more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Touts

Started by Andy S, May 09, 2017, 10:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Quote from: Peabody on May 10, 2017, 04:25:10 PM
Yeah, but what about the touts. Yet another thread hijacked.

My son has his ticket for the away leg but I dont have enough points so I'll loiter outside the away end incase anyone has any spares - this usually works.  No matter what, I won't be buying from the touts unless it's only a modest mark-up on face value.

cmg

Touts - Nature's way of demonstrating that the tickets were priced too low in the first place.

Many people enthusiastically embrace the capitalist, entrepreneurial system (not me, actually. But that's probably because I've never had any dough).
If I pick up a Van Gogh at a car boot sale and sell it for millions I am congratulated on my perspicacity. A property bought in an up-and-coming area which doubles in value earns me praise as a shrewd investor. Successful dealing in stocks and shares makes me a Master of the Universe. Supply and demand. But if I buy a ticket for a sporting event that proves popular and sell it for a few quid profit I am a tout and, indeed, a criminal.
Never have understood the distinction.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: cmg on May 10, 2017, 07:08:41 PM
Touts - Nature's way of demonstrating that the tickets were priced too low in the first place.

Many people enthusiastically embrace the capitalist, entrepreneurial system (not me, actually. But that's probably because I've never had any dough).
If I pick up a Van Gogh at a car boot sale and sell it for millions I am congratulated on my perspicacity. A property bought in an up-and-coming area which doubles in value earns me praise as a shrewd investor. Successful dealing in stocks and shares makes me a Master of the Universe. Supply and demand. But if I buy a ticket for a sporting event that proves popular and sell it for a few quid profit I am a tout and, indeed, a criminal.
Never have understood the distinction.

Houses are to be lived in, paintings to be admired, not to park your money in or cast others aside.

Basic love of your fellow man I guess.

Quick it's getting political.

FulhamStu

Well done Mr Owl, you do your club proud.   I live in Shropshire and see a lot of Shrewsbury with my good mates from up here.  I want them to win, but only really care for the Fulham result.  Try to see Fulham as much as I can, my offspring have Fulham season tickets and their kids will be whites, so the circle carries on.