay "scene", they thought that reposte hilarious. Make of that what what you will.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Mince n Tatties

Baszab

I heard a lot of homophobic stuff shouted around where I was sitting yesterday but it was pretty moronic and pathetically trying to be funny tbh

As WG Fields famously said -

"I am completely free of any prejudice..........I hate everyone equally"

Peabody

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2016, 06:57:50 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 27, 2016, 06:18:07 PM
I blame the bleedin BBC..

Yes, a cooperation that is rotten inside and out, a loony left proganda machine, in conjunction with that stench of a Broadsheet the Guardian. A journal that the BBC spend thousands of pounds on to produce the next Livingstone or the next Abbott or the next Corbyn or the next Galloway, or the next Blair, or the next Clegg. all enemies of this country. PC at its most ugly

you forgot to mention Cameron and Osborne in your tirade. oh no they wear blue, don't they?

Mince n Tatties

Its never been the same since they changed Marathons into Snickers.

PokerMatt

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 27, 2016, 05:13:29 PM
I suspect the perpetrators of this vile and idiotic abuse were young ignorant types rather than hard core bigots, that's not to excuse them of course.

I've seen some young teenagers/early twenties types at games recently that have made me cringe with their ignorant, uneducated and boorish behaviour, I assume you find them at all clubs.

I'm guessing these people thought it amusing and clever in their own pathetic, childish way like the idiots that let off smoke bombs at away games recently.
Sadly the three or so I saw weren't actually young. Certainly older than me at 29.

The group I'm talking about were back row of s1d right in the corner right of the block as you look at the pitch.

Wasted, certainly. But young, not particularly. So just want to stamp out that assumption.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Follow me: @mattdjourno

Peabody

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2016, 07:09:25 PM
No I did not forget Cameron or Osborne as they are not enemies of this country, just wet behind the ears public school boys, that have never been hungry or lacked nothing.

So do I take it that people like me, who do not vote tory are enemies of this country?

PokerMatt

Also anyone who is more scathing towards 'the left' than they are to the outright lying, hate mongering 'right wing' likes of the mail, the sun and the express needs their head examining.

But you started it.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Peabody on November 27, 2016, 07:11:44 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2016, 07:09:25 PM
No I did not forget Cameron or Osborne as they are not enemies of this country, just wet behind the ears public school boys, that have never been hungry or lacked nothing.

So do I take it that people like me, who do not vote tory are enemies of this country?
Either that Mr P or we're 'do gooders' which has somehow become a derogatory term. I'll take that over the opposite.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: PokerMatt on November 27, 2016, 07:14:01 PM
Also anyone who is more scathing towards 'the left' than they are to the outright lying, hate mongering 'right wing' likes of the mail, the sun and the express needs their head examining.

But you started it.

That's strange you saying that as after Brexit and USA its the left fanatics that are on the streets protesting and burning things because they don't accept the Democratic vote of the people..

PokerMatt

And the far right fanatic terrorist who killed an MP in the name of nationalism had his sentence verdict buried half way down the dangerous newspaper that's partly responsible in legitimising the views  such horrendous people.

Besides, the only complaints I've seen about democracy came after it was decided that Brexit would in fact follow a democratic, parliamentary process.