Bracken White

Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

The Old Count

Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 04:38:22 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on January 28, 2017, 04:29:04 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 02:38:10 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on January 28, 2017, 02:32:20 PM
Quote from: Riversider on January 28, 2017, 01:27:48 PM
Never really taken much interest or notice of Robbie Keane, couldn't tell you the last time I saw him play, but what I will say is this , there were a lot of raised eyebrows when Glasgow Rangers resigned Kenny Miller, people were concerned about his age, his fitness and his desire for the game,
Well all those doubts have been put to one side now, Kenny Miller has been outstanding for Rangers this season, easily the best player, and I understand he has already been offered another year, the reason I mention Miller is this, him and Keane are the same age, they are the same build and play in the same position with a similar style of game, in fact Miller, Keane and Defoe are all similar players and all a similar age,
If Keane can offer half of the pace and movement to Fulham that Miller offers to Rangers then it's a yes from me, he will certainly add a few to our support,
Wish we had signed him a week or so ago so that he could have taken the penalties given against QPHa and Reading.
I agree- and remember McBride was no spring chicken when he signed for us.
mcbride was something like 31 or 32 when he joine, Keane will be 37 in 6 months
Keane would be 5 years older than McBride was when he joined. Mcbride was 36 (same age as Keane is now) in his last season for us and, after his return from injury, was one of the reasons we stayed up.
he scored 4 in 17 that season. You could easily argue that the fact that we retained him as first choice striker that season is the reason we flirted with relegation in the first place. I can't believe anyone would entertain signing Keane. Might Aswell go for Bradley Wright Phillips who always out scores him in the mls. And he is a third division player at best.

Slightly surprised at your comment about McBride being the reason we flirted with relegation in 2008.  Not the case at all.

Agree though, that we should be after someone better than Keane.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: Bracken White on January 28, 2017, 04:45:28 PM
Wasn't McCormack odds on at the bookies?!
My sentiments exactly.Keane will NOT happen.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Old Count on January 28, 2017, 05:05:57 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 04:38:22 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on January 28, 2017, 04:29:04 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 02:38:10 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on January 28, 2017, 02:32:20 PM
Quote from: Riversider on January 28, 2017, 01:27:48 PM
Never really taken much interest or notice of Robbie Keane, couldn't tell you the last time I saw him play, but what I will say is this , there were a lot of raised eyebrows when Glasgow Rangers resigned Kenny Miller, people were concerned about his age, his fitness and his desire for the game,
Well all those doubts have been put to one side now, Kenny Miller has been outstanding for Rangers this season, easily the best player, and I understand he has already been offered another year, the reason I mention Miller is this, him and Keane are the same age, they are the same build and play in the same position with a similar style of game, in fact Miller, Keane and Defoe are all similar players and all a similar age,
If Keane can offer half of the pace and movement to Fulham that Miller offers to Rangers then it's a yes from me, he will certainly add a few to our support,
Wish we had signed him a week or so ago so that he could have taken the penalties given against QPHa and Reading.
I agree- and remember McBride was no spring chicken when he signed for us.
mcbride was something like 31 or 32 when he joine, Keane will be 37 in 6 months
Keane would be 5 years older than McBride was when he joined. Mcbride was 36 (same age as Keane is now) in his last season for us and, after his return from injury, was one of the reasons we stayed up.
he scored 4 in 17 that season. You could easily argue that the fact that we retained him as first choice striker that season is the reason we flirted with relegation in the first place. I can't believe anyone would entertain signing Keane. Might Aswell go for Bradley Wright Phillips who always out scores him in the mls. And he is a third division player at best.

Slightly surprised at your comment about McBride being the reason we flirted with relegation in 2008.  Not the case at all.

Agree though, that we should be after someone better than Keane.
I'm slightly suprised that you can compare one old player to another. Why not compare Keane to Sir Stanley Matthews and pretend he will win us the fa cup. And yes, for all you know, we could have signed another player if mcbride had not of stayed for the last year, who could have gone on to bag 30 goals. It always amazes me when people refer to instances like the one you mentioned with mcbride. As of we would have only played with ten men had he not have been here. We would have replaced him, and I bet my house on it that his replacement would have scored more than 4 goals all season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

LVBPTS

I'd sign him for what it's worth. Absolute poacher
and still has good movement. Age is one thing but how many would sign lampard who is older  (forgetting his chelsea links). Yes we would prefer Rhodes, assambolonga, Wells etc but if they aren't going to happen, Keane would be an upgrade on Smith, woodrow et al
Experience could easily make up for the yard or two of pace he has lost
Anyway, just my view

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

SP

f321ffc

Derby County‏ @dcfcofficial
NEW CONTRACT: Chris Martin has signed a new contract with #DCFC which will run until the summer of 2020
????????????
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

f321ffc

Quote from: f321ffc on January 28, 2017, 06:15:28 PM

Derby County‏ @dcfcofficial
NEW CONTRACT: Chris Martin has signed a new contract with #DCFC which will run until the summer of 2020
????????????

Simon Peach‏ @SimonPeach
Still on loan with Fulham. Thoroughly bizarre situation (link: ) twitter.com/dcfcofficial/s...
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

Quote from: corbs83 on January 28, 2017, 05:57:22 PM
I'd sign him for what it's worth. Absolute poacher
and still has good movement. Age is one thing but how many would sign lampard who is older  (forgetting his chelsea links). Yes we would prefer Rhodes, assambolonga, Wells etc but if they aren't going to happen, Keane would be an upgrade on Smith, woodrow et al
Experience could easily make up for the yard or two of pace he has lost
Anyway, just my view

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Good movement? seriously? he didn't show that in the MLS last season, the serious knee injury hasn't helped and age has caught him up. The injury he has had for me alone make sit a no go at his age. If we sign him it is in desperation, better of going for Adebuyour at least he is relatively fit and a couple of years younger, and I don't want him either
Every day is a Fulham day

Riversider

""He's sh*t with his left,
   He's sh*t with his right,
   That boy Chris Martin,
    Is so fuc*ing shite""

Derby obviously doing everything they can to force us to return him, hope Slavisa sticks to his guns and let's him rot in the reserves until May !
Who is playing up front tomorrow now ?

Jonaldiniho 88

Did we miss our option to buy Martin? How can he sign a new contract if there is an agreement for us to buy him!

FFCFOREVER

At least we now know what we face.Pack him off and lets move on.He obviously dont want to play for FFC.Its now time for the board to step up and we need to put this whole damn debacle behind us.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on January 28, 2017, 06:24:38 PM
Did we miss our option to buy Martin? How can he sign a new contract if there is an agreement for us to buy him!

Either that or perhaps it's his way to tell us that even if we exercise our option, he is not interested in discussing terms with us!

westcliff white

Quote from: Asotosyios on January 28, 2017, 06:38:40 PM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on January 28, 2017, 06:24:38 PM

Either that or perhaps it's his way to tell us that even if we exercise our option, he is not interested in discussing terms with us!
The story / rumour went that he had agreed terms, for a permanent deal, with us before he signed the loan deal. That is the money the agent wanted increased and the loan made permanent while he wasn't playing.

All very strange, maybe because McLaren is back he will play for them which Pearson told him he wouldn't and that's why he left for us thinking it was over there. Either way don't send him back, sign someone and don't play him.
Every day is a Fulham day

Asotosyios

f321ffc

This has got really messy now, we had the option to buy at the end of the loan but maybe there is a loophole in the contract that Derby have found, I hope that we either get the loan fee back plus a bit extra or what would be really nice would be to let him rot and gain more weight on gardening leave but money is the key, it's easy to spend someone else's money but I would hope that Khan backs Slave.
we are not a train station
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

HV71

Westcliffe Wight is spot on . Do not let McLaren or Martin win. They may well be our rivals again next season so let us see if , an already overweight striker , can stay fit and motivated playing no football for the rest of this season. We must not cancel the loan - just let him rot . He must not play for Derby again this season and let us see what state he gets himself into over the next few months

HV71

Absolutely - we are not a train station !! Khan must back his manager or we are in danger of becoming  a new name on the national rail list - Fulham Wavering

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

BestOfBrede

Keep him and during training break the stnuc legs!