Main Menu

Cisse Signs - Official

Started by Deeping_white, July 07, 2017, 12:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/07/cisse-signs

isse Signs
Friday 7 July 2017 12:00

The Club is delighted to confirm the arrival of Ibrahima Cisse from Belgian outfit Standard Liege for an undisclosed fee.

A 23-year-old defensive midfield player, Cisse has agreed a three-year deal, with Fulham holding an option to extend by a further 12 months.

Born in Liege, Cisse joined his local side's youth team at a young age, and after being on the bench several times during the 2011/12 season, he made his first team debut as a right-back in a league match against Zulte Waregem in July 2012.

In his first two seasons in the senior Standard Liege team, he made 37 appearances for the club, and was still a teenager for the vast majority of those outings.

The latter campaign actually saw Standard finish top of the Belgian Pro League table, but they lost out to Anderlecht in the Championship Play-Off.

His form attracted outside attention, and that summer he joined fellow top flight outfit KV Mechelen, for whom he would appear 47 times across two seasons before returning to his home town club.

Cisse was a regular in the Standard side again last season, making 27 appearances across all competitions. He also found the net in the UEFA Europa League, opening the scoring in a 3-0 win away at Panathinaikos in the Group Stages.

He has also been capped by Belgium at Under-17 to Under-21 level, reaching double figures in caps for the eldest age group.

Speaking from the Club's Motspur Park Training Ground this morning, Cisse said: "I am very happy to be here. It is a great opportunity at Fulham and I am looking forward to showing my qualities and what I can do."

Friendsoffulham

Cisse Signs

The Club is delighted to confirm the arrival of Ibrahima Cisse from Belgian outfit Standard Liege for an undisclosed fee.

A 23-year-old defensive midfield player, Cisse has agreed a three-year deal, with Fulham holding an option to extend by a further 12 months.

Born in Liege, Cisse joined his local side's youth team at a young age, and after being on the bench several times during the 2011/12 season, he made his first team debut as a right-back in a league match against Zulte Waregem in July 2012.

In his first two seasons in the senior Standard Liege team, he made 37 appearances for the club, and was still a teenager for the vast majority of those outings.

The latter campaign actually saw Standard finish top of the Belgian Pro League table, but they lost out to Anderlecht in the Championship Play-Off.

His form attracted outside attention, and that summer he joined fellow top flight outfit KV Mechelen, for whom he would appear 47 times across two seasons before returning to his home town club.

Cisse was a regular in the Standard side again last season, making 27 appearances across all competitions. He also found the net in the UEFA Europa League, opening the scoring in a 3-0 win away at Panathinaikos in the Group Stages.

He has also been capped by Belgium at Under-17 to Under-21 level, reaching double figures in caps for the eldest age group.

Speaking from the Club's Motspur Park Training Ground this morning, Cisse said: "I am very happy to be here. It is a great opportunity at Fulham and I am looking forward to showing my qualities and what I can do."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/07/cisse-signs

AlexW132

Like the look of this fella, from what I hear a very good player. Where he'll fit in though is another matter

PokerMatt

Welcome Ibrahima. Won't pretend I know anything about him or have seen him play, but good to have another body in midfield and looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

aaronmcguigan

Sounds like a promising player, but will he play, do we need him? 

cmg

Yes.
Welcome to you, Ibrahima. Good luck and have a great career.

Now, stop posing around at Motspur Park and get yourself out to Poland where we can see you in action.

Supermitch

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 07, 2017, 12:12:30 PM

Cannot expect the 3 midfielders from last season to play every game.  Badly need back up in that area.  Parker and Petsos last season were the only covering players other than the youngsters like Adineiran.

Woolly Mammoth

He is over 6 foot, and is a busy player and a good athlete, he can have a real presence, and will boost the ranks.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Supermitch on July 07, 2017, 12:18:05 PM

Cannot expect the 3 midfielders from last season to play every game.  Badly need back up in that area.  Parker and Petsos last season were the only covering players other than the youngsters like Adineiran.

Hopefully Tayo Edun can step up, has looked decent at u19 championships, if FFC sort his contract

river phoenix

This.

The season is long, 46 games and Cisse can cover McDonald, plus he can play at right back if needed. Good signing by the looks of it. Having two solid players in critical position like holding midfielder is essential.

cmg

Obvious cover/rival for KMac.
Luckily Macdonald avoided injury last season. But he was perhaps fortunate to avoid more than the one suspension that he served. I'm not complaining, yellow cards are par for the course for a DM, but KMac had a lot of yellows last terms, fortunately sufficiently spread to avoid another suspension. Good to have a young alternative on board.

twang

Absolutely vital that we got a player that can cover at both DM and CM. And the fact that Cissé's a promising, youngish player that has been capped by the Belgium U21's and featured quite a lot for Standard last season makes it a great signing in my book.

We should be pretty set in that area now actually with Cissé, LVC and hopefully at least one of Adeniran, Edun and de la Torre stepping up to the plate.

cmg

Quote from: twang on July 07, 2017, 12:41:12 PM
Absolutely vital that we got a player that can cover at both DM and CM. And the fact that Cissé's a promising, youngish player that has been capped by the Belgium U21's and featured quite a lot for Standard last season makes it a great signing in my book.

We should be pretty set in that area now actually with Cissé, LVC and hopefully at least one of Adeniran, Edun and de la Torre stepping up to the plate.

0001.jpeg

The young players you mention are all very fine prospects.
I'd been a bit disappointed in LVC of late, but there were encouraging signs in the friendly of those surging runs from deep that distinguished his earlier career.

Adeniran has already shown that he is up to the required standard but has been injured.
Edun, as has been said, is out of contract at present. Both he and De la Torre have been impressive for their countries at junior level, but may need a little more time.

We Are Premier League

Good signing - have no doubt he will be in involved in 25 games this season. Versatile and youngish players are perfect for squad depth.

2 forwards, one more backup CM, one excellent CB and potentially a goalie away from being a top 3 contender!

AlexW132

I also should add that he'll have his French speaking mates Kebano, Ayité and Odoi to hang out with so he shouldn't have any problems integrating.

The Rock

Quote from: twang on July 07, 2017, 12:41:12 PM

Hopefully - the back four is responsible for the goals let in, but a proper DM who can provide cover surely makes the job at the back easier. This lad looks promising.

And he's from Belgium. Dembele came from Belgium so it's a sure thing really. Welcome aboard.

Wolf

Odoi might speak French but his first language is Flemish isn't it?
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Tabby

Seen a couple of Standard Liege fans slagging him off on social media as lazy and useless. I guess we'll see how well he does. Johansen was allegedly dogshit.

AlexW132

Quote from: Tabby on July 07, 2017, 04:08:19 PM
Seen a couple of Standard Liege fans slagging him off on social media as lazy and useless. I guess we'll see how well he does. Johansen was allegedly dogshit.
Let's just hope they're just salty

General

We can go through a list of all our best players who came in after a slump in form who ended up being reinvigorated after coming to the club.. in fact it used to be a trait of the club... see zamora, Murphy,  Davies etc... that's been less the case in recent memory but that's because after the haulix weve had the last couple of years we now have a manager who gets young players playing even better including foreign players.. the general common trait is all a hard working players keen to prove themselves and Ibrahima cisse has all the attributes with competition and slavisas management style to do well in this league.