watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who plays against Cardiff

Started by The Swan, September 01, 2017, 09:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

What team will Fulham put out against Cardiff. Will it be the same one that played so well against Ipswich.
Will Slav play some of the new signings.
The Swan

Riversider

Button,
Fredericks,
Kalas,
Ream,
Sessegnon,
KMac,
TC (hoping he's fit)
Johansen,
Ojo,
Fonte,
Graham

wheelerdeeler

Depends on who's fit. We know Rafa Soares is out, but if everyone else is fit I think we'll see something like

Button; Fredericks, Kalas, Djalo/Madl, Odoi; McDonald, Cairney, Johansen; Kebano, Ayite, Fonte.

If we're smart we won't play Sessegnon at LB against them considering Mendez-Laing's arguably the most in-form winger in the league and he could very well shred him. We all saw with Wildschut did to him first day of the season.

Although given Kebano's missed DR Congo's game tonight with a thigh problem, Sessegnon could start on the Wing or we see Ojo or Graham/Mollo for the first time.

AlexW132

Button
Fredericks
Kalas
Ream
Sessegnon
McDonald
Cairney (c)
Johansen
Graham
Fonte
Kebano

Subs:
Bettinelli
Odoi
Norwood
Cissé
Ayité
Ojo
Kamara

Tempted to put Mollo on the bench but we just have so many wingers it's tough to choose! Same goes for Rafa but it depends whether he's fit which he probably won't be.

AlexW132

Quote from: Riversider on September 01, 2017, 10:42:23 PM
Button,
Fredericks,
Kalas,
Ream,
Sessegnon,
KMac,
TC (hoping he's fit)
Johansen,
Ojo,
Fonte,
Graham
Dropping MOTM Kebano? Bold move.

Riversider

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 01, 2017, 10:50:34 PM
Button,
Fredericks,
Kalas,
Ream,
Sessegnon,
KMac,
TC (hoping he's fit)
Johansen,
Ojo,
Fonte,
Graham

I like Kebano and Ayite, but I wonder how much Slavisa does, otherwise why bring so many wingers in ?
You don't bring an England U21 international in from Liverpool to leave him on the bench and Graham is an upgrade on Kebano, and with Neeskens having been in Africa for 10 days there doesn't seem any need to use him on Saturday.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Riversider on September 01, 2017, 11:10:00 PM
Button,
Fredericks,
Kalas,
Ream,
Sessegnon,
KMac,
TC (hoping he's fit)
Johansen,
Ojo,
Fonte,
Graham

Graham is an upgrade on Kebano

Yeah, I dunno about all that.

Twig

Betts has just signed a new contract, I think he will step back in as number 1.

AlexW132

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 01, 2017, 11:13:26 PM
Quote from: Riversider on September 01, 2017, 11:10:00 PM
Button,
Fredericks,
Kalas,
Ream,
Sessegnon,
KMac,
TC (hoping he's fit)
Johansen,
Ojo,
Fonte,
Graham

Graham is an upgrade on Kebano

Yeah, I dunno about all that.
Likewise. I think Kebano is our best winger.

Asotosyios

If everyone is fit and not jet lagged, the starting line-up would/should be the same as the one against Ipswich.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Twig on September 01, 2017, 11:21:01 PM
Betts has just signed a new contract, I think he will step back in as number 1.

This. Can't. Happen.

hovewhite

Quote from: Asotosyios on September 01, 2017, 11:45:53 PM
If everyone is fit and not jet lagged, the starting line-up would/should be the same as the one against Ipswich.
Agree

Woolly Mammoth

What a choice Jok has got, so many options attacking wise. It would be I feel unfair to leave Kebano out after his last game, and let's hope he and Tim Ream come back unscathed from International Duty.
But I would also like to see Graham and Ojo play, but we can only start with 11, any more, and if referee notices we are in trouble.
Of course it's possible the selection may depend on how fit Tom Cairney is as well.
Decisions and decisions, but a good position to be in, and what a bench we could have.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Classic94

Quote from: Asotosyios on September 01, 2017, 11:45:53 PM

This. Ayite, Graham and possibly Mollo on the bench.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Statto on September 02, 2017, 02:02:26 AM
Cairney has posted on Instagram a video of his knee with a big plaster and doing simple knee extensions... it looks like he's had an op :dft006:

About time they sorted this out..... team has to be same one that started against Ipswich. No one should be dropped including Button; it would not be fair to change the team.

JackHFFC1990

If every player is fit then I would say

Button
Fredericks Kalas Ream Sessegnon
                       McDonald
         Cairney            Johansen
Ojo                    Fonte          Kebano

Subs - Bettinelli, Odoi , Norwood , Ciise , Ayite , Graham , Kamara

No space in the squad for the likes of Soares , Madl , Djalo , Edun , Mollo & Piazon (injured)

Squad looking a lot stronger now

Riversider

If we had signed Messi and Ronaldo would people still be saying the same about not changing the team ?, no of course not,
If Slavisa deems Graham to be a better option than Kebano (especially as Kebano has been away to Africa) then he will make a change,
It's Ojo, Fonte and Graham for me

Forever Fulham

Just finished watching Tim Ream and USMNT lose 0-2 to Bryan Ruiz's Costa Rica team.  And yes, it's Ruiz's team for sure.  He's still the straw that stirs the drink on that team.  What an excellent player, so misused and wasted at Fulham.   Any way, Tim Howard made Ream look bad on a Costa Rica counter.  Tim managed to catch the loan striker, Urema, in stride and force him way right, but Urema was still able to get a shot off from an extreme angle, maybe 20 yards out, that Howard should have smothered.  Ream did his job; Howard didn't.  But Howard is still god on the US team, so the camera kept cutting back to close ups of Ream's face, finger pointing by video, I guess.  Ream will not be coming back happy.

AlexW132

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 02, 2017, 12:39:04 PM
Just finished watching Tim Ream and USMNT lose 0-2 to Bryan Ruiz's Costa Rica team.  And yes, it's Ruiz's team for sure.  He's still the straw that stirs the drink on that team.  What an excellent player, so misused and wasted at Fulham.   Any way, Tim Howard made Ream look bad on a Costa Rica counter.  Tim managed to catch the loan striker, Urema, in stride and force him way right, but Urema was still able to get a shot off from an extreme angle, maybe 20 yards out, that Howard should have smothered.  Ream did his job; Howard didn't.  But Howard is still god on the US team, so the camera kept cutting back to close ups of Ream's face, finger pointing by video, I guess.  Ream will not be coming back happy.
I've seen a lot of angry Americans on Twitter annoyed at the gap between him and Geoff Cameron

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Riversider on September 02, 2017, 11:41:04 AM
If we had signed Messi and Ronaldo would people still be saying the same about not changing the team ?, no of course not,
If Slavisa deems Graham to be a better option than Kebano (especially as Kebano has been away to Africa) then he will make a change,
It's Ojo, Fonte and Graham for me

Your opinion is Graham and others are saying Kebano and therefore not changing the team.  SJ will of course pick the best team he sees fit. Not changing the team that beat Ipswich away will be on his mind too though. Don't understand how your opinion means more than anyone else's.. ... and then we get the daft Messi / Ronaldo argument