Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

according to sky Adeniran could cost everton 4 million with add ons
Every day is a Fulham day

jayffc

Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2017, 01:09:10 PM

I guess at this stage that's a decent deal considering he's barely played for us and probably wouldn't get a look in this season.

Pretty stocked up at CM and with the likes of Edun and Luca De la Torre also waiting in the wings I suppose we couldn't say no to that sort of deal at this stage.....Also, hopefully, means a decent bit of money to play with come the January transfer window if we need it.

Riversider

You've got to love this thread haven't you, over 500 pages and over 7500 posts and yet not one single "scoop", not one single ITK post tipping us off about a potential signing before it had already appeared on social media,
Some outlandish claims made by various people , who claimed to have contacts or sources and yet it turns out they knew know more than the rest of us,
All a bit of fun and all will no doubt be repeated again in January,
Fulham have proven time and time again over the last few summers that nothing gets released by them , they are as tight as a drum, everyone stays Schtum , and all things considered that's not a bad thing is it ?

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2017, 01:09:10 PM

Provided we got a sell-on clause in there as well that's a good deal for us. He's obviously got potential, but how many young players who show potential actually "make it"? Not a bad deal for us considering he's literally played 3 (?) Cup Games for us.

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on September 01, 2017, 03:50:28 PM
Quote from: Riversider on September 01, 2017, 03:06:12 PM
Fulham have proven time and time again over the last few summers that nothing gets released by them , they are as tight as a drum, everyone stays Schtum , and all things considered that's not a bad thing is it ?

I think Westcliff tipped Kamara before it happened.

As you say all the others were on twitter or the sports pages before they were completed, don't think a single one of them (in or out) came out of the blue, so we are hardly tight as a drum

Not going to single one person out, but Kamara had been widely reported elsewhere before it actually appeared on here.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2017, 07:44:51 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 02, 2017, 07:43:18 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2017, 07:42:31 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 02, 2017, 07:32:52 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2017, 07:29:04 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 02, 2017, 06:51:47 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2017, 06:40:36 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 02, 2017, 06:15:49 PM
Not everyday a championship club is close to signing a Uruguayan international.

surely if the entire uruguay squad were playing in england, most of them would be in the championship or lower

Muslera (Galatassary number 1), Maxi Pereira (Portos starting right back), Gimenez (starts for Atletico madrid), Godin (starts for Atletico Madrid), Coates (starts for Sporting Lisbon), Caceres (Part Southamptons squad last year now signed for lazio),
Vecino (Just signed for Inter for 25mill), Alvaro Gonzalez (Just signed for Nacional after 7 years at Lazio), Gaston Ramirez (Starter for Boro in Prem last season)
Suarez (Barcelona striker), Cavani (PSG striker), Abel Hernandez (Started for Hull last season in Prem), Stuani (Started for Boro in prem last season)

But most of their squad would be playing at champ level or lower. Why are people on this forum so ignorant about foreign football.

Also, to put it in perspective Diego Rolan is ahead of Abel Hernandez in the Uruguay setup, Abel Hernandez was 3rd top scorer in the champ last time he played in it, firing Hull to promotion.

So of the 13 players you've just mentioned, 3 will be playing in the championship this season, one in Turkey and another has gone back to Uruguay. I presume* the other 10-15 players in their squad are still in south america or other minor leagues. So thank you for confirming that most of their squad, if they came here, would be in the championship or lower.

*I've said "presume" out of politeness but I mean "know"

What three are playing in the Championship? Because Stuani's been picked up by a team in La Liga, Ramirez has basically gone on strike to force a move and Hernandez will be sold if the right bid comes in because it's Hull.

Championship kicks off in 3 days, Ramirez and Hernandez are still here, and can you tell me the name of Stuani's new club with checking back on Wikipedia? Los pedros or some such anonymous little rabble, not quite a level you can equate with the premiership

Girona, Man City's new sister team. Pretty well publicised.

Oh I didn't realise it was those giants of world football, "GIRONA". Such a massive illustrious club full of quality players. I apologise

Yep, Girona. With Stuani scoring as well.

hovewhite

Quote from: jayffc on September 01, 2017, 12:48:17 PM
Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 09:13:52 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2017, 08:01:47 AM
Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 07:59:25 AM
Quote from: snarks on September 01, 2017, 07:55:24 AM
Yes I am disappointed, mainly because of selling Aluko and then being linked with Jota, Foresteri and Gayle and getting none of them, but if Graham and Ojo do the job then in all honesty it's not been a bad window at all. I was underwhelmed with Kebano, Aiyete and Martin last year and look what happened.

"I was underwhelmed with Kebano, Aiyete and Martin last year and look what happened." - We scraped our minimum aim of reaching the playoffs. Largely down to our manager getting the players performing out of their skin.
hmm maybe it's you that needs committing by the men in white coats and not Ross barkley. You think Martin played out of his skin?

No, but everybody else did. We still only scraped playoffs, which was our minimum aim. We can't expect pretty much the same starting squad to do a whole lot better.

Not sure I agree....The reason we did so well was that a team with lots of new additions worked out how they were supposed to play after a tough start together and came good as the season progressed. In theory, they no longer need to gel in the same way and know the system so why shouldn't they be able to continue playing teams off the park...Add to that that there is also now more (on paper) quality competition for places...bar potentially at CB and RB where it's stayed the same...and I'm feeling positive.

We have brought in some top prospects which have largely been hugely praised by their previous clubs supporters who will push and compete for places. The only iffy one appeared to be Djalo and even he played well the two times I've seen him.

In terms of 1st teamers - Soares, if he brings his form over and lives up to the hype, is seemingly a superior player to Malone. Fonte is more mobile and rated at a higher level than Chris Martin and seems determined to be a success and to really want to play for the team.

So really it's only Aluko that you could say is a miss....but with his notorious lack of finishing ability and with the fact we now have a plethora of hotly tipped pacey wingers....why shouldn't we believe we have a good shot at doing better than last year?
It might not turn out that way and that's football but on paper, we still look one of the strongest teams in the league.
Good that you can say the twice Djalo has played you've been happy with what you've seen,he's a young lad he has the attributes to succeed .I think he will prove to be as good if not better centre of defence wise than what we have,,If given the chance!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Barrett487 on November 06, 2017, 06:38:04 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on November 06, 2017, 01:32:14 PM
Would be a great signing!

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-keen-swedish-centre-back

Is our shirt wide enough for that name?

27 year old 6ft 3in Centre Back. 16 letters. My wife is attempting to knit a shirt wide enough, or the best idea would be to ask him to change his name to Smith.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rvFFC

Do you know much about him? Is he any good?
Also, didnt we supposedly scout a striker from the same team when they played in the europa league last week?

filham

We really needed a 6ft-6ins centre half but I suppose at a pinch we would settle for 6ft-3ins providing he can jump.

aaronmcguigan

I'm sorry. Our next signing has to be a lad in his 30s in league 1 or league 2....  alex Bruce, Jermaine Beckford or Brett Pitman 😂😂

We Are Premier League

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on November 06, 2017, 07:19:32 PM

Also, didnt we supposedly scout a striker from the same team when they played in the europa league last week?

I am Swedish and can unfortunately confirm that neither of the two are the solution to our problems...squad players at best.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: mlangstrom on November 06, 2017, 09:45:22 PM

I am Swedish and can unfortunately confirm that neither of the two are the solution to our problems...squad players at best.

I see, back down to Earth with a bump.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

VegasFulham

I disagree. Ghoddos is a quality forward. He can dribble and play out wide too. He has a good goalscoring and assists record. He would be a quality signing.

I am making a list of players I feel we should look at. Based of stats and videos on youtube. I will post the list later.

We Are Premier League

Swedish players and Fulham just doesn't go well together, al though Kaca had a few bright moments. 

Alexander Kačaniklić
Muamer Tankovic
David Elm
Fredrik Stoor
Björn Runström

Marcel_Gecov

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: mlangstrom on November 06, 2017, 09:45:22 PM

That is par for the course for us now.
When was the last time we signed someone we'd heard of.

BedsFFC

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 29, 2017, 03:16:01 PM
For the 100th time. 

Our transfer process is that Stats and Scouting  BOTH have to agree a new recruit, then the head coach gets the final say if he wants the player or not.  If the head coach wants a player, that can work but the Stats and Scouting teams have to both approve.

Talbot is in charge of scouting, Kline is in charge of stats, Jokanovic is head coach.  All 3 need to agree before we will try and sign a player, then Mackintosh does the ££ and contract negotiation.

Why oh why this is debated so much when everyone by now should understand how Fulham's transfer politics works I just don't understand, unless you keep your head in the sand I suppose.

We are NOT STATS LEAD any more than Scouting lead it's part of the process !