watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Squad depth

Started by Marcel_Gecov, August 22, 2017, 10:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Has Ojo got an agreement within the terms of his loan on selection? I'd be amazed if he hadn't.

MJG

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 22, 2017, 02:11:04 PM
Has Ojo got an agreement within the terms of his loan on selection? I'd be amazed if he hadn't.
There can officially be no agreement in contracts regarding playing time.
Just the views of a long term fan

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2017, 02:25:20 PM

Equally no call backs until Jan so if Liverpool are unhappy then tough.

Chutney

Quote from: Statto on August 22, 2017, 02:00:08 PM
I think a number of our attacking players could cover Cairney's role if necessary. Piazon certainly, probably Fonte playing deeper and some others.

Personally I see Norwood, Cisse, McDonald and Johansen as 4 players just for 2 positions so you need 3 simultaneous injuries there to be in trouble and even then you have the youth

We have plenty of cover for the central midfield roles as you say, Cisse looks to be a very useful utility player as he can also play CB and RB.
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Statto on August 22, 2017, 02:28:53 PM

Not disagreeing but with Woodrow we've shown what you can do around the fringes of that, a loan fee that increases if the player doesn't get playing time.
Yes but is not  'must play' instruction which would nit be allowed

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2017, 10:52:31 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 22, 2017, 10:49:36 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2017, 10:47:14 AM

Only RB looks light on that - but then Odoi moves over Cisse can jump in as well. Perhaps Sess should be on there as an LB as well instead of LW. As I suspected just a need for a decent CB and we have had the best summer we could have had.

Also intrigued by Fossey, is he fit for this evening?
Not yet it seems. Im a bit concerned about how long hes not been around.

Knee injury back in May with U20s for US. Would expect to be back by December/January.

Marcel_Gecov

Not disagreeing but with Woodrow we've shown what you can do around the fringes of that, a loan fee that increases if the player doesn't get playing time.

Basically there's a penalty if you don't play them but in the grand scheme of things it's not a huge problem.

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2017, 02:42:33 PM

It would be strange to sign a player if Jok has no intention of playing him, likewise I don't think ojo would have joined without the promise of plenty of first team football.
C O Y W

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Chutney on August 22, 2017, 02:58:56 PM

It would be strange to sign a player if Jok has no intention of playing him, likewise I don't think ojo would have joined without the promise of plenty of first team football.

Ojo should also be realistic and see that there are 4 senior players ahead of him and whilst he'll get his chance I cant imagine he'd just assume he would be a starter. He has made just 12 league starts in his career and he is up against internationals like Kebano, Ayite etc

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on August 22, 2017, 02:58:56 PM

Of course the plan is always to play players on loan if they are of benefit to the team, form and tactics come into that.
But the rule is there can be no obligation in any players contract to play, even tho you hear it all the time. FA rules do not allow this as its seen as having third party influence on a team being selected.

aaronmcguigan

There's no rules but I think there's incentives, i.e. If Ojo plays below X games, the loan fee is this amount, but if he plays Y games, you get a discount. Something like that; and that's where cash strapped clubs would deem that a player has to play to save them money. Maybe

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 22, 2017, 02:43:47 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2017, 10:52:31 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 22, 2017, 10:49:36 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2017, 10:47:14 AM

Only RB looks light on that - but then Odoi moves over Cisse can jump in as well. Perhaps Sess should be on there as an LB as well instead of LW. As I suspected just a need for a decent CB and we have had the best summer we could have had.

Also intrigued by Fossey, is he fit for this evening?
Not yet it seems. Im a bit concerned about how long hes not been around.

Knee injury back in May with U20s for US. Would expect to be back by December/January.

Need to correct this. It was Zelalem that left with the knee.

Fossey had a groin injury back then. Not sure on timetable, but can go on for months. Not an easy one to come back from for soccer players.

Southcoastffc

Thanks for that table MJG - not seen it before, it's a brilliant depiction of what we have.    (I have to admit to feeling a shiver at seeing the name of Felix in the far right column, that man has left a deep scar.)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

FulhamStu

Have said a number of times since Tuesday that I was very dissapointed with Ojo.  He coasted though the game, did very little and looked a bit like he could not be bothered.  His run towards the end shows the quality he possesses but he has to put in a shift, ability without effort and enthusiasm is no good at all.  It was his first game and he is very young so I will hope it was just a slow start, he could be great for us but his attitude needs to be right.

hovewhite

Squad strength ,very good just getting them to buy in to how we play and there jobs when on the pitch.over to you joka.starting at ipswich.
Coyw

aaronmcguigan

Got to agree. We have plenty options. They may not be his signings but they're definitely his players now and we need him to motivate, inspire, coach, train, assess, stretch, challenge , bond and mould this group of clearly talented footballers into a winning team once more