more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Quote from: MaidenheadMick on January 31, 2017, 12:24:05 PM
Looks like Scott Hogan is off to Villa. 10m fee agreed. Can't see them going for Rhodes as well with Kodjia returning soon from the AFCON. Could we see Rhodes heading to London?

Haven't you heard "all roads lead to London"
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

bencher

Aston Villa seem to have become some sort of striker graveyard. Everyone they sign ends up useless. It happened to Darren Bent. It happened to Ross. It happened to Gestede. Kodjia has done ok but not justified his price tag. Benteke would be the notable exception. Let's see how Hogan fares there...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on January 31, 2017, 12:11:53 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 31, 2017, 12:00:12 PM
Quote from: Ordar on January 31, 2017, 11:58:46 AM
How are Villa affording all these signings? Didnt they spend loads in the summer aswell??

They appear to have an ambitious Chairman.
At least ours will not bankrupt us. If Villa don´t go up they will have a huge embargo & be saddled with a load of high paid players. Rather our position than theirs.

That is one of the reasons why Aston Villa will be back in the Premier League with all the financial rewards, long before Fulham are.
We are pussy cats under Khan.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

How are Villa affording all these signings? Didnt they spend loads in the summer aswell??

At least ours will not bankrupt us. If Villa don´t go up they will have a huge embargo & be saddled with a load of high paid players. Rather our position than theirs.
They wont get an embargo as the rules ar enow books over a 3 year period, and also the parachute payments are larger now
Every day is a Fulham day

Ordar

So Villa spent around 28m on Ross and Kodija and now are spending 15m on Hogan. Thats insane.

And thats not including all the other players they bought for 5-8m.

Did they have any major sales? Just buying McCormack got us a transfer embargo in our first season in the championship.

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

I've never seen this Sergi Enrich play, but 10m Euros on a striker with 6 goals in 21 games in la liga is a huge gamble for me. I'd rather we landed Rhodes for similar money.

Im guessing his hold up play is exceptional and he brings others in? Be good to hear from someone who has actually watched him consistently and not just from a youtube clip. Same goes for Cyriac, Marcus Maddison, Fred Onyedinma etc. Matt Smith could look like a Premier league calibre striker from YouTube clips

JoelH5

Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on January 31, 2017, 12:54:06 PM
I've never seen this Sergi Enrich play, but 10m Euros on a striker with 6 goals in 21 games in la liga is a huge gamble for me. I'd rather we landed Rhodes for similar money.

Im guessing his hold up play is exceptional and he brings others in? Be good to hear from someone who has actually watched him consistently and not just from a youtube clip. Same goes for Cyriac, Marcus Maddison, Fred Onyedinma etc. Matt Smith could look like a Premier league calibre striker from YouTube clips

He's 77 on Fifa 17 so that'll do for me ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

rusty shackleford

He's also had a sex tape (featuring Antonio Valencia) leak online. Sounds like an interesting guy!

westcliff white

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 31, 2017, 01:00:04 PM
Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on January 31, 2017, 12:54:06 PM

He's 77 on Fifa 17 so that'll do for me ;)
Fifa rankings are terrible, Football manager is closer to actuality. I htink that is a systme simialr to what Sky use

Woolly Mammoth

Enrich is Mustard. If Fulham are successful in bringing him in, this will a major coo.

Never forget your Roots.

Keynsham

Mince n Tatties

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on January 31, 2017, 01:09:03 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on January 31, 2017, 12:35:47 PM

They wont get an embargo as the rules ar enow books over a 3 year period, and also the parachute payments are larger now

We're still getting  parachute payments, maybe not as large as theirs but then their wage bill is likely about £50m higher than ours right now. Besst explanation I can think of is they've accrued some "credit" by spending less than the premiership rules permit last couple of years 
Quite possibly have acrued some credit. The payments reduce every year I believe, ours htis year is relatively small compared to villas.

Anyway am hoping we see some incomings from early afternoon

beijing ben

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 31, 2017, 01:03:34 PM
He's also had a sex tape (featuring Antonio Valencia) leak online. Sounds like an interesting guy!

Antonio Luna (Tony Moon)...

Slaphead in Qatar

Then he must be good at scoring. Just what we need.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: beijing ben on January 31, 2017, 01:14:47 PM

Antonio Luna (Tony Moon)...

My apologies to Tony Valencia

Mince n Tatties

Sunderland offer 7.5 mill for Ulloa,we can match that come on.