watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Its not the bold statement I was hoping for.

I suppose if Kebano gets a few games and impresses it will seem like a new signing and if Martin behaves himself until the end of the season we may have enough.

The most important thing is what the manager thinks of the efforts made to recruit new player  !

Lighthouse

Forest have signed Ross Mcormack on loan until the end of the season - Official
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nero

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 01, 2017, 12:25:43 AM
Forest have signed Ross Mcormack on loan until the end of the season - Official

Should make sure there relegated, we should have nipped in for assombolonga

Nero

wow Wigan signed 8 players today we managed 2 in the whole window,

Lighthouse

Forest also signed Zac Clough from Bolton - Official.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

I am going to have to have a lie down, as I have for the moment lost the will to live. Hopefully a win tomorrow night will at least launch us into an assault on a Brum team that have forgotten how to win.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 31, 2017, 08:32:07 PM
Ok - please accept apology I did not want to upset you!
But you must do what you must and if that means you will not accept my apology then so be it - there's nothing I can do, shame
Remember this, we are all sensitive and worried each window and so say our bit - this often leads the o misunderstanding and/or conflict. At the end of the day we all want what's best for the club we support.

No need to apologize, we are all mostly chattering away to faceless individuals on here(for all you know I could be a Chimpanzee rattling a load of crap) as I print this while eating a banana.
The only thing that I'm upset about is the way this club that I love is being run...No Ambition I'm afraid.

The Road Less Travelled

Whilst the window is now done, there are rumours that  Rhodes' transfer may not have completed in time.  That'd be more of a kick in the dick than any of our reported deals falling through.

Also read that his dad is a coach at Sheff Weds, which would have probably meant that even if we had gone in for him he'd likely have favoured that move anyway.

Riverside

Result

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/startseite/wettbewerb/GB2

1) Smallest squad in the Championship
BUT
2) 6th most valuable . And the 3 most valuable all came down last year and have 1st year parachute payments

We have quality but not quantity .

dhowells21

Quote from: Riverside on February 01, 2017, 12:37:11 PM
Result

BUT
2) 6th most valuable . And the 3 most valuable all came down last year and have 1st year parachute payments

Good share that, thanks.

Interesting to see further proof of Brighton, Hudds and Barnsley doing great jobs given the supposed 'resources'. Less positive about Villa & Norwich.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 01, 2017, 10:36:20 AM
for all you know I could be a Chimpanzee rattling a load of crap as I print this while eating a banana.
"Could Be"???
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

toshes mate

Quote from: Riverside on February 01, 2017, 12:37:11 PM
Result

BUT

Thanks for that.  Some really keen facts.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2017, 12:03:55 AM
No point wasting money in this window l. The derby player has sabotaged our season beyond repair

A similar idea has been floating in my head (lots of empty space there for floating) as well. Perhaps the club just don't see the 76 or so points coming for us this season or that the likelihood of it is too low to warrant a big spend in January (Elrich aside). Loans in and out in January, unless the big fish could be signed, and wait til the summer to truly reinforce the squad.

Playoffs should still be the target. I just wonder now if the club are convinced that it's going to happen.

The only thing that truly matters to me from this point forward is getting SJ to sign a new contract.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude