fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on January 28, 2017, 11:40:41 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 11:11:11 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 28, 2017, 11:05:01 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 10:54:07 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 28, 2017, 10:36:13 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 09:58:37 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 28, 2017, 09:55:48 PM
My guess, and this is just a guess based on the sky sports quote, is we do indeed still have the option on terms pre-agreed with both the player and Derby, and therefore as Westcliff says the new contract with Derby means nothing... except what it does do is make clear the player doesn't want to play for us, and Derby and Martin will both know that even a circus like us wouldn't pay £6m to finalise a deal for a player that's made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to be here
options still have to be signed off by the two player and buying club though. The only difference with Martin is that the selling club have changed their mind, but don't have a veto

Another statement made with such confidence.

Wouldn't it seem to be an overstatement to say "the club has an option" if some other party, in this case the player, can opt out. To say 'option' in such circumstances would be just meaningless.
I'd imagine if more cases like Martins happen then the fa would look into the option. In over 30 odd years of football, I can't recall one other instance of a club who is willing to sell a player, puts them out on loan with an option and then changes their mind half way through and gives him a pay rise and tells him to come home. If as you say the option is legally binding (which it isn't) then why don't the club come out and say, martin has signed a contract and will be a fully fledged Fulham player at the end of the season once the final payment has gone through. They won't because they don't and the player like us have a veto on it
Martin could veto if he hasn't signed any type of contract / pre co treat agreeing a deal with us ta for certain. But any options are all on our side as it was stated when we loaned him.

Derby can't refuse the deal, they signed a loan deal with us saying we can buy at then end for a set fee, if we wish to take that option then they cannot refuse.

The player side is more complicated. If he hasn't signed any form of contract then he can fail to agree terms and that's that. If he has then he cannot simply say no, as he is legally bound by the terms he signed.

So all depends what wa wagered with Martin and his agent prior and what was signed, in a lot of cases with late deals the agents sign on behalf of the client, maybe his agent has made a mistake. All will come out and no,point in us poor FFC fans bickering over what's what.

All we want is the team to,play well and win, and hopefully rectify this situation asap
If Martin had of signed a pre contract then Derby wouldn't even be trying to get him back as it would be fruitless  and Fulham would have put this all to be weeks ago because we would have legality behind us. We clearly don't,  as we are where we are now. Unless you think for some reason Fulham would hide a binding contract through these turbulent times.but yes legally Derby would have to sell him to us for a pre set fee. But once again there is no legally binding contract signed by martin

Er hold on. Tapping up generally involves a player who's fully, permanently, legally, contractually committed to another club. The idea is you turn their head and get them to breach that contract or to help you get them out of it. And that is exactly what Derby have done. I see no evidence that we don't have "legality" behind us. On the contrary I can see us using exactly that "legality" to insist the player is staying here until the end of season. Beyond that our "legality" is conditional on paying £6m, and who in their right mind would pay £6m for a player who doesn't want to play for you and has refused to play? As I said all this is just us speculating but Westcliff's original theory that Martin pre-agreed terms with us in September still seems the most likely to me. Not that it really makes any bloody difference to any of this!

if that was the case, then why havent the club ever mentioned that, ever? I've seen plenty of comments saying we hope he signs for us, but not one saying he already has. And again why haven't the club put it to bed if it's the case, why did slavisa say last week that and I'll quote " I expect Martin to play for us again this Season". That doesnt even sound like he's sure he will be here next week let alone next season. Oh yes and Rigg has said he has no pre contract ( although loads will not believe me on the Rigg thing even though I'm 6 for 6 on insider info). There is absolutely no evidence to suggest we have anything other than an agreed fee in place for Martin, and lots to suggest that there is no pre contract. And I don't even know why anyone would even want one in there as it would be the quickest transfer request known in football
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on January 28, 2017, 11:52:39 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on January 28, 2017, 11:41:32 PM
Looking back at the news item on the official on his signing and Martin's player profile both only say that he is on a season long loan. There is no mention of an option.

Maybe that is the explanation for the situation.

The moral of the story is don't take a loan from one of your potential rivals?

The club has confirmed today that we have an option to buy. Spokesperson quoted on sky sports earlier
no one is disputing that. It's whether or not Martin has signed a pre contract, which he hasn't

Wearethewhites

Looking back at the news item on the official on his signing and Martin's player profile both only say that he is on a season long loan. There is no mention of an option.

Martin is on a seasons long loan deal with no break clause. There is an option to purchase the player at the end of the season, if all 3 parties agree, for the reported 6M (They won't now) Throughout the loan period, we are also paying a 3M loan fee, in instalments (we've just paid the second) plus 14k of his wages, not the reported 30K from the media early this evening. His new deal at Derby is only paying 27K a week.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on January 28, 2017, 11:59:12 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 28, 2017, 11:55:20 PM

The club has confirmed today that we have an option to buy. Spokesperson quoted on sky sports earlier
no one is disputing that. It's whether or not Martin has signed a pre contract, which he hasn't

Sorry but I was responding to Apprentice to the Maestro's comment "there is no mention of an option." The debate I was having with you has clearly run it's course as far as I'm concerned because you're just repeating yourself without saying anything new! Get some rest, early kickoff tomorrow
that's because everyone keeps mentioning the option ;) and unfortunately no rest for the insomnia

Wearethewhites

Club are just playing hardball, they will keep Martin until the summer, just to P Derby off. There is still is an option to buy, it's within the original deal, and still legit, however, the Club know that all 3 parties won't agree. Again, they'll quote it, just to P Derby off.

fulhamben

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 29, 2017, 12:02:17 AM

Club are just playing hardball, they will keep Martin until the summer, just to P Derby off. There is still is an option to buy, it's within the original deal, and still legit, however, the Club know that all 3 parties won't agree. Again, they'll quote it, just to P Derby off.
personally I think they will quote it to appease us fans. Easier to force him upon us if we think there is a chance of him joining as opposed to us knowing he doesn't want to be here and will be back at the club he loves when his prison sentence is up.

Holders

The upshot of all this is that we now need a Martin replacement as well as the additional forward we needed to complement him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Arthur

Quote from: Holders on January 29, 2017, 10:31:43 AM
The upshot of all this is that we now need a Martin replacement as well as the additional forward we needed to complement him.

Everyone on here, understandably, is assuming that Jokanovic won't play Martin now. This may not be the case. Our manager may be satisfied that Martin will endeavour to do his best between now and the end of his loan.

Let's not forget that, last January, Dembele wanted to join Spurs. Then, as now with Martin, Jokanovic blocked the player's exit from the Club. Dembele subsequently featured in almost every game until the end of the season; the fact that Moussa's future lay elsewhere was not a barrier to his being selected.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on January 29, 2017, 11:23:53 AM

Everyone on here, understandably, is assuming that Jokanovic won't play Martin now. This may not be the case. Our manager may be satisfied that Martin will endeavour to do his best between now and the end of his loan.

Let's not forget that, last January, Dembele wanted to join Spurs. Then, as now with Martin, Jokanovic blocked the player's exit from the Club. Dembele subsequently featured in almost every game until the end of the season; the fact that Moussa's future lay elsewhere was not a barrier to his being selected.
dembele never went on strike or had a vested interest in a rival finishing above us. How hard is it to see that the situations are completely different? If slavisa picks him, it proves to me that he is a weak manager who let's players walk over him

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on January 29, 2017, 11:27:43 AM

dembele never went on strike or had a vested interest in a rival finishing above us. How hard is it to see that the situations are completely different? If slavisa picks him, it proves to me that he is a weak manager who let's players walk over him

Yes Martin has made it clear by going on strike and feigning injury that he cannot be trusted. So to play him would mean we have at best a passenger and at worse a cheat. Either way any small mistake will only bring more dislike down on his head. Frankly the fans will rightly feel short changed.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Friendsoffulham

White Noise Retweeted
john garrick ‏@garrick_john  4m4 minutes ago
More
@1966MJG @WhiteNoise1879 @StephenGarrick1 according to Chelsea match stream  Fulham on verge of £12 million signing from Chelsea COYW

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 29, 2017, 11:37:39 AM
White Noise Retweeted
More
@1966MJG @WhiteNoise1879 @StephenGarrick1 according to Chelsea match stream  Fulham on verge of £12 million signing from Chelsea COYW
Did not know Chelsea had a player worth £12m 
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

keithh

fulhamben

gang

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on January 29, 2017, 11:48:15 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 29, 2017, 11:37:39 AM
White Noise Retweeted
More
Did not know Chelsea had a player worth £12m 

Arthur

I have speculated that Jokanovic will still select Martin. Your response acknowledges that this may happen.

There are differences (which you point out), but the fact that you haven't been able to pour cold water on the chances of Martin playing again shows that the the two situations clearly are not completely different.

fulhamben

Quote from: Arthur on January 29, 2017, 11:52:47 AM

I have speculated that Jokanovic will still select Martin. Your response acknowledges that this may happen.

There are differences (which you point out), but the fact that you haven't been able to pour cold water on the chances of Martin playing again shows that the the two situations clearly are not completely different.

I can't poor cold water on it because we have a weak manager

Arthur

Quote from: fulhamben on January 29, 2017, 11:55:49 AM
I can't poor cold water on it because we have a weak manager

The easier option, in my opinion, would be to 'play to the crowd' and not select Martin. I would argue that it takes more courage for Slavisa to put him in the starting XI today.

kempkong

Another 10+ million signing we don't have a great history with these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk