more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Flapula

Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 09:13:52 AM

No, but everybody else did. We still only scraped playoffs, which was our minimum aim. We can't expect pretty much the same starting squad to do a whole lot better.
[/quote]

We finished the season before ONE PLACE above relegation, yet you describe us as "only scraping the playoffs" - brilliant!

In that context anyone who didn't see last season as anything other than successful needs to think hard. Sense of perspective mate...

Anyway, really happy Adeniran didn't go. Certainly has pedigree and potential, plus like what i've seen when he's played so would like to think he has a better chance to develop here than Everton.

Feeling a bit miffed at the moment  that we didn't keep hold of Aluko as he was an exciting player and a grafter - or at least replace him someone with proven quality in this league like FF or Jota - but overall an astute window and happy to give the guys like Ojo / Mollo / Graham a chance. Hopefully one of them steps into Sone's boots (just not his shooting ones!).

Chutney

Quote from: Count Flapula on September 01, 2017, 09:34:37 AM

No, but everybody else did. We still only scraped playoffs, which was our minimum aim. We can't expect pretty much the same starting squad to do a whole lot better.

We finished the season before ONE PLACE above relegation, yet you describe us as "only scraping the playoffs" - brilliant!

In that context anyone who didn't see last season as anything other than successful needs to think hard. Sense of perspective mate...

Anyway, really happy Adeniran didn't go. Certainly has pedigree and potential, plus like what i've seen when he's played so would like to think he has a better chance to develop here than Everton.

Feeling a bit miffed at the moment  that we didn't keep hold of Aluko as he was an exciting player and a grafter - or at least replace him someone with proven quality in this league like FF or Jota - but overall an astute window and happy to give the guys like Ojo / Mollo / Graham a chance. Hopefully one of them steps into Sone's boots (just not his shooting ones!).
[/quote]

I only stated that as our minimum expectation because of the owners claims and promises of promotion.
C O Y W

rweller86

@rweller

Marcel_Gecov

rweller86

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 01, 2017, 10:09:15 AM
Quote from: rweller86 on September 01, 2017, 10:02:33 AM
Adeniran confirmed to Everton :(

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/september/01/adeniran-departs

Good luck Dennis!

If the window closed at 11pm, how come Everton have completed this now?
Paperwork was done in time - this was reported last night. Guess they can confirm in the morning. Some transfers were announced in the early hours such as Drinkwater.
@rweller

Chutney

we've made a tidy profit this summer, how many other clubs can claim that?
C O Y W

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: rweller86 on September 01, 2017, 10:10:05 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 01, 2017, 10:09:15 AM

Good luck Dennis!

If the window closed at 11pm, how come Everton have completed this now?
Paperwork was done in time - this was reported last night. Guess they can confirm in the morning. Some transfers were announced in the early hours such as Drinkwater.

Just in time to get my hopes that he was staying...  :dft004:

I'm pleased we have kept Edun however and out of the two I guess he'd have been the one id want to keep.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Tabby on September 01, 2017, 10:18:02 AM
Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 10:11:08 AM

We haven't made a profit though.

We arent far away. I hope the plan is to see where we are in Jan and if promotion is looking likely spend the rest to push us over the line.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 09:46:36 AM
Quote from: Count Flapula on September 01, 2017, 09:34:37 AM

I only stated that as our minimum expectation because of the owners claims and promises of promotion.
[/quote]

I don't think anyone realistically thought we'd make the play offs last year, most of us were worried of relegation after selling Dembele and McCormack. Last year has to go down as a resounding success, even though we fell at the penultimate hurdle.

This year however, I would be expecting us to make the play offs and to do better once we get there. I feel that fatigue was an issue last year, so having a bigger squad (as we do), should help us.

So it would be Fulhamish for us to get relegated...

Count Flapula

Good luck Dennis!

Had to go and open my big fat mouth about being pleased we'd kept Adeniran didn't i?!

B*gger - hope at least we got a decent fee for him and not peanuts. Another one of our promising youth players gone... All the best to him though.

Roberty

Maybe we needed to make a tidy profit so that we could pay the wages?

We have rewarded some of the squad with new contracts and I think we can presume that they had in increase in their remuneration.

Some of the players brought in (purchases & loans) to replace those that left were higher quality and again I suspect that they're receiving a thicker wad than those they replaced.

I also presume our two Chelsea loanees have cost us more this season - since there we also rewarded with (forced to sign) new contracts before they were allowed back

I believe we have less "dead wood" than we did last year and I hope that the Ipswich result is not just a flash in the pan but an indication that our dominant style will be rewarded with a place in the PL this season.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Riverside

Good luck Dennis!

I think he held out on a new contract ( am I correct )

I fear the "fee" would have been MD2 s level when he went to Celtic .

I am more disappointed by this than Aluko but understand we probably has less choice .

At least we have the Sess's and Edun contracted .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Riverside on September 01, 2017, 10:47:37 AM

Good luck Dennis!

I am more disappointed by this than Aluko but understand we probably has less choice .

What was MD2's fee? 500k? I imagine itll be a bit higher but probably not hugely.

Roberty

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 01, 2017, 10:53:42 AM

What was MD2's fee? 500k? I imagine itll be a bit higher but probably not hugely.

The MD2 fee was so low because he went to a none English club - even though they would like to be accepted to play in the Premier League Celtic is considered to be as foreign as PSG or Real Madrid

Between English clubs - if there is no agreement it will go to a tribunal who would access his value - since we have agreed a fee we can presume it was more that would have been awarded and I would hope there were some sell on clauses in it
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

One Martin Thomas

Good luck Dennis!

Wish him no harm, but he's nothing to me now. Can't even be bothered to remember his name.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Riverside on September 01, 2017, 10:47:37 AM

Good luck Dennis!

It seems Everton have chased him and he's decided to cash in with a 4 year contract.

I'm assuming FFC couldn't/wouldn't match it.

Maybe with Edun and other youngsters coming through we felt we had enough potential in the pipeline?

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Riverside

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 01, 2017, 11:48:09 AM

Good luck Dennis!

Don't forget your tweezers to take the splinters out of your backside from the bench

He'll be loaned out to Celtic or Rangers ....

Logicalman

Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 10:11:08 AM

That can be a good thing, I agree, but I would rather have had a small loss and got in the players we needed, rather than looking towards January. But that's the way it goes, and it's all good.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

jayffc

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2017, 08:01:47 AM
Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 07:59:25 AM
Quote from: snarks on September 01, 2017, 07:55:24 AM
Yes I am disappointed, mainly because of selling Aluko and then being linked with Jota, Foresteri and Gayle and getting none of them, but if Graham and Ojo do the job then in all honesty it's not been a bad window at all. I was underwhelmed with Kebano, Aiyete and Martin last year and look what happened.

"I was underwhelmed with Kebano, Aiyete and Martin last year and look what happened." - We scraped our minimum aim of reaching the playoffs. Largely down to our manager getting the players performing out of their skin.
hmm maybe it's you that needs committing by the men in white coats and not Ross barkley. You think Martin played out of his skin?

Not sure I agree....The reason we did so well was that a team with lots of new additions worked out how they were supposed to play after a tough start together and came good as the season progressed. In theory, they no longer need to gel in the same way and know the system so why shouldn't they be able to continue playing teams off the park...Add to that that there is also now more (on paper) quality competition for places...bar potentially at CB and RB where it's stayed the same...and I'm feeling positive.

We have brought in some top prospects which have largely been hugely praised by their previous clubs supporters who will push and compete for places. The only iffy one appeared to be Djalo and even he played well the two times I've seen him.

In terms of 1st teamers - Soares, if he brings his form over and lives up to the hype, is seemingly a superior player to Malone. Fonte is more mobile and rated at a higher level than Chris Martin and seems determined to be a success and to really want to play for the team.

So really it's only Aluko that you could say is a miss....but with his notorious lack of finishing ability and with the fact we now have a plethora of hotly tipped pacey wingers....why shouldn't we believe we have a good shot at doing better than last year?
It might not turn out that way and that's football but on paper, we still look one of the strongest teams in the league.