https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: river phoenix on August 02, 2017, 06:38:44 PM
Quote from: JakeFFC on August 02, 2017, 05:06:30 PM
As there are no players we are actively linked with (to my knowledge). Who would people like to see us being linked with?

Within reason obviously so lets say no more than £10mill worth as I imagine that's the maximum amount we would be able to pay the rest of this transfer window.

Just a bit of fun until we get some more rumors to start checking flight schedules again.

One of Tyrone Mings, Joe Bryan and Jere Uronen would be welcome at left-back.

Keeper - Joel Robles on loan if Adrian or Ospina are impossible for us to get.

Centre-back: Julian Jeanvier or someone similar. There are always gems in France, Germany and Italy, lower table teams or even second division.

Striker: splash the biggest part of the cash for Sergi Enrich or Rui Fonte.

The idea of even pursuing Ospina is frankly ludicrous. He played in the Champions League last season and is Arsenal's number 2. Not gonna happen.

westcliff white

Quote from: river phoenix on August 02, 2017, 06:38:44 PM
As there are no players we are actively linked with (to my knowledge). Who would people like to see us being linked with?

Within reason obviously so lets say no more than £10mill worth as I imagine that's the maximum amount we would be able to pay the rest of this transfer window.

Just a bit of fun until we get some more rumors to start checking flight schedules again.

One of Tyrone Mings, Joe Bryan and Jere Uronen would be welcome at left-back.

Keeper - Joel Robles on loan if Adrian or Ospina are impossible for us to get.

Centre-back: Julian Jeanvier or someone similar. There are always gems in France, Germany and Italy, lower table teams or even second division.

Striker: splash the biggest part of the cash for Sergi Enrich or Rui Fonte.

id rather stick with what we have than Robles, he makes just as many mistakes
Every day is a Fulham day

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2017, 07:29:04 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 02, 2017, 06:51:47 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2017, 06:40:36 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 02, 2017, 06:15:49 PM
Not everyday a championship club is close to signing a Uruguayan international.

surely if the entire uruguay squad were playing in england, most of them would be in the championship or lower

Muslera (Galatassary number 1), Maxi Pereira (Portos starting right back), Gimenez (starts for Atletico madrid), Godin (starts for Atletico Madrid), Coates (starts for Sporting Lisbon), Caceres (Part Southamptons squad last year now signed for lazio),
Vecino (Just signed for Inter for 25mill), Alvaro Gonzalez (Just signed for Nacional after 7 years at Lazio), Gaston Ramirez (Starter for Boro in Prem last season)
Suarez (Barcelona striker), Cavani (PSG striker), Abel Hernandez (Started for Hull last season in Prem), Stuani (Started for Boro in prem last season)

But most of their squad would be playing at champ level or lower. Why are people on this forum so ignorant about foreign football.

Also, to put it in perspective Diego Rolan is ahead of Abel Hernandez in the Uruguay setup, Abel Hernandez was 3rd top scorer in the champ last time he played in it, firing Hull to promotion.

So of the 13 players you've just mentioned, 3 will be playing in the championship this season, one in Turkey and another has gone back to Uruguay. I presume* the other 10-15 players in their squad are still in south america or other minor leagues. So thank you for confirming that most of their squad, if they came here, would be in the championship or lower.

*I've said "presume" out of politeness but I mean "know"

What three are playing in the Championship? Because Stuani's been picked up by a team in La Liga, Ramirez has basically gone on strike to force a move and Hernandez will be sold if the right bid comes in because it's Hull.

westcliff white

surely if the entire uruguay squad were playing in england, most of them would be in the championship or lower

Muslera (Galatassary number 1), Maxi Pereira (Portos starting right back), Gimenez (starts for Atletico madrid), Godin (starts for Atletico Madrid), Coates (starts for Sporting Lisbon), Caceres (Part Southamptons squad last year now signed for lazio),
Vecino (Just signed for Inter for 25mill), Alvaro Gonzalez (Just signed for Nacional after 7 years at Lazio), Gaston Ramirez (Starter for Boro in Prem last season)
Suarez (Barcelona striker), Cavani (PSG striker), Abel Hernandez (Started for Hull last season in Prem), Stuani (Started for Boro in prem last season)

But most of their squad would be playing at champ level or lower. Why are people on this forum so ignorant about foreign football.

Also, to put it in perspective Diego Rolan is ahead of Abel Hernandez in the Uruguay setup, Abel Hernandez was 3rd top scorer in the champ last time he played in it, firing Hull to promotion.

So of the 13 players you've just mentioned, 3 will be playing in the championship this season, one in Turkey and another has gone back to Uruguay. I presume* the other 10-15 players in their squad are still in south america or other minor leagues. So thank you for confirming that most of their squad, if they came here, would be in the championship or lower.

A national squad for a world cup or qualifier is usually 23 players, so more than half play in some form of top division in the country they play in. The standard of the leagues of some is questionable but overall it seems you both have a point.

Every day is a Fulham day

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2017, 07:42:31 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 02, 2017, 07:32:52 PM

What three are playing in the Championship? Because Stuani's been picked up by a team in La Liga, Ramirez has basically gone on strike to force a move and Hernandez will be sold if the right bid comes in because it's Hull.

Championship kicks off in 3 days, Ramirez and Hernandez are still here, and can you tell me the name of Stuani's new club with checking back on Wikipedia? Los pedros or some such anonymous little rabble, not quite a level you can equate with the premiership

Girona, Man City's new sister team. Pretty well publicised.

We Are Premier League

Bring in:
Mings from Bournemouth
Nordfeldt on loan from Swansea
Bryan from Bristol
Hooper from Wednesday

Ship out:
Button
Sigurdsson
Woodrow

hovewhite

Quote from: @jolslover on August 02, 2017, 06:08:03 PM
Quote from: jj____ on August 02, 2017, 05:19:57 PM
Quote from: Carborundum on August 02, 2017, 03:33:01 PM
Quote from: jj____ on August 02, 2017, 03:06:22 PM
Not sure if its been posted, this thread has been moving extremely quick! Bryan Ruiz to Saudi Arabia
Pretty sure that's the first time the words "moving extremely quick" and "Bryan Ruiz" have appeared next to each other on this forum.

10/10.  Fans of MLS teams, including the one I follow, are very upset he didn't make the switch to the US to the point where they're bashing the leagues transfer policies.  I don't get the love affair with this guy

I rated him, Thought he was really good.
Technically not seen many better at Fulham, capable of producing the spectacular and that's what excites me about football. I don't go to see players chase a dead ball and make a big tackle. I go to see someone like Bryan Ruiz produce moments of magic. 
But that's just me. I know some people don't like him.
Im with you 100% also loved watching Berbatov also for the quality skills and the same with ruiz,trouble is these players get slagged for appearing lazy by fans that want work horses.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2017, 07:44:51 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 02, 2017, 07:43:18 PM

Championship kicks off in 3 days, Ramirez and Hernandez are still here, and can you tell me the name of Stuani's new club with checking back on Wikipedia? Los pedros or some such anonymous little rabble, not quite a level you can equate with the premiership

Oh I didn't realise it was those giants of world football, "GIRONA". Such a massive illustrious club full of quality players. I apologise

You're the one who doesn't think Uruguay's squad isn't any good when they're above Chile and Argentina in World Cup Qualifying, so I wouldn't really trust your knowledge of football.

wheelerdeeler

Looking at Uruguay's 1st choice squad I'd say there's 15 or 16 of them who can play above Championship level.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2017, 07:57:12 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 02, 2017, 07:49:01 PM

Oh I didn't realise it was those giants of world football, "GIRONA". Such a massive illustrious club full of quality players. I apologise

You're the one who doesn't think Uruguay's squad isn't any good when they're above Chile and Argentina in World Cup Qualifying, so I wouldn't really trust your knowledge of football.

Chile?! Another squad of mostly championship-standard players

Yes, Chile, the two who have won back to back Copa America's and got to the Final of the Confederations Cup this summer, and only went out to Brazil on Penalties in the Quarters in the last World Cup. Tell you what, that's a pretty solid Championship team. Unless you're going to try and tell me Arturo Vidal couldn't handle a cold Tuesday night at the Pirelli.

Mince n Tatties

lol.

Tabby

Stones in glass houses and all that. We're sitting with our hands up our asses as we're not rated highly enough by potential signings.

Do you really think Fulham is a name that makes the football world tremble? Give over.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2017, 08:23:43 PM
Just out of interest do you two think we should sign anyone in the Welsh national team as well then?

Let's go through the Wales team then;
Hennessey, starts for Palace
Chester, captain for Villa (think Terry is now maybe though)
A. Williams, starts for Everton
Ben Davies, rotates with Danny Rose for Spurs
Gunter, Reading Captain
Joe Allen, starts for Stoke
Joe Ledley, think he's a Free Agent now after a solid run for Palace
Neil Taylor, starts for Villa
Ramsey, plays a lot of games for Arsenal
Bale, he's Bale
Robson-Kanu, rotation option for West Brom
King, rotation option for Leicester
fon Williams, starts for Inverness
MacDonald, starts for Wigan
Edwards, was Wolves' best player last season
Jazz Richards, Cardiff
Vokes, starts for Burnley
Collins, rotation option for West Ham
Ward, just got promoted with Huddersfield, saving Pens in both Penalty Shoot-Outs in the Play-Offs
Bradshaw, Barnsley
Woodburn, one of Liverpool's highest rated youngsters

So I'd take about three quarters of them happily.

JoelH5

Where's Jamie Jones sports or whatever he's called when you need a rumour haha
I was there, standing in the Putney end

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 02, 2017, 08:41:21 PM

He didn't hold rank here so his opinion wasn't valid.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 02, 2017, 08:41:21 PM

Away dreaming up another one,or ironing Halifax Towns strips for their first game on Saturday.

Roberty

I'm a couple of time zones ahead - so I'm off to bed now

I will look in in the morning to see how many more pages this thread has moved with even the sniff of a rumour
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

AlexW132

Also worth pointing out all the Boro fans were singing his praises once he left

AlexW132

I don't think we're in a position to be laughing at teams because we've never heard of them before. Let's not forget we've just been rejected by our top transfer target because we're not good enough for him, so before we start acting like Villa/Forest/Leeds/Wednesday fans let's actually put it in to perspective. And anyway, Jolslover is right, Hernandez and Ramirez will be off before long.

BestOfBrede

Fu'ing hell - transfer thread!
Joke - I've seen all sorts of shite on this so called Fulham transfers, or that's what I thought it was supposed to be...
But blimey, we are now subject to individual views on South American players and whether they could or could not pay in this division !
Christ almighty!