watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwian

Jayffc-agree with what you say, let's give these new players time to show what they can do.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

westcliff white

6.5/10 window nothing to excite, we needed in my opinion an 8.5/10 or more window to push for the top 2. Hopefully the squad surprise as they did last season
Every day is a Fulham day

MarryatsChild

I agree and, of course, there is nothing else we can do as supporters but to encourage the revised squad to deliver our hopes and dreams.

In reality we do have a good team still and to hope to be surprised is a little downbeat. We should expect to succeed with our fine team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beamer

Still a bit confused why we need quite so many wingers. I seem to remember that we have said in the past that we would look to sign players who would improve on the players we already have,or words to that effect. Whether that has happened this time only time will tell but we certainly can't be accused of having thrown money about.

Chutney

We have assembled a squad that will have to play out of its skin to make the play offs, the only man that can make that happen is Jokanovic, its just a shame we didn't show a bit more ambition and back him to compete for automatic promotion.

C O Y W

snarks

Yes I am disappointed, mainly because of selling Aluko and then being linked with Jota, Foresteri and Gayle and getting none of them, but if Graham and Ojo do the job then in all honesty it's not been a bad window at all. I was underwhelmed with Kebano, Aiyete and Martin last year and look what happened.

Fulham Tup North

:drums: On a positive note, we have made 500 pages ... :bang head:
That must be something to celebrate.  :012:

And, we kept all of our top players!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Legate21

Can't see any official confirmation that Adeniran did leave for Everton, checked Fulham and Everton twitter and websites. Anyone know what happened?

Chutney

Quote from: snarks on September 01, 2017, 07:55:24 AM
Yes I am disappointed, mainly because of selling Aluko and then being linked with Jota, Foresteri and Gayle and getting none of them, but if Graham and Ojo do the job then in all honesty it's not been a bad window at all. I was underwhelmed with Kebano, Aiyete and Martin last year and look what happened.

"I was underwhelmed with Kebano, Aiyete and Martin last year and look what happened." - We scraped our minimum aim of reaching the playoffs. Largely down to our manager getting the players performing out of their skin.
C O Y W

fulhamben

Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 07:59:25 AM

"I was underwhelmed with Kebano, Aiyete and Martin last year and look what happened." - We scraped our minimum aim of reaching the playoffs. Largely down to our manager getting the players performing out of their skin.
hmm maybe it's you that needs committing by the men in white coats and not Ross barkley. You think Martin played out of his skin?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on September 01, 2017, 07:56:35 AM
:drums: On a positive note, we have made 500 pages ... :bang head:
That must be something to celebrate.  :012:

And, we kept all of our top players!!

Now shut that door,or bleeding Window or whatever.

dhowells21

Quote from: Legate21 on September 01, 2017, 07:59:14 AM
Can't see any official confirmation that Adeniran did leave for Everton, checked Fulham and Everton twitter and websites. Anyone know what happened?

That's what I'm looking for. It was in the Metro this morning. But that's about it from what I can see..

Jamie88

Quote from: dhowells21 on September 01, 2017, 08:05:49 AM

That's what I'm looking for. It was in the Metro this morning. But that's about it from what I can see..

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-fail-sign-striker-defender-13557778

Mentions briefly here that it wasn't finalised

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 01, 2017, 08:42:02 AM
Quote from: dhowells21 on September 01, 2017, 08:05:49 AM

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-fail-sign-striker-defender-13557778

Mentions briefly here that it wasn't finalised

Promising. I really like Adeniran so pleased that it looks like he's staying. I wonder how much we'd have got for him.

SG

But that is what SJ and his team are paid to do, and they must be good signings/players to be able to play to that standard. So credit has to go to both the recruitment team and the coaching team surely?

Holders

What puzzles me is that we allegedly bid £18m for Gayle and then it didn't happen. If true, that's easily the lion's share of our investment this window that was not deployed, assuming that the value reflects the importance - and what else could it be?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Chutney

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2017, 08:01:47 AM

hmm maybe it's you that needs committing by the men in white coats and not Ross barkley. You think Martin played out of his skin?

No, but everybody else did. We still only scraped playoffs, which was our minimum aim. We can't expect pretty much the same starting squad to do a whole lot better.
C O Y W

fulhamben

Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 09:13:52 AM

No, but everybody else did. We still only scraped playoffs, which was our minimum aim. We can't expect pretty much the same starting squad to do a whole lot better.
I've said all along top 12 will be good for us this season. Might adjust that to top 9 now window has shut
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Chutney

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2017, 09:16:38 AM
Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 09:13:52 AM

I've said all along top 12 will be good for us this season. Might adjust that to top 9 now window has shut

I agree, given the quality of our squad, expecting playoffs again is slightly unreasonable, just outside would be a good season. If anyone can get this side over performing though its Slav, and if he does that we might sneak play offs, but we certainly shouldn't be expecting it, it would be unfair to do so.
C O Y W