Quote from: fulhamben on January 13, 2017, 03:50:17 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 13, 2017, 03:47:52 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on January 13, 2017, 03:44:04 PM
"and also rigg not here anymore"

Have I missed something ?
Clearly
quite a bit i would say

OK you clever lot.

When did whatever happened, happen ?  A link would also be helpful.

Maybe I'm just getting senile (69th birthday today).

here it is mate   http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/december/23/rigg-departs

My thanks.  Christmas must have got in my way !

Lighthouse

'Martin going nowhere' was what I replied when it was first suggested that Martin wanted out. Long before all this became public. Good luck to Martin and the team. No doubt fans will be on his back when he makes a mistake or misses a chance that others do. But as already mentioned. The villain and cheat is the Derby manager who came out today and publicly said it was his fault. In which case he should be fined by the authorities.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EastEndWhite

I'll go with SJ's suggestion and get behind the whole team tomorrow, including Martin if he plays.  There's nothing to be gained by getting on his back, especially as we don't know the whole story.  I'd rather have him in the team than pay his wages so that he could sit out the rest of the season.

Carborundum

Brilliant news.

What a high quality manager SJ is proving to be.  Conspired against, treated badly, stood  firm, prevailed and shows forgiveness all in the space of two weeks.

Four hundred years ago Shakespeare wrote the Tempest about a leader who went through that cycle.  It's currently on at Stratford (go, it's top notch).  Saw it recently and can see parallels between the play and this episode.  There's even a mercurial sprite who gets released from his servitude at the end.  Cheerio Jozebed.

VicHalomsLovechild

I'm assuming it isn't just a coincidence that the Wally with the Brolly has stated publicly that it's all his fault.

Neil D

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on January 13, 2017, 05:20:05 PM
I'm assuming it isn't just a coincidence that the Wally with the Brolly has stated publicly that it's all his fault.
Someone has lent on him - maybe the threat of action for tapping up - and Martin has been told to knuckle down and see out his contract.  Good resolution, all told.  I'm glad he's available again.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Neil D on January 13, 2017, 06:00:27 PM
Someone has lent on him - maybe the threat of action for tapping up - and Martin has been told to knuckle down and see out his contract.  Good resolution, all told.  I'm glad he's available again.

I can confirm it was that late night phone call I made yesterday. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

b+w geezer

Quote from: Carborundum on January 13, 2017, 05:01:27 PM
What a high quality manager SJ is proving to be.  Conspired against, treated badly, stood  firm, prevailed and shows forgiveness all in the space of two weeks.
Yes, that really has all occurred. Quite something. And given that he and the club do seem to have 'prevailed' what qualifies any of us to know better and decide we won't consider forgiving?
Saw it recently and can see parallels between the play and this episode.  There's even a mercurial sprite who gets released from his servitude at the end.  Cheerio Jozebed.
Both those character parallels work! Brilliant stuff.

BestOfBrede

Has he?
Good if true as that was my feeling and thought the FL should step in and have words!
Where did you see this, please?

ToodlesMcToot

Especially happy for Slavisa that he's gotten this worked out. Also happy that Mr. Khan and those charged with running the club chose to back their man in all of this.

Now can we get that extra striker and defender lined up and in the door please so we can get Slavisa's long term deal sorted?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

Quote from: filham on January 13, 2017, 01:50:01 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on January 13, 2017, 01:45:37 PM
"We have no injuries so everyone is available for the game. Kalas is fit, Parker and Madl are fit."

"Chris Martin is fit. He is available and we hope he will score goals." - "He is ready for tomorrow's game and all of us expect he can be an important player for us."
Surely Martin is not being considered, surprised if he is allowed entry to the training ground car park let alone the Cottage.

It's almost as if Joka thought that winning matches was more important than stamping his foot and pouting!  :doh:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BestOfBrede

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 13, 2017, 06:47:57 PM
Has he?
Good if true as that was my feeling and thought the FL should step in and have words!
Where did you see this, please?
If you read this and didn't reply...
Hmm same old stuff spouted on here then...
Read the Sun or Mirror, or just cant let us know where this info came from?
If you haven't read this...
Then I respectfully apologise!

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on January 13, 2017, 02:54:20 PM
Quote from: AnEssexFan on January 13, 2017, 02:42:25 PM
Get West London have just published a report via twitter stating Jokanovic as saying bygones are bygones, that everything is resolved in the dressing room and that he hopes the fans will support the team tomorrow. He also repeated that he wants the club to sign Martin permanently.

Here's the link
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-loanee-chris-martin-available-12450761

Best of brede already posted the link

HV71

Brilliant news.

Four hundred years ago Shakespeare wrote the Tempest about a leader who went through that cycle.  It's currently on at Stratford (go, it's top notch).  Saw it recently and can see parallels between the play and this episode.  There's even a mercurial sprite who gets released from his servitude at the end.  Cheerio Jozebed.

I am almost speechless  really don't want to sound pretentious but this is the most eloquent and truly fantastic posts I have ever read. A brilliant summary and evaluation of the situation .

BestOfBrede

Thanks J and sincere apologies VicHalom
I thought from day 1 of this saga that the red faced lobster was the culprit, attempting g to derail our recovery, but had not seen his apology...
Still think we should report him to the authorities and hope he gets a big fine!

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 13, 2017, 01:57:11 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on January 13, 2017, 01:54:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 13, 2017, 01:53:31 PM
Quote from: cmg on January 13, 2017, 01:47:12 PM

...and they all lived happily ever after.
except the Fulham fans, who will now have a striker on the pitch who's motives could be to help his team derby reach the playoffs

Ben, with respect, even by your standards thats a "grassy knoll" too far
Why, we now he is unprofessional and wants to go back to Derby. How could you ever trust him again after what he has done. One can only presume that Khan won't release money to replace him as no other club in the world would ever consider playing him after what he did
We trust train drivers when they go on strike, and they have our lives in their hands
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffc73

As a Southern rail season ticket holder I do not trust the train drivers. The on board supervisors. The executives at GTR. Anybody at Aslef or the RMT. Or the government &/or DfT. They all have their own agenda's that mess with me

All I want them to do is their job. Keep me happy. Same goes for Martin

That's my agenda

Oakeshott

"It's currently on at Stratford (go, it's top notch)"

Then transfers to the Barbican, for where I've tickets for 5 July.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Judging by a lot of comments on here a lot of people haven't had managerial experience and know
how to deal with, manipulate, mollycoddle, pander too etc to get the best out of a person to do what
is required to get the performance required, assuming they are worth bothering about in the first place.
Chris Martin is and we don't know the whole story.

In the mid-72's I went on a course at the Playboy Club for promotion to management called
"HOOKING THE ADULT"
It was a way of turning an upset gambler (who was throwing his toys out of his pram) into discussing
the situation in an adult fashion to arrive at a mutual agreement for both parties and for the bigger picture.

This I am sure is what has happened, if so a Brilliant piece of Man-Management by SJ and his background team.
Let's give it a chance.

If he plays, which I'm sure he will, I won't be BOOING FROM HOME
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES