watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tough start helping with signings

Started by charliejones141, July 30, 2017, 02:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliejones141

Anyone else think that having a tough start may help with signing all our games before the window closes are tough so if we drop points the owner might realise he has to spend

Lighthouse

No not in the slightest. I believe the club are aware of what is needed but are not very good at bringing in players. They go for players that are not likely to join us because they want to go to clubs in the Prem. They then waste resources and time on bringing in players that look good on paper but really are only filling in a place in the squad and only good for the odd cup game.

We need little improvement but 3 or 4 players were essential to improve last seasons squad. We haven't brought in any that are good enough for the first team. Kalas was already here last year so all we are going is trying to be as good as last season. Very disappointing so far but I suppose there is still time. But a poor start will not suddenly make the owner put his hands in his pocket. He may well ask why it has taken so long to bring in first team players. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Andy S

Look they are trying to run it like a business. So far they have been relatively successful. In business you do not suddenly throw money at it and demand results. You build slowly and carefully. Is that not what we are doing?

MikeW

Andy ... slowly and carefully since July 1st and pretty much everyone has overtaken us?  I need some convincing.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Twig

Quote from: Andy S on July 30, 2017, 07:11:43 PM
Look they are trying to run it like a business. So far they have been relatively successful. In business you do not suddenly throw money at it and demand results. You build slowly and carefully. Is that not what we are doing?

Err they got relegated from the prem, flirted with relegation from the Championship and failed to grab the chance to strengthen the squad last Jan to push for promotion.  Relatively successful? Not my definition of success.

JoelH5

This whole run it like a business thing is a good idea but if we want to re-establish ourselves as a solid premier league team, it won't work.

We aren't Utd, Chelsea etc. We don't have a huge fan base which is big enough to give us massive merchandise sales etc. If we want to break even, we won't be able to invest in playing staff good enough to get us to where we want to be, if that is a stable prem team.

It all depends on what we want. If we want to go up and maybe have a few lucky seasons without getting relegated but languishing around the bottom then this could be viable (and I'm not being sarcastic, some may be happy with that). If we want to really kick on, we will have to accept that for the forseable future we would make a loss and Khan doesn't want that.

There will undoubtedly be a few on this forum who will somehow take this post personally but it's the reality. It's all down to what our long terms goals are.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

nose

The one thing the management are not ding is running fulham like a business
we have failed in different ways massively in each of four seasons...

if they were running it as a business AND SEIOUS  they would have brought in somebody that actually knows what they are doing not a bunch of losers and amateurs.
MAF had the sense to get keegan, these guys.... kline and we keep the serial failure AM and what was rigg supposed to be?

They are not running it as a business they are running at as a second rate side show and not showing respect for the club's history and its supporters, this transfer window is the worst they have been, it really is as simple as that.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: nose on July 30, 2017, 10:00:54 PM

if they were running it as a business AND SEIOUS  they would have brought in somebody that actually knows what they are doing not a bunch of losers and amateurs.
MAF had the sense to get keegan, these guys.... kline and we keep the serial failure AM and what was rigg supposed to be?

They are not running it as a business they are running at as a second rate side show and not showing respect for the club's history and its supporters, this transfer window is the worst they have been, it really is as simple as that.

Yeah, retaining Cairney and Sessegnon (on much bigger wages), re-loaning Kalas and Piazon, bringing in two better options than we had for midfield depth, selling Malone and Jozabed off for 8M combined, and about to sign a pacey young striker is "the worst they have been" in a transfer window. Or at least since January, when "we cost ourselves promotion" by not doing enough ... and then getting 40 pts from 19 matches

The "analysis" on this board sometimes is unreal.

nose

Quote from: Denver Fulham on July 30, 2017, 10:10:00 PM

Yeah, retaining Cairney and Sessegnon (on much bigger wages), re-loaning Kalas and Piazon, bringing in two better options than we had for midfield depth, selling Malone and Jozabed off for 8M combined, and about to sign a pacey young striker is "the worst they have been" in a transfer window. Or at least since January, when "we cost ourselves promotion" by not doing enough ... and then getting 40 pts from 19 matches

with respect, your anlysis is unreal. relegated, nearly relegated, nearly relegated again... failing to strengthen the squad meaning we missed out on promotion, and that is the single biggest reason we failed last season,  and now purchasng a few unknowns on the cheap and losing a key member of last seasons squad... and the mnanager once again stating that he is marginalised (and I am being diplomatic) in transfer policy.

The owners are trying to run the club on the cheap and and/or as a plaything/distraction but what they are not doing is supplying Joca with the tools to get us promoted and the Prem is where the money is.  if you think what is happening is good enough for Mr 'we will do all that it takes' then that is genuinely unreal.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: nose on July 30, 2017, 10:25:29 PM

with respect, your anlysis is unreal. relegated, nearly relegated, nearly relegated again... failing to strengthen the squad meaning we missed out on promotion, and that is the single biggest reason we failed last season,  and now purchasng a few unknowns on the cheap and losing a key member of last seasons squad... and the mnanager once again stating that he is marginalised (and I am being diplomatic) in transfer policy.

The owners are trying to run the club on the cheap and and/or as a plaything/distraction but what they are not doing is supplying Joca with the tools to get us promoted and the Prem is where the money is.  if you think what is happening is good enough for Mr 'we will do all that it takes' then that is genuinely unreal.

Mr. Nose, no one is talking about the first three seasons, which were unacceptably poor. The whole roster was overhauled last summer, and since then, we have done reasonable things and performed well. I'd love if we had a couple more players in place right now, given the start of the season is very difficult, but I'll wait until Sept. 1 to determine whether we failed in our mission to improve this summer. The season beginning 26 days before the end of a 62-day transfer window is a much bigger issue for second-tier clubs than "whether we have ambition."

JackHFFC1990

Got a feeling Kamara will be brought in. Ojo on loan I can see happening aswell. I see Joka said after the game Saturday that he wanted another CB which is interesting suggests he doesn't trust Djalo

nose

Quote from: Denver Fulham on July 30, 2017, 10:29:24 PM
Quote from: nose on July 30, 2017, 10:25:29 PM

Mr. Nose, no one is talking about the first three seasons, which were unacceptably poor. The whole roster was overhauled last summer, and since then, we have done reasonable things and performed well. I'd love if we had a couple more players in place right now, given the start of the season is very difficult, but I'll wait until Sept. 1 to determine whether we failed in our mission to improve this summer. The season beginning 26 days before the end of a 62-day transfer window is a much bigger issue for second-tier clubs than "whether we have ambition."

Well actually one has to factor in the first three seasons because it illuminates the descision making of our leaders.
so sticking to more recent matters I have to admit i am sorry, i am not sure what a 'roster' is?
However our squad was lamentably thin all last season and having got ourselves into a wonderful position to springboard forward, all we had to do, as any rudimentary observer of footbal will tell you, is do our business early, allow joca the chance to bed in the players during the pre season and give the besty manager outside of the prem the chance to get the team into the best possible shape to mount a suststained challenge. what we have is cheapskate do it on a shoestring nonsense. now if the owner says he is happy with that, I am OK with it because then we know. but he says and his son says they are ambitious to get us back into the prem. well what they are doing is the opposite to success. the manager does not make such comments as he has done if things were correct. The truth is the owners have no expereice of proper football, and have not brought in the experience needed. To think a totally inexpereinced man such as TK, no matter how well meaning, and his mate kline with his theories and stats to ride roughshod over a proven manager is crazy.

|I admire your optimism, however I am very sceptical about our chances this season. i feel sure we will play the best football in the division, but that does not make you winners. and we need to get back tot the prem soon!

By september the 1st i feel sure the supporters will be going crackers at the lack of quality signings, but I hope I am wrong and you are proved correct.

filham

There is only one measure of success in football and that is points on the board so at this stage, while things are not looking to good, I will refrain from comment.

However , I am looking for an average of almost 2 points per game and if therefor after ten games we have collected less than 18/20 points I shall consider the club have not performed.