more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Homophobic abuse by Fulham fans yesterday

Started by Brawn, November 27, 2016, 07:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: PokerMatt on November 27, 2016, 07:23:36 PM
And the far right fanatic terrorist who killed an MP in the name of nationalism had his sentence verdict buried half way down the dangerous newspaper that's partly responsible in legitimising the views  such horrendous people.

Besides, the only complaints I've seen about democracy came after it was decided that Brexit would in fact follow a democratic, parliamentary process.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think that lunatic is just mentally unstable don't you...Bit like Tony Blair.

PokerMatt

Mentally unstable is the description used to describe a terrorist who doesn't fit the agenda of the current enemy.

Absolutely he's a lunatic, but so is anyone who kills in the name religion, nationalism or hate.

Pray tell, where's the distinction?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Follow me: @mattdjourno

Mince n Tatties

Also Matt as far as sentences being buried last week the BBC on their main news at Six didn't mention that 8 men from Rotherham were sentenced to 96 years for abusing girls..Why in case they offend certain people..Bleeding joke.

Mince n Tatties

PokerMatt

Very amusing woolly. Give me a nod when you have something useful to offer this forum.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 27, 2016, 05:09:02 PM
" judge and ye also will be judged" Corinthians 9 verse 4.

Who, Me? Thank you very much :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Banstead White

Quote from: Statto on November 27, 2016, 07:42:26 PM
Brexit... Cameron... "The left"... This thread is getting more and more overtly political, which it always was in essence despite the context being a football match. But since the mods have left it run and it's remained at the top of the page all day, I'll give my opinion, however controversial.

Firstly, I can't speak for the people that were singing this stuff but I highly doubt they believe, as the OP says,"that all LGBT+ people support Brighton and vice versa." This wouldn't have been about abusing gay people for them. Like most football chants it's about winding up the oppo fans, another bunch of straight blokes, probably mildly homophobic themselves in the main, who'll think it an insult to be called gay. So ironically the most bigoted people in that crowd were probably the most likely to have been offended. 

Of course there was bound to have been a few gay people in the crowd on both sides and they probably felt very uncomfortable about the chanting, understandably so. And of course those chanting wouldn't have cared about that, and no, that's not very nice. But if the worst thing that happens to you on a Saturday is you hear a bunch of straight blokes shouting homophobic abuse at another group of straight blokes, you've probably not got a very bad life. We all have our cross to bear.

Does all this really justify getting people banned, arrested and (currently) a four-page thread on here? A lot of people remain at least slightly uncomfortable about homosexuality and the reality is, whether we like or not, it's their right to feel like that. To be frank, homophobia isn't comparable to racism in scale or nature so in some contexts like football a little bit of it still remains inevitable, at least for now. To quote that old Stonewall ad, "get over it".

Common sense at last  :plus one:
Roysie

Lighthouse

You don't realise just how victimised I feel when the chant goes up  "You ate all the pies". Will nobody think of the obese?

As a left wing, right wing centralist. I fear more the people who claim they are the right thinking majority and the people who claim that the opposite to their argument is wrong without being able to debate why.

Politics be damned. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

It has no place in football and I hope in future Fulham don't sing these songs when playing anyone (more likely against Brighton). I would imagine this happens every week against Brighton but that certainly doesn't make it right or funny and it's something you don't normally associated with Fulham.

I've noticed in the past few years the younger fans are quite lairy. Singing immature songs trying to be funny and missing the point of singing a fulhamish song actually being funny, more often than not mocking ourselves.

Being funny doesn't mean being nasty. Hopefully the fans who cross the line will be punished and the others will grow up and go to a game to support the club rather than just for a day out as little rebels.

I'm locking this thread as it failed to stay on subject. Don't have a clue what all the political nonsense was all about?  You know politics aren't allowed so it's best to lock this before someone goes too far.

If anyone has an issue with this including the op please feel free to pm me. I normally respond quickly but please don't start another thread. If there's a question, approach me privately please.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Logicalman

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 27, 2016, 05:46:23 PM
What went on is wrong but the problem will never go away,as that is all we seem to hear about nowadays is ,Gay rights..They already have rights the same as me an can get up in the morning and go about their day,I don't see any signs on shop windows or buses or trains saying no Gays.
Its brought on partly by themselves, these gay marches everywhere proclaiming their sexuality,do we go on marches blowing whistles chanting great to be straight.My niece is a lesbian she goes about her daily life just like everyone else,doesn't keep telling everyone what her preferences are.
Too much publicity about it all,they just need to get on with their lives,they are what they are,stop bkeedin telling us about it all the time.Some of them seem to want special rights for being gay.Its always been around and always will be.
Just don't keep on about it I say.
They'd be accepted by more people if they didn't..Personally I'd rather have a cup of cha and a Danish pastry.

Totally agree with your sentiments, though the same cannot be said regarding the 'No Gays' part here in the States. There have been a number of court cases and legislatures decisions concerning such things, and I cannot see it not becoming similar back home.
I agree that sometimes groups put themselves outside of the 'norm' by advertising their differences, and that can cause a backlash, but either way, such backlashes are really not acceptable, or wanted.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.