watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Transfer Thread for January 2017

Started by f321ffc, December 16, 2016, 01:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillbelieve

Is it right we put a bid in for  Enrich @ £3.5mil in August , obviously been keeping tabs on him

Ordar

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/january/31/smith-departs

Smith Departs

Tuesday 31 January 2017 14:00

The Club can confirm that Matt Smith has joined Queens Park Rangers on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.

The striker joined Fulham on the final day of the 2014 summer transfer window, and he has gone on to score nine times in 53 appearances. He netted the winner in each of our opening two matches of the current season.

We would like to thank Matt for his efforts during his time at the Club, and wish him all the best for the future

howitis

all these "rumours" seem to suggest that talks are at an initial stage. No fee agreed, personal terms yet to be agreed. When and where does the medical take place ?  If Enrich was in London or we had reps in Spain i could see this happening but this has all the hallmarks or previous transfer windows "too little too late". Would love to be proved wrong but perhaps we are more likely to sign British based players.

Lighthouse

Not convinced we are really trying to sign overseas players on the last day of the window. When it all goes wrong Fulham will say that they just ran out of time leaving us with a very thin squad. When frankly the intention was never really there in the first place.

Although we will have to bring in somebody to sit on the bench while the forward who doesn't want to be here tries not to get injured.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Milo

Just seen an Enrich YouTube clip video... Almost entirely headed goals? Didn't we just get rid of Matt Smith?

Arthur

Quote from: westcliff white on January 31, 2017, 01:58:30 PM
Guilleme Balague the sky sports spanish expert has tweeted re us and Enrich, apparently we are willing to pay most of the 10 million eiros release clause

'Most'?

In that case, his Club can step in and refuse to sell him.

The whole point of a release clause, as we all know, is that, as the potential suitor, once you meet the fee, the player's current club have no further say in whether he departs; it's simply the choice of the player.

But therein lies our difficulty: Accrington Stanley's CEO could fly to Spain with 10 million euros in a suitcase for Enrich's club and Stanley would be as entitled to sign the player as we are. But the player would, of course, still prefer to remain where he is.

Will Enrich want to sign for us?

Ordar

So we're down to 1 striker. And he wants to be at Derby.

Lots of work to do Fulham....

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 31, 2017, 02:27:03 PM
Not convinced we are really trying to sign overseas players on the last day of the window. When it all goes wrong Fulham will say that they just ran out of time leaving us with a very thin squad. When frankly the intention was never really there in the first place.

Although we will have to bring in somebody to sit on the bench while the forward who doesn't want to be here tries not to get injured.
my fears exactly. Even if we are planing on making a decent signing, it's a dangerous game reducing your squad to just one striker this close to deadline. Absolutely anything could go wrong and talks break down
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Ordar

Who's this Preston bloke we're being linked with? I confess I've never heard of him....

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: Arthur on January 31, 2017, 02:30:04 PM
Guilleme Balague the sky sports spanish expert has tweeted re us and Enrich, apparently we are willing to pay most of the 10 million eiros release clause

'Most'?

The whole point of a release clause, as we all know, is that, as the potential suitor, once you meet the fee, the player's current club have no further say in whether he departs; it's simply the choice of the player.

But therein lies our difficulty: Accrington Stanley's CEO could fly to Spain with 10 million euros in a suitcase for Enrich's club and Stanley would be as entitled to sign the player as we are. But the player would, of course, still prefer to remain where he is.

The release clause is what they have to sell him for, maybe they'd be ok to take £6million as well.  Why pay more if we can get him for less?  Just to say we spent big?  Maybe he really wants the move - Eibar are a TINY club, and he can put pressure on the club to sell for less.

There's no harm in trying to pay less if you can also pay the full price and will do if it comes down to it.

Southdowns White

Will the last striker please turn the lights out on your way out, It may be a long time before there's another one to turn them back on again.

FulhamStu

It's ok, according to the website, Aluko, Ayite and Piazon are all strikers.

Ordar

Anyone sent a tweet to Sarah Brookes or Tony Khan? Surely they can give us some kind of update

Ordar

BREAKING NEWS

Sky Sources: Sunderland's third bid of £7.5m plus add-ons for Leonardo Ulloa has been rejected by Leicester.

We understand that's Sunderland's third and final offer

I'm not sure Ulloa is worth that much....

Bracken White

Still crazy, in my book, that he we are down to the last day and scrambling around for a new striker - having offloaded all the others bar one, in one way or the other. Appalling planning by any counts.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Jamie88

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on January 31, 2017, 02:35:41 PM
Quote from: Arthur on January 31, 2017, 02:30:04 PM

'Most'?

The release clause is what they have to sell him for, maybe they'd be ok to take £6million as well.  Why pay more if we can get him for less?  Just to say we spent big?  Maybe he really wants the move - Eibar are a TINY club, and he can put pressure on the club to sell for less.

There's no harm in trying to pay less if you can also pay the full price and will do if it comes down to it.

Maybe because there is only a few hours left in the window? Or would you prefer that the club haggle over a relatively small amount that could end up with us signing Robbie Keane?

Arthur

Quote from: The Road Less Travelled on January 31, 2017, 02:35:41 PM

True, but we've 8 hours of the window to reel him in, not 8 days.

Until we either meet the release clause or agree a fee with Eibar, we can't begin negotiating with the player. Spending time at this late stage in a game of bluff with his club over what we're prepared to pay does not seem like a tactic that will serve us well, in my opinion.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Bracken White on January 31, 2017, 02:43:59 PM
Still crazy, in my book, that he we are down to the last day and scrambling around for a new striker - having offloaded all the others bar one, in one way or the other. Appalling planning by any counts.

What do you expect when the lunatic's are running the asylum.

The Road Less Travelled

If we can get him for £6million rather than £10million is that not money well saved?  Especially if we can then use that on other players.

Yes we're in the last day, but there are a good few hours left and if they don't take the smaller amount then we can go back with an hour or two left in the window with the release fee amount and they can't stop us.  Without it they could turn around and say no even if we offered £100million that late.

As for not negotiating with a player before a fee is agreed, that almost never really happens these days.  We can speak to the agent and the agent can speak to the player so those demands could be very well known at this point.

If we don't bring in a decent forward I'll be more than happy to come back to this and be furious, but there's still time.

Lighthouse

Glenn Murray loan move to Brighton has been made permanent.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope