watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sergi Enrich - What the hell went on?

Started by Wearethewhites, February 08, 2017, 01:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

It reminds me of a series of films that were made many years ago highlighting similiar incompetence, inefficiency and negligence in an American Police Force, they called it " The Keystone Cops ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: nose on February 09, 2017, 11:37:24 AM
Quote from: Statto on February 08, 2017, 06:23:31 PM
Teflon is an accountant. So he sees the cost of us paying £10m up front rather than in installments, which is what, maybe £1m in interest spread over the next few years? And he balances that against the risk of not signing the player (or an alternate option) until next August or January, which to him doesn't mean very much.

Unfortunately this cock-up will probably be what stops us going up this year, meaning we miss out on another £150m of premiership revenue. And Jokanovic will probably walk, meaning we don't go up next year either, costing another £150m. Add that to the various cock-ups that condemned us to this division for the last two seasons, and this man's idiocy has probably cost Fulham Football Club a sum approaching £1 billion.

As I said before, how he's not been sacked I will never understand.

I think you have summed that up rather well. When I say something along the same lines of questioning how is it that somebody in such a senior position that has serially failed remains in place, it often attracts much disquiet.

I do wonder how Mr Khan has allowed such poor performance to go on for so long.

Both of you have summed up my feelings on this.
Shahid Kahn's problem is that he is just not very good at managing professional sports operations.  The evidence is there to see on both sides of the Atlantic.
At Fulham the reasons why are fairly obvious.  He delegates - but to the wrong people.  He has his son and his son's friend from university in positions of influence.  Nepotism at its worst and almost always leading to an inept system of management. 
He seeks advice - again from the wrong people.  He has a weak yes man as his chief adviser (Ali Mac of course) who has shown himself to be woefully inept at picking managers, managing managers and dealing with transfers.  He has been demoted only to bounce back when his stronger opponents move on.
Those who have worked in the corporate world have all dealt with people like that.  They are a malevolent influence in the heart of an organisation.  Untrustworthy, always smiling, always stabbing behind your back.  Political in the nastiest sense of the word.  The only good thing I can say about him is that at least he provides a degree of continuity.  But that is not working when he is back with such strong influence on team matters.
Unfortunately, I too believe that Joka will walk.  It's what he does when he comes up against this type of situation, this type of management.
Nogood "hope springs infernal, see" Boyo 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 09, 2017, 12:53:38 PM
Quote from: nose on February 09, 2017, 11:37:24 AM
Quote from: Statto on February 08, 2017, 06:23:31 PM
Teflon is an accountant. So he sees the cost of us paying £10m up front rather than in installments, which is what, maybe £1m in interest spread over the next few years? And he balances that against the risk of not signing the player (or an alternate option) until next August or January, which to him doesn't mean very much.

Unfortunately this cock-up will probably be what stops us going up this year, meaning we miss out on another £150m of premiership revenue. And Jokanovic will probably walk, meaning we don't go up next year either, costing another £150m. Add that to the various cock-ups that condemned us to this division for the last two seasons, and this man's idiocy has probably cost Fulham Football Club a sum approaching £1 billion.

As I said before, how he's not been sacked I will never understand.

I think you have summed that up rather well. When I say something along the same lines of questioning how is it that somebody in such a senior position that has serially failed remains in place, it often attracts much disquiet.

I do wonder how Mr Khan has allowed such poor performance to go on for so long.

Both of you have summed up my feelings on this.
Tony Kahn's problem is that he is just not very good at managing professional sports operations.  The evidence is there to see on both sides of the Atlantic.
At Fulham the reasons why are fairly obvious.  He delegates - but to the wrong people.  He has his son and his son's friend from university in positions of influence.  Nepotism at its worst and almost always leading to an inept system of management. 
He seeks advice - again from the wrong people.  He has a weak yes man as his chief adviser (Ali Mac of course) who has shown himself to be woefully inept at picking managers, managing managers and dealing with transfers.  He has been demoted only to bounce back when his stronger opponents move on.
Those who have worked in the corporate world have all dealt with people like that.  They are a malevolent influence in the heart of an organisation.  Untrustworthy, always smiling, always stabbing behind your back.  Political in the nastiest sense of the word.  The only good thing I can say about him is that at least he provides a degree of continuity.  But that is not working when he is back with such strong influence on team matters.
Unfortunately, I too believe that Joka will walk.  It's what he does when he comes up against this type of situation, this type of management.
Nogood "hope springs infernal, see" Boyo 

and i agree with all three of you, and that in itself is an endorsement of Biblical Proportions.

Never forget your Roots.

NogoodBoyo

"and i agree with all three of you, and that in itself is an endorsement of Biblical Proportions"

I'm oft amazed that there aren't more Ali Mac threads running around here.  Too painful or too opaque? 
In short, black as bibles as Dylan Thomas would say.
Nogood "up to no good, see" Boyo

Woolly Mammoth

There appears to be more Mackintosh threads surfacing when it's raining.

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 09, 2017, 04:10:27 PM
"and i agree with all three of you, and that in itself is an endorsement of Biblical Proportions"

I'm oft amazed that there aren't more Ali Mac threads running around here.  Too painful or too opaque? 
In short, black as bibles as Dylan Thomas would say.
Nogood "up to no good, see" Boyo

I used to start or join in with such threads but it tended to bring down the wrath of wrath on my head from posters that never see nay long term bad being done.   I also started getting an automatic message saying I am not allowed to repeat myself which is as a result of an algorithm in the web site.

And also with joca we play good football so i am less unhappy, until of course this last transfer window when my outrage was reignited. and as a result of my righteous indignation and frustration that some people continue to defend the indefensible I had at least one thread removed (I am not complaining just what happened I can be a bit hysterical, I know that).

But really the issue with the CEO is hard to understand, no business can allow such serial failure to go quite so unexplained or dealt with.  It does seem to me he is in the end responsible for completely avoidable errors recurring.

river phoenix

Quote from: toshes mate on February 09, 2017, 07:42:45 AM
Quote from: river phoenix on February 08, 2017, 05:40:15 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on February 08, 2017, 02:08:58 PM
I have been told what is thought to have gone on in pieced together detail.  I will not share what I have been told because it would not be fair on my source, my little bird, who does not want what she knows to be in the public domain to protect her reputation.  Okay, she wasn't actually in the room, but she is smart enough to find out and put pieces together from witnesses who were, and build up a picture of what probably happened like the good 'detective and information gatherer' I know her to be.  Fulham were not smart, in my opinion, and it isn't the first time in the past few transfer windows.   If players do not want to come here that is fine and unavoidable but that doesn't appear to be the case with this particular transfer.   And there didn't seem to be a definite plan B which is even more revealing.

Does a little bird knows something about Joka`s new contract?

Jokanovic is not an amateur game player.  He is yet to make up his mind what he wants to do - I suspect Fuilham is a bit of a love/hate relationship which are often the hardest to walk away from.   I have a strange feeling that promotion may be the end of the challenge that is irking him on.   I think he'll stay unless and until his value is really high among the clubs he really covets.

Thanks.

I also think Joka stays. Fulham is, imo, a great challenge for him. Nice and traditional club, a fine place to live in, a good team which (with a couple more adequate additions in the summer) can have a real go for automatic promotion next season... He`s marked his stamp on this team, especially in style of play which is the most entertaining since Roy so I believe there are more pros than cons for him to stay at Fulham.

Beamer

Lets get the stats man to run the numbers on Ali Mac and see where he stands.

Milo

On a side note, anyone know what the atmosphere is like with Einrich now? Does he refuse to play? Just get on with it..? Etc etc

nose

Quote from: river phoenix on February 09, 2017, 07:05:28 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on February 09, 2017, 07:42:45 AM
Quote from: river phoenix on February 08, 2017, 05:40:15 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on February 08, 2017, 02:08:58 PM
I have been told what is thought to have gone on in pieced together detail.  I will not share what I have been told because it would not be fair on my source, my little bird, who does not want what she knows to be in the public domain to protect her reputation.  Okay, she wasn't actually in the room, but she is smart enough to find out and put pieces together from witnesses who were, and build up a picture of what probably happened like the good 'detective and information gatherer' I know her to be.  Fulham were not smart, in my opinion, and it isn't the first time in the past few transfer windows.   If players do not want to come here that is fine and unavoidable but that doesn't appear to be the case with this particular transfer.   And there didn't seem to be a definite plan B which is even more revealing.

Does a little bird knows something about Joka`s new contract?

Jokanovic is not an amateur game player.  He is yet to make up his mind what he wants to do - I suspect Fuilham is a bit of a love/hate relationship which are often the hardest to walk away from.   I have a strange feeling that promotion may be the end of the challenge that is irking him on.   I think he'll stay unless and until his value is really high among the clubs he really covets.

Thanks.

I also think Joka stays. Fulham is, imo, a great challenge for him. Nice and traditional club, a fine place to live in, a good team which (with a couple more adequate additions in the summer) can have a real go for automatic promotion next season... He`s marked his stamp on this team, especially in style of play which is the most entertaining since Roy so I believe there are more pros than cons for him to stay at Fulham.

You may be correct but I think he will want a water tight guarantee he can properly strengthen next season. And that pre supposes we keep the key three men in cairney, johansen and macdonald. It is them that are really making the team hum. That and four top class full backs (for this division anyway).

However my instinct is that if a more established team comes knocking he will go. Not because he doesn't like it here, who couldn't? But because he is not properly supported and as such we fail to fulfil our potential.

ffc2004

Quote from: Milo on February 10, 2017, 12:01:13 PM
On a side note, anyone know what the atmosphere is like with Einrich now? Does he refuse to play? Just get on with it..? Etc etc

Signed a new deal with Eibar

The Road Less Travelled

Quote from: ffc2004 on February 10, 2017, 12:45:14 PM

Sounds like Eibar's equivalent of McCormack for us.  Hopefully with the same sort of outcome in the summer.

toshes mate

Couple of points:

a) to nose: wouldn't disagree with your perception that he may take up an offer from an English club if it was a good one but I don't think he would trust any guarantee that came out of owner's mouth as he is far too savvy for that.
b) to ffc2004: Einrich already had a new contract with Eibar on the table when Fulham's negotiations started is what I understood to be the situation.  Whether that was latterly amended in some way is another matter however.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: ffc2004 on February 10, 2017, 12:45:14 PM

with a bumped up buyout clause as well, I'd wager.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Hoppus

We was Linked to Ole Selnes this summer:
http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/fulham-had-e10m-plus-bid-rejected-for-ole-selnaes/

He and St Etienne is playing Man Utd tonight, if anyone want to see him in action.

gang

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 08, 2017, 06:24:52 PM
Sorry to repeat myself. But as Fulham repeat themselves on transfer window deadline day as often as I do. I wonder, do the club really want to buy a player or are they just going through the motions on the last day in the vague hope that something may happen.

This is Fulhams' way of keeping fans quiet. I remember back in the 60's when Jimmy Greaves wanted to come back to England from Italy we put in a written bid of £50,000, the Italians just laughed and sold him to Spurs for £99,999

cmg

Quote from: gang on February 16, 2017, 04:49:30 PM

This is Fulhams' way of keeping fans quiet. I remember back in the 60's when Jimmy Greaves wanted to come back to England from Italy we put in a written bid of £50,000, the Italians just laughed and sold him to Spurs for £99,999

Never heard that one. Sounds like a typical Tommy Trinder joke (i.e not all that funny) seeing as Chelsea sold him for £80k and would have paid more than that to get him back.

Haynes/Greaves was a sublime combination. By my reckoning they played together 22 times [England and England u23] which produced 30 goals (Greaves 22, Haynes 8).

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cmg on February 16, 2017, 05:05:59 PM
Quote from: gang on February 16, 2017, 04:49:30 PM

Never heard that one. Sounds like a typical Tommy Trinder joke (i.e not all that funny) seeing as Chelsea sold him for £80k and would have paid more than that to get him back.

Haynes/Greaves was a sublime combination. By my reckoning they played together 22 times [England and England u23] which produced 30 goals (Greaves 22, Haynes 8).

and Bobby Smith was the third player in that superb inside forward trio.

Never forget your Roots.