News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone have a sense who had the best window?

Started by terryr, September 01, 2017, 07:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

I haven't been keeping track of the comings and goings elsewhere, so have no idea who  has strengthened their squads and who we need to beware of.

fulhamben

Was going to do a thread later on this where we can put all the teams into 3 options. Might aswell make it here.
Wolves good window
Brentford bad window
Us wait and see, (IMO)
Birmingham good window
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

King_Crud

FulhamStu

It has to be a good window for us. You never get everything you need and in Kalas and Fonte we have filled our most important areas with very good players.  The loans are exciting and could result in an excellent window.

fulhamben

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 01, 2017, 07:41:34 AM
It has to be a good window for us. You never get everything you need and in Kalas and Fonte we have filled our most important areas with very good players.  The loans are exciting and could result in an excellent window.
think it's too hard to judge for us. As imo to proclaim that we have had a good window, means that we are better than last year. And the only way we will know if we are better than last year, is if we finishes 5th or above. Anything else would be standing still or regressing
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Chutney

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2017, 07:58:28 AM
think it's too hard to judge for us. As imo to proclaim that we have had a good window, means that we are better than last year. And the only way we will know if we are better than last year, is if we finishes 5th or above. Anything else would be standing still or regressing

This. So much this. I get the feeling many of our fans considered last season a success, we achieved what was expected of us, which was to make the play offs, and even then we scraped it.

To claim we've had a good window would be to claim we can make automatic promotion. 
C O Y W

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2017, 08:01:33 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2017, 07:58:28 AM

This. So much this. I get the feeling many of our fans considered last season a success, we achieved what was expected of us, which was to make the play offs, and even then we scraped it.

To claim we've had a good window would be to claim we can make automatic promotion.

I didn't know what to expect last season tbh as I did not know all the new players or how they would play, so thought maybe a top ten finish. To then make the Play Off's just, was great.

This season is a difficult one to call to because the Championship is tough and a lot of teams on their day can beat anyone but I'm hoping for top 6.

The team would have gelled more and the newbies will hopefully get up to speed with the way we play. As Joka says , last season is behind us and one game at a time.

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Twig

Chutney I think you have been a tad harsh stating that just season we achieved the minimum by reaching the playoffs. I know your logic from your other posts but don't quite agree.
But this window has been underwhelming, we spent nothing, failed to back a great manager and failed to reinforce the back four, especially at CB. 

Lighthouse

Wolves spent 30 million. Doesn't always mean much but they must be pleased. Birmingham after shouting they had no money and were in trouble suddenly had money to burn. As all great managers, the Birmingham manager has learned that spending big and putting clubs in debt is the only way to prove just how good you are.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BedsFFC

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 01, 2017, 10:25:08 AM
Wolves spent 30 million. Doesn't always mean much but they must be pleased. Birmingham after shouting they had no money and were in trouble suddenly had money to burn. As all great managers, the Birmingham manager has learned that spending big and putting clubs in debt is the only way to prove just how good you are.

It certainly has added some spice to the season. As well as the obvious desire to beat our poorer relations in west london and middlesex, giving the two west midlands clubs a lesson now rates quite high

hopper

So the big spenders this summer were:
Birmingham
Villa
Wolves

Must be a Midlands thing. The team I fear most is Wolves, especially after last season. Cardiff and Leeds look like they'll be strong too without spending loads.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 01, 2017, 10:25:08 AM

Not sure why Rednapp is a "great manager" LH.

He wrecked Portsmouth.
I don't believe Southampton or QPR rate him that highly either.

The best thing for me, would be Bilic gets sacked, and he goes to West Ham and trashes them as well.
lol

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Keynsham

snarks

I'm god to defend Harry here.

He didn't wreck Portsmouth, and to be honest far from it. That was all down to Gaydermak, Manderic had turned them round, and with Harry he got them into the Prem. He (Manderic) then sold to Gaydermak, who just pulled the plug when he got bored and refused to meet the clubs liabilities that he had authorised. The only other person with blame there IMO was Peter Storey.

Southampton don't like him, because he went back to Portsmouth leaving them in the championship, Southampton still made the playoffs that season. QPR was/is a disaster as Redknapp, Hughes, Hasslebank, etc have proved.

He did well at Bournemouth, West Ham and Spurs.

AlexW132

I think Ipswich have done the best with what they have to work with, bringing in Waghorn and Garner for pretty much no money at all, and some decent loans too.

wheelerdeeler

Leeds and Cardiff have looked the best in-terms of getting value for money.

Ordar

Leeds and Birmingham had decent windows. Wolves spent a lot and it seems to be working out well. Villa bought a lot of old players.

I would think a lot of fans of other teams will think we had a good window. (Which we did) Adding quality players to the squad in all areas. The options we have in the midfield and forward areas is surely better than any other team in the league. Another option up front would be nice, but I think Fonte is going to be a star.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2017, 07:25:09 AM
Was going to do a thread later on this where we can put all the teams into 3 options. Might aswell make it here.
Wolves good window
Brentford bad window
Us wait and see, (IMO)
Birmingham good window
Birmingham of course, did anyone think Harry would have a bad window.

F(f)CUK

Clem on Radio 5 said that Wolves only have one forward. So for all their spending they haven't fully strengthened.