https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thinking about holiday's

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 16, 2017, 12:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Where is everyone off to this year?

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

and a little later in the year Minorca.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 16, 2017, 12:34:06 AM
Sardinia
North or south? Or in the middle? (Is there anything in the middle?)

Holders

I've always fancied Sardinia but I have a new puppy so we're going to Scilly this year so I don't get tempted to over-walk him.

Two weeks in Austria next year. Lovely country.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

davew

Spain in March, France in July and Spain in December.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MaidenheadMick

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 16, 2017, 09:38:14 AM
Sardinia

It's very diverse..... South is more built up....middle is mainly farm..... North best beaches.....the food is superb

Holders

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 16, 2017, 10:39:23 AM
Quote from: Whitesideup on February 16, 2017, 09:38:14 AM
Sardinia

It's very diverse..... South is more built up....middle is mainly farm..... North best beaches.....the food is superb

No mountains or countryside?

ffc2004

The Equalizer

Quote from: Holders on February 16, 2017, 09:54:17 AM

Two weeks in Austria next year. Lovely country.

Agreed. About 5 years ago I was toying with the idea of moving to Zell Am See. Lovely little town on a stunning mountain lake. Winters for skiing, summers for sailing and golf, and plenty of schnapps and grostl to go around up at Schnapps Hans' bar on the top of the Schmittenhöhe.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MJG

Italy for Honeymoon

Venice then onto Florence and then the Almafi coast for 5 days in September

Riversider

I'm very lucky this year, Orlando last month, Australia in May, Canada in September and then hopefully a couple of days Ashes cricket at the WACA (or the new stadium ) in December .
Anybody else going to Oz for The Ashes ?

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MJG on February 16, 2017, 01:11:57 PM
Italy for Honeymoon

Venice then onto Florence and then the Almafi coast for 5 days in September

MJG - if you're not already decided and budgets can fit, I can without hesitation recommend Hotel Ai Cavalieri in Venice and Hotel Brunelleschi in Florence.   Both historically interesting and luxurious buildings in quiet parts of those cities yet close to the main attractions.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Holders

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Sardinia

I remember going there in the early 90's. Me and the girlfriend rented a L hand drive Fiat Punto and drove from the North Airport to where we were staying in the south. Using an old map, we drove all the way along the coast and not knowing where we were really going, it took us 5 hours, with some scary coastal hairpins along the way. A few weeks later, as we were getting ready to leave, I showed a local barman the route we were going to take and he laughed before he showed us an updated map of the one we had , which showed a main highway running right up the middle of the Island. Before the days of internet, we had no idea, used that route and were at the airport in double quick time.

I remember there being then, a statue of Gianfranco Zola somewhere near Cagliari, and the amazing thin crust pizza, you could almost snap it in the middle. Was a lovely place, but I didnt really appreciate it then.

As for holidays, after living abroad for 12 years, we are quite enjoying the UK. We have a caravan on the beautiful East Sussex countryside near the coast, where we have BBQ's, go fishing , play golf, and relax. An hour to get there, & stress free getting home. No intention of going abroad again for at least 5 more years.