watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is It Too Quiet?

Started by TheInsider, August 31, 2010, 02:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheInsider

There has not been much activity on our front. Does this seem too quiet to you or is that just me?

Especially as we realistically need 3 players (CM, LB and CF).

TonyGilroy

It's quiet for everyone.

I don't think we "need" anyone albeit extra quality would always be welcome.

It's actually bizarre that with a 3 month window clubs should be rushing to do deals in the last few hours. Perhaps most have now learned that.

Huge

If it wasnt for the last minute nothing would get done, well thats what i live by anyway
The Dude abides

Lighthouse

You can hear the wind in the trees and the birds have stopped singing. There seems every likelyhood nothing will happen. But Konk has still either to go to Pool or stay here. So if he goes will we have the Pool kid? Will Guddodson come or not? Will we just end up saying at least we didn't lose anybody.

I too was hoping a central midfielder and a forward would come. But QPR are looking at Hulse of Derby which means EJ will not be leaving on loan which means we wont be seeing a forward. Or does it?

Three and a half hours. Still waiting for them to come over the pass. I bet they will be over the hill if they do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

Surplus Premier League players will be loaned out to the Championship or below from Wednesday onwards.

We don't have to be in a hurry to ship out the guys who won't make the squad. 

RidgeRider

In most industries, the hockey stick effect is the rule. If you wait till the very end, and leave open the chance the seller will get nothing, and you are a buyer, you will usually pay less. No different in football with transfer fees and wage concessions/increases......unless of course you are in a multiple bidding situation, and you are the seller, you will likely get more, so you wait the buyers out till you know the best offer.

aFFCn_Fan

It's just like Christmas eve innit? You know all year what date Chrimbo is. You see things during the year and think "the missus would like that" or "That'd be a great gift for little Robbie" and what happens...you have to do it all in a rush on Christmas eve...unless you're organised enough to use Amazon. That's what the Premier League needs...an online retailer.   
@hincharoo

Mike

By my reckoning 12 have left the club and 7 have joined so far in this transer window; so that is quite a lot of change in an organisation that is all about teamwork. It is adding quality that we need.
1879 a good year for football

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on August 31, 2010, 02:50:26 PM
It's just like Christmas eve innit? You know all year what date Chrimbo is. You see things during the year and think "the missus would like that" or "That'd be a great gift for little Robbie" and what happens...you have to do it all in a rush on Christmas eve...unless you're organised enough to use Amazon. That's what the Premier League needs...an online retailer.   
What a quality description of the transfer window  :Sparkyticus:

sipwell

We - if I may - signed a Belgian. More than enough for this transfer window :D
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

clintclintdeuce

Got a sneaky feeling its not over yet... maybe that Drenthe will come
The Dude abides.