watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sergi Enrich - What the hell went on?

Started by Wearethewhites, February 08, 2017, 01:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

By all accounts, player was 'seduced' to move to Fulham, a 10M Euro price tag was put on the table, better wages, all parties were happy, yet in the last witching hours, Teflon decided to change the goalposts, and asked for the 10M Euros to be paid in instalments. Eibar kopped the hump, and then turned around asking that Enrich pay the clause himself, which lead to tax issues, causing the deal to the collapse. 

Why do we always leave it so bloody late?

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-seduced-move-fulham-wanted-pay-installments/

nose

this one falls into the we do not really know the truth category and so as not t upset anyone....  all we can see is that if the rports are somewhere in the region of accutrate it fits a pattern of not managing transfers all that well especially in the cold of winter. we got mitrog despite being obviously unfit, he had been unfit before he arrived for ages so whatever our medical team found or didn't was bound to be extremely high risk, ruiz and his late paperwork and generally russian roulette nature of doing business so late it is likely not to happen.

i don't know the rights and wrongs of this case, but it certainly is just another mess up if true. what is IMO worse, we should have got him signed well before judgement day, no need to wait. There are those that say january transfers are difficult and have  to take time, but they are wrong. It would be easier and safer to get on with it earlier. russian roulette with the clubs future is what I have said often and in reality that is what our senior management have done this season during this window.

westcliff white

The article doesn't say we tried to change late on just we offered instalments, who is to say they didn't accept instalments and then try to change the whole payment?

Either way we left it late very late, i am still tyring to figure out why we do that if we have targets, I know their must be reason as and i know most deals are done in thelast 2 days )think that was a stat someone posted) but it doesn't make sense.
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

It looks like a classic case of Ali Macintosh syndrome. We left the deal until deadline day despite needing a striker since the summer.
C O Y W

cmg

We wanted the player.
The player wanted to come.
Eidar didn't want him to go.
So they threw in the tax issue which delayed the deal past the time limit.

Most transfer fees worlwide are paid in installments.

Why didn't we move earlier? Dunno. Maybe Elrich wasn't our first choice. Maybe the negotiations were protracted. Incompetent penpushers is another possibility. Who knows?

ToodlesMcToot

I am disappointed we did not get the player also. But, paying a transfer fee in installments is not all that unusual is it? And it's certainly not insulting.

My take is Sergi's club knew they would eventually lose him with that buyout clause in place but, rather than negotiate a new deal with him, they rode that contract as long as they could. And when someone (us) came calling, they pitched a fit and made an effort to complicate the deal as much as possible to buy time to renegotiate with the player.

We could have offered the 10 million up front and I'd still wager the outcome would have been the same.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

AlexW132

I don't think Enrich really wanted to come, I think he was using our interest to get a higher salary

H4usuallysitting

I blame snide martin.....wouldn't it have been wiser to elbow snide out & get an alternative in early January - or is my thinking to simples

toshes mate

I have been told what is thought to have gone on in pieced together detail.  I will not share what I have been told because it would not be fair on my source, my little bird, who does not want what she knows to be in the public domain to protect her reputation.  Okay, she wasn't actually in the room, but she is smart enough to find out and put pieces together from witnesses who were, and build up a picture of what probably happened like the good 'detective and information gatherer' I know her to be.  Fulham were not smart, in my opinion, and it isn't the first time in the past few transfer windows.   If players do not want to come here that is fine and unavoidable but that doesn't appear to be the case with this particular transfer.   And there didn't seem to be a definite plan B which is even more revealing.

toshes mate

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 08, 2017, 02:04:55 PM
I blame snide martin.....wouldn't it have been wiser to elbow snide out & get an alternative in early January - or is my thinking to simples

I think not returning Martin to Derby was the overall intention.

filham

Quote from: AlexW132 on February 08, 2017, 01:58:39 PM
I don't think Enrich really wanted to come, I think he was using our interest to get a higher salary
[/quote

Wouldn't be the first time that has happened to us.

AlexW132

Quote from: filham on February 08, 2017, 05:15:51 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on February 08, 2017, 01:58:39 PM

Wouldn't be the first time that has happened to us.
*cough* Dunk *cough*

river phoenix

Quote from: toshes mate on February 08, 2017, 02:08:58 PM
I have been told what is thought to have gone on in pieced together detail.  I will not share what I have been told because it would not be fair on my source, my little bird, who does not want what she knows to be in the public domain to protect her reputation.  Okay, she wasn't actually in the room, but she is smart enough to find out and put pieces together from witnesses who were, and build up a picture of what probably happened like the good 'detective and information gatherer' I know her to be.  Fulham were not smart, in my opinion, and it isn't the first time in the past few transfer windows.   If players do not want to come here that is fine and unavoidable but that doesn't appear to be the case with this particular transfer.   And there didn't seem to be a definite plan B which is even more revealing.

Does a little bird knows something about Joka`s new contract?

Lighthouse

Sorry to repeat myself. But as Fulham repeat themselves on transfer window deadline day as often as I do. I wonder, do the club really want to buy a player or are they just going through the motions on the last day in the vague hope that something may happen.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Forever Fulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 08, 2017, 01:42:46 PM
I am disappointed we did not get the player also. But, paying a transfer fee in installments is not all that unusual is it? And it's certainly not insulting.

My take is Sergi's club knew they would eventually lose him with that buyout clause in place but, rather than negotiate a new deal with him, they rode that contract as long as they could. And when someone (us) came calling, they pitched a fit and made an effort to complicate the deal as much as possible to buy time to renegotiate with the player.

We could have offered the 10 million up front and I'd still wager the outcome would have been the same.
That sounds right to me.  But we'll never know for sure now.  We should have dropped the installment payments demand and agreed to pay all up front to test their mettle.  Then we'd know for sure.  If adding him meant a much greater likelihood of garnering enough points for promotion, then we were penny foolish in the grand scheme of things.

toshes mate

Quote from: river phoenix on February 08, 2017, 05:40:15 PM

Jokanovic is not an amateur game player.  He is yet to make up his mind what he wants to do - I suspect Fuilham is a bit of a love/hate relationship which are often the hardest to walk away from.   I have a strange feeling that promotion may be the end of the challenge that is irking him on.   I think he'll stay unless and until his value is really high among the clubs he really covets.

westcliff white

Quote from: toshes mate on February 09, 2017, 07:42:45 AM

Jokanovic is not an amateur game player.  He is yet to make up his mind what he wants to do - I suspect Fuilham is a bit of a love/hate relationship which are often the hardest to walk away from.   I have a strange feeling that promotion may be the end of the challenge that is irking him on.   I think he'll stay unless and until his value is really high among the clubs he really covets.
So your birdy knows nothing about his contrcat situation then?

I have a mate who works for Fulham he shares bits and pieces with me, I never divulge on the board what he has told me as I think it is not wise too. For me if you divulge you should name wher eyou got the info from as otherwise (in the past) people always start to find it annoying and give it my sisters ex boyfriends brothers mate works here or there treatment. Just a few words of warning TM, you dont need ot heed them but tyring to be helpful.

toshes mate

Quote from: westcliff white on February 09, 2017, 08:18:01 AM

I have a mate who works for Fulham he shares bits and pieces with me, I never divulge on the board what he has told me as I think it is not wise too. For me if you divulge you should name wher eyou got the info from as otherwise (in the past) people always start to find it annoying and give it my sisters ex boyfriends brothers mate works here or there treatment. Just a few words of warning TM, you dont need ot heed them but tyring to be helpful.

Thank you for the warning, westcliff white.  It is appreciated in the context it is given.  I protect my source in a manner that is approved by that source and as I have already stated it is a relationship that goes back a very long time.  We have worked together and share several common interests outside football and that part of our relationship is more important to us than anything else.   There are always doubters and it is right there should be.   

westcliff white

Quote from: toshes mate on February 09, 2017, 08:41:06 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on February 09, 2017, 08:18:01 AM

Thank you for the warning, westcliff white.  It is appreciated in the context it is given.  I protect my source in a manner that is approved by that source and as I have already stated it is a relationship that goes back a very long time.  We have worked together and share several common interests outside football and that part of our relationship is more important to us than anything else.   There are always doubters and it is right there should be.   
I agree with your comments, just wanted to make you aware

nose

Quote from: Statto on February 08, 2017, 06:23:31 PM
Teflon is an accountant. So he sees the cost of us paying £10m up front rather than in installments, which is what, maybe £1m in interest spread over the next few years? And he balances that against the risk of not signing the player (or an alternate option) until next August or January, which to him doesn't mean very much.

Unfortunately this cock-up will probably be what stops us going up this year, meaning we miss out on another £150m of premiership revenue. And Jokanovic will probably walk, meaning we don't go up next year either, costing another £150m. Add that to the various cock-ups that condemned us to this division for the last two seasons, and this man's idiocy has probably cost Fulham Football Club a sum approaching £1 billion.

As I said before, how he's not been sacked I will never understand.

I think you have summed that up rather well. When I say something along the same lines of questioning how is it that somebody in such a senior position that has serially failed remains in place, it often attracts much disquiet.

I do wonder how Mr Khan has allowed such poor performance to go on for so long.