Main Menu

Press conference updates

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, January 13, 2017, 01:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

Quote from: Chutney on January 13, 2017, 02:12:34 PM
Quote from: filham on January 13, 2017, 01:50:01 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on January 13, 2017, 01:45:37 PM
"We have no injuries so everyone is available for the game. Kalas is fit, Parker and Madl are fit."

"Chris Martin is fit. He is available and we hope he will score goals." - "He is ready for tomorrow's game and all of us expect he can be an important player for us."
Surely Martin is not being considered, surprised if he is allowed entry to the training ground car park let alone the Cottage.

Exactly this, he should be sent on gardening leave and forgotten about.

Trust the manager.

westcliff white

"We have no injuries so everyone is available for the game. Kalas is fit, Parker and Madl are fit."

"Chris Martin is fit. He is available and we hope he will score goals." - "He is ready for tomorrow's game and all of us expect he can be an important player for us."
Surely Martin is not being considered, surprised if he is allowed entry to the training ground car park let alone the Cottage.

Maybe he has to the club, manager and players. Maybe he only then needs to apologise to us fans, and that may happen on FFCTV or somewhere who knows
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

Quote from: westcliff white on January 13, 2017, 02:16:51 PM

Maybe he has to the club, manager and players. Maybe he only then needs to apologise to us fans, and that may happen on FFCTV or somewhere who knows

It would get a lot of people back on side and we can all move on, I don't understand why he hasn't done so already. I doubt anyone would still hold a grudge if he holds his hands up and apologises, then we can get on with reaching the play offs!
C O Y W

twang

Quote from: J.Perkins on January 13, 2017, 02:09:54 PM
If Jokanovic trusts that he's in the right mind to play, so do I.

Seconded. Jokanovic would never let him play if he wasn't sure his head is in the right place. And we as fans gain nothing by getting on Martin's back, as him playing well is vital for us. At least until we sign some decent competition for him.

FulhamStu

Honestly, most footballers are mercenaries advised by greedy agents, I think Martin has very thick skin, he has tried it on after having a carrot dangled by McClaren and Jokanovic has called his bluf.  If he plays, this is a huge win for our manager and if Martin scores, everyone should sing Slavas name.

This looked like a no win situation, however if Martin now sees out his loan, we can send him back then rubbish his attitude.  In the interest of our team and club, the best that can now happen is to play him unless we can get someone better...which still should be a priority.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on January 13, 2017, 02:02:48 PM
Quote from: snarks on January 13, 2017, 02:00:06 PM
If he plays and scores and the team wins, I will be delighted. However if he kisses the badge I will shout at him to "go away in short jerky movements"
he's more likely to miss an open goal from 5 yards, then turn around and rip off his Fulham top to reveal a Derby tattoo that covers his whole body, than he is to kiss our badge

Going along to boo him then Ben? keeping your favourite striker on the bench yet again? thought not  :005:

cookieg

AnEssexFan

Get West London have just published a report via twitter stating Jokanovic as saying bygones are bygones, that everything is resolved in the dressing room and that he hopes the fans will support the team tomorrow. He also repeated that he wants the club to sign Martin permanently.
@leightonrw07

General

Quote from: fulhamben on January 13, 2017, 01:57:11 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on January 13, 2017, 01:54:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 13, 2017, 01:53:31 PM
Quote from: cmg on January 13, 2017, 01:47:12 PM

...and they all lived happily ever after.
except the Fulham fans, who will now have a striker on the pitch who's motives could be to help his team derby reach the playoffs

Ben, with respect, even by your standards thats a "grassy knoll" too far
Why, we now he is unprofessional and wants to go back to Derby. How could you ever trust him again after what he has done. One can only presume that Khan won't release money to replace him as no other club in the world would ever consider playing him after what he did

How could you ever trust him again? simple - if he turns up and for the rest of the seasons scores the goals that take us to the playoff finals.

Holders

Quote from: westcliff white on January 13, 2017, 02:10:43 PM
As I have said before, us fans are emotional and we all feel he let us down, the manager and club cannot afford to be emotional. They have to make decisions on what is best for the team, if that is him playing then we need to back SJ by backing the player. Following on from Bens remark I would hope that after seeing Derby go out an sign someone after saying we will bring you back that he wants to prove a point to them, so the opposite of what you say.

Time will tell, when those players cross the white line I will be backing them all 100% no booing no slagging off just being a fan who wants his team to win an important game

Totally agree, WW.

If he plays it'll be interesting so see how his team-mates relate to him.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: AnEssexFan on January 13, 2017, 02:42:25 PM
Get West London have just published a report via twitter stating Jokanovic as saying bygones are bygones, that everything is resolved in the dressing room and that he hopes the fans will support the team tomorrow. He also repeated that he wants the club to sign Martin permanently.

Here's the link
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-loanee-chris-martin-available-12450761

Horsfield_No9

Well done Slav for staying strong on this one. This trend of players striking needs to stop otherwise what is a contract worth?

On the flipside I'm happy to forgive Martin as long as he gives 100% when playing. All footballers are fickle as are we as fans. Ross did the same but everyone loved him again a few weeks later, why should Martin be treated differently from Ross? Same situation in fact worse from Ross as he was on a long contract and getting paid handsomely.

We won't get a better striker in this window so I'm behind Martin if he's playing for us.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

nose

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on January 13, 2017, 02:54:20 PM

Here's the link
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-loanee-chris-martin-available-12450761

to quote the dearly departed, Do I not like this
The whole episode is unfotunate and if Joca is being obliged to stick with a want away player, and that is certainly the way it appears, then that sends a very uneasy chill up and down the spine.
Martin's club are in direct competiton with us, how will that work for him? where will be his loyalty when it really comes down to it?
Would be better to get in somebody better and get rid of him asap, IMO

westcliff white

Yes wants him to sign still.

But then Rigg said he was going back January whatever, I think that's right. Ben can you confirm that
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on January 13, 2017, 03:07:24 PM
Yes wants him to sign still.

But then Rigg said he was going back January whatever, I think that's right. Ben can you confirm that
yes he did, but that was news from about two weeks prior to xmas day. and also rigg not here anymore. so who knows now. i didnt think slavisa would want martin anywhere near the team, so i have no inside knowledge or opinion of this matter anymore. just have to watch this one unfold
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dgnffc

Quote from: Chutney on January 13, 2017, 02:11:52 PM
Surely Martin should at the very least apologise? Is he seriously just going to act like he's done nothing wrong? Its disgusting behaviour

Not necessarily. If he wants to persist with the fiction (?) that he was injured and therefore unavailable, but he's now declaring himself fit and available, what does he need to apologise for?

It may be in Fulham's best interests to swallow this and move on providing he performs to his best ability.

Riversider

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Fulham haven't wavered on the Chris Martin situation, Slavisa Jokanovic stated on day one that Chris Martin wouldn't be going back to Derby and he isn't,
At no point has he or anybody else stated that Chris Martin wouldn't play for Fulham again !
There are a lot of fickle football fans and some will no doubt boo when his name gets read out tomorrow, it's 100% guaranteed that those same fickle few will stand and cheer along with the rest of us if he scores ,
Personally I hope he scores tomorrow and against QPHa next week, and I'll tell you what, he's got balls of steel if he steps up to take a penalty,
We all want to see a win so let's get behind ALL the team !
COYSW
049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

fulhamben

Quote from: Riversider on January 13, 2017, 03:36:15 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Fulham haven't wavered on the Chris Martin situation, Slavisa Jokanovic stated on day one that Chris Martin wouldn't be going back to Derby and he isn't,
At no point has he or anybody else stated that Chris Martin wouldn't play for Fulham again !
There are a lot of fickle football fans and some will no doubt boo when his name gets read out tomorrow, it's 100% guaranteed that those same fickle few will stand and cheer along with the rest of us if he scores ,
Personally I hope he scores tomorrow and against QPHa next week, and I'll tell you what, he's got balls of steel if he steps up to take a penalty,
We all want to see a win so let's get behind ALL the team !
COYSW
049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

slavisa himself said he wasnt sure if he would ever play for us again, but said he wouldnt go back to derby.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Horsfield_No9

Slav today on Martin. Seems he still sees him as being a long term player with us.

"Chris Martin is fit too.  He is available and we expect that he is going to start scoring the goals.

"It's good news for us, he's been working with us, he's available and he is focused on Fulham and he is an important part of my team.

"All of us believe that in the future he is going to go up in value and be an important player for us in this competition and in the future too.

"We have resolved this situation inside the dressing room and he's committed 100 % with us, we believe in him, the team believes in him too and I expect the supporters are going to help us, like they have always done this season and as I have experienced as Fulham coach."
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Fulham1959

"and also rigg not here anymore"

Have I missed something ?