https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Press conference updates

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, January 13, 2017, 01:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 13, 2017, 06:47:57 PM
Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on January 13, 2017, 05:20:05 PM
I'm assuming it isn't just a coincidence that the Wally with the Brolly has stated publicly that it's all his fault.
Has he?
Good if true as that was my feeling and thought the FL should step in and have words!
Where did you see this, please?

I read a quote from him  that was attributed to an article in Thursday's Telegraph but can't find ! where I read it. Sorry for the delay in answering your post Brede!

Tonywa

Quote from: Oakeshott on January 13, 2017, 11:27:22 PM
"It's currently on at Stratford (go, it's top notch)"

Then transfers to the Barbican, for where I've tickets for 5 July.

With the superb Simon Russell Beale as Prospero. Unmissable.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 13, 2017, 11:45:24 PM
In the mid-72's I went on a course at the Playboy Club for promotion to management.
So, what you are saying is SJ took Martin to the Playboy club?
Wow, now there's an exclusive!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

toshes mate

Judging by a lot of comments on here a lot of people haven't had managerial experience and know
how to deal with, manipulate, mollycoddle, pander too etc to get the best out of a person to do what
is required to get the performance required, assuming they are worth bothering about in the first place.
Chris Martin is and we don't know the whole story.

A very profound piece of commentary and advice.  When I see SJ doing his job it makes me realise why he is so good at it and I wouldn't stand a chance.

Carborundum

Quote from: Tonywa on January 14, 2017, 10:59:32 AM

He was truly superb, as indeed was the fellow playing Ariel. 

A penny dropped when I realised that it takes me 90 minutes to get to the Barbican and two hours to drive to Stratford.  The theatre there has been transformed in recent years and it's an amazing venue now.

Tonywa

Quote from: Carborundum on January 14, 2017, 12:51:24 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on January 14, 2017, 10:59:32 AM

He was truly superb, as indeed was the fellow playing Ariel. 

A penny dropped when I realised that it takes me 90 minutes to get to the Barbican and two hours to drive to Stratford.  The theatre there has been transformed in recent years and it's an amazing venue now.

Go to Stratford once every season with friends.  Hate the journey across London to the Barbican anyway.

Asotosyios

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on January 14, 2017, 10:56:21 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 13, 2017, 06:47:57 PM
Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on January 13, 2017, 05:20:05 PM
I'm assuming it isn't just a coincidence that the Wally with the Brolly has stated publicly that it's all his fault.
Has he?
Good if true as that was my feeling and thought the FL should step in and have words!
Where did you see this, please?

I read a quote from him  that was attributed to an article in Thursday's Telegraph but can't find ! where I read it. Sorry for the delay in answering your post Brede!

I think you mean this: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/don-t-blame-chris-martin-for-fulham-tug-of-war-says-derby-county-boss-steve-mcclaren/story-30053969-detail/story.html

Holders

Quote from: toshes mate on January 14, 2017, 11:21:56 AM
Judging by a lot of comments on here a lot of people haven't had managerial experience and know
how to deal with, manipulate, mollycoddle, pander too etc to get the best out of a person to do what
is required to get the performance required, assuming they are worth bothering about in the first place.

A very profound piece of commentary and advice.  When I see SJ doing his job it makes me realise why he is so good at it and I wouldn't stand a chance.

You are right and it shouldn't be undermined by anyone booing a Fulham player - certainly when no-one this side of the keyboard knows the facts.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhamben

Quote from: Holders on January 14, 2017, 01:32:26 PM

You are right and it shouldn't be undermined by anyone booing a Fulham player - certainly when no-one this side of the keyboard knows the facts.
you might not know the facts, but everyone else does
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on January 14, 2017, 01:40:00 PM

So, enlighten me. All I've heard is hearsay and allusion.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: fulhamben on January 14, 2017, 01:40:00 PM

Please enlighten me.
Reading through the lines SJ got everyone into the dressing room, perhaps over a cup of tea and scones.
and they all discussed the situation and agreed that Chris stays, he's a jolly good chap
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.