News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cottage Talk Podcast: Should Slavisa Jokanovic Stay Or Should He Go?

Started by Russ Goldman, November 10, 2017, 02:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

also think we went a bit over the top, panick stations on the podcast. Slavisa Will turn it around and just because the usual moaners are starting to air their points of view since we are on a bit of a blip, the discussion doesnt have to go to should we sack him .surely?.
Dont agree with Emilios annalasys that we have only played well in one game ,away at Ipswich.In fact we have played really well in a lot of games and only got draws and Im not just talking about the home games but even Leeds and Reading away were excellent performances.
Last year we set the bar sky -high but its ridiculous to  now think that anything less than that deserves the sack,when the footboll we played and the run we went on was as good as any I can recall in supporting the club since the mid.sixties.

Woolly Mammoth

There are enough matches between now and the new year to show us where we are, and how the Manager is coping and dealing with it.
Although at the moment there are questions asking if Jok is the man to carry on. First and foremost, would it be wise to change the Manager anyway. Some are not his players, they are the stats players. We do not know what distractions he has had to face behind the scenes at the club. It cannot have been easy having Kline and the Khans looking over his shoulder, and how much influence and interference was there going on. It cannot be a happy camp, and a new Manager would have the same problems but even worse as none of the players are his players.
Forget the word sustainability that keeps being used by the Khans, that's just an excuse for their lack of real genuine commitment to this club, and their lack of real ambition and  support for the Manager.
If Jok is still there by 3rd January next year. Then the club have to support him financially and whole heartedly in the Window, to recruit the players needed no matter what it takes, let's hope they have already lined them up, ( although personally I have no faith in the ability so far of the way our recruitment department does business and their failure to recruit the quality we need and end up with third choice failures from lower leagues abroad ).
However, if they fail to carry this out, then Jok is flogging a dead horse.  :dead horse:
In fact he is flogging a Herd of Deceased Horses.
The likelihood of that scenario is that Fulham end up as mid table also rans, and we lose our best players to Premier teams, and Jok walks.
Therefore making us worse off than at the end of last season.
Well if that is in the name of Sustainability, then they are flogging the Deceased Horse which has already bolted, because even the horse can see this coming, even though the club appear to be in a coma, at least the horse poor old Neddy isn't.
It's not sustainability this club needs anymore, it's Ambition and genuine Aspirations.
Jok or any other Coach/ Manager cannot be blamed for that.
It's Jok who is also the victim of the poor and Amateur way this club is run under the current Chairman, the buck stops with the owner.
Never trust a man with a moustache.  051
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Slavisa would definitely get Fulham promoted with the right players - that is, with he right financial investment in the squad, but there is the fact of  FFP,  of course.

But he has done very well with the players available to him. A bit of a blip so far this season, but we have had injures and new players  in the team.

I suppose I always argue against sacking the manager, but if he went now - who would we get in, and what about the fact that Slavisa's preferred style of play has permeated the club, with the players schooled to play that way?

Lighthouse

Any coach would get the team promoted given the right players. The point of a coach is to get team doing well without a perfect team. While he has been badly let down in the transfers in. I am not sure we are a team who is as bad as we currently look.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on November 13, 2017, 12:48:57 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on November 13, 2017, 11:24:19 AM
Any coach would get the team promoted given the right players. The point of a coach is to get team doing well without a perfect team. While he has been badly let down in the transfers in. I am not sure we are a team who is as bad as we currently look.

That first sentence isn't incontrovertible. None of our managers between Jol and Jokanovic appeared to have a discernible style in mind. Say what you want about the current tippy tappy stuff but it's a clear style that's been effectively coached into the players and has also proven successful in the past. What were Magath's and Symons' preferred styles of play, what were they trying to achieve? I honestly couldn't tell.

A particular  style needs all the elements to work. Especially the one that had us playing so well for half a season or more. But speed of movement and pass is upset if players are off form, injury or the wrong players. Which is why we can keep on debating why it isn't working now. Hopefully the style can be tinkered with to get us back to at least close to where we should be.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

Quote from: filham on November 11, 2017, 06:11:24 PM
Quote from: bog on November 11, 2017, 02:20:46 PM
What on earth is going on!! A complete nonsense to even think if a new boss. I think I may have got my point across.  :031:

092.gif
But Blog, how many more games at the Cottage without a win do we let go by before we question if perhaps a change of manager should be considered.
Some of us seem content with one win in the last eight, are we now prepared to suffer only one win in the next eight.

I am saying we hold on to Jocanovic at least to the end of the season but there must be an improvement in performances and results.

Of course, but I feel he has been hampered by that pillock in charge of 'recruitment'. Now he has be 'disrecruited' I expect Slav to get us going again.

Thank you and good night   

jackjcollins

Ready to retract this yet then, @YoungsBitter?

*Yawn*

Quote from: YoungsBitter on November 10, 2017, 11:49:23 PM
Quote from: HV71 on November 10, 2017, 10:43:41 PM
The answer to your question is relatively simple. ........

You cannot just miss out a year ......

Especially when that year contained some of the most exciting and positive football we have witnessed for years.

That never happened under Kit

This manager was vocal about who he wanted to keep and what he needed...

He didn't get it

Other teams strengthened and we didn't  - and there us no divine right in this league

The distractions off the pitch cannot have helped either - imagine having to consider your tactics for a Suomo wrestling bout just before a press conference

Results are disappointing - but given the above facts and an injury to our best player - what do you expect?

Get real

Yes, yes and yes. I just do not get why he has gone from the Messiah to Misfire in some people's minds, he did not suddenly become a crap coach. His tactical nouse always had limits, as do most coaches. What has changed is his team and he asked for changes he did not get.

Emilio may be well meaning but he is driving this line of thinking on Cottage Talk as Jack Collins is on Fulhamish, both are wrong and sadly both have too loud a voice thanks to the Podcasts.

grandad

Where there's a will there's a wife

ron

Surely it's the predictability of tactics that lay blame at Slav's door. It isn't Tony Khan or his old man shouting; "Play it square or backwards" from the Cottage balcony, or to Sess; "Stay at Left Back, because you're much better as an attacking left midfielder"....or to Fonte "Stay deep and face the wrong way, because you're 8 million quidsworth of our money as a finishing striker".........

Blame them for the dearth of cash by all means, but the art of good management is to make the best of limited resources.

We've had a good run - which has now ended because Slav is keeping to the same game plan, hoping it will bring different results, and we know where that takes anyone....

Facts Not Fiction

In the final 5 or so minutes, we continued to pass it round the back and hold possession.

How is that a viable move? You throw everything forward, and we did nothing.

He left Johansen on for 90 minutes when he was probably having his worst game of the season.

He once again neglected our wingers, instead having Fonte on the wing, who also had his worst game for us.

Not even mentioning Sessegnon at LB. Again.

His personal vendetta against the transfer policy has cost us this season. His own unprofessionalism. How can you rule out the likes of Soares, Djalo, Graham and Mollo if you don't play them?!

He has completely lost it. Time to go. 

rvFFC

Incredibly grateful for his work last season but I think it is time for Slav to go. Sess at left back, Johansen up front, the whole putting ourselves under pressure from telling the players to go short from  goal kicks and excluding players who haven't been given a decent chance, which is his own doing, are my biggest problems with Jokanovic at the moment

Dodger53

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on December 16, 2017, 06:58:20 PM
Incredibly grateful for his work last season but I think it is time for Slav to go. Sess at left back, Johansen up front, the whole putting ourselves under pressure from telling the players to go short from  goal kicks and excluding players who haven't been given a decent chance is his own doing are my biggest problems with Jokanovic at the moment

Yep sums it up for me

Woolly Mammoth

It's like watching the same game every week, but different opponents.
Never known a team to have so many square pegs in round holes, there no balance and no depth in defence, and we look so fragile.
Khan Junior and his recruitment and stats wooden tops should all be sacked also.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on December 16, 2017, 06:58:20 PM
Incredibly grateful for his work last season but I think it is time for Slav to go. Sess at left back, Johansen up front, the whole putting ourselves under pressure from telling the players to go short from  goal kicks and excluding players who haven't been given a decent chance, which is his own doing, are my biggest problems with Jokanovic at the moment

I agree with all you say, and ...........
He just doesn't  motivate, and cannot motivate, he shows no enthusiasm, he clearly bores the players to sleep, I am sure they don't understand half he says, because I do not.

Never forget your Roots.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: jackjcollins on December 16, 2017, 05:42:13 PM
Ready to retract this yet then, @YoungsBitter?

*Yawn*

Quote from: YoungsBitter on November 10, 2017, 11:49:23 PM
Quote from: HV71 on November 10, 2017, 10:43:41 PM
The answer to your question is relatively simple. ........

You cannot just miss out a year ......

Especially when that year contained some of the most exciting and positive football we have witnessed for years.

That never happened under Kit

This manager was vocal about who he wanted to keep and what he needed...

He didn't get it

Other teams strengthened and we didn't  - and there us no divine right in this league

The distractions off the pitch cannot have helped either - imagine having to consider your tactics for a Suomo wrestling bout just before a press conference

Results are disappointing - but given the above facts and an injury to our best player - what do you expect?

Get real

Yes, yes and yes. I just do not get why he has gone from the Messiah to Misfire in some people's minds, he did not suddenly become a crap coach. His tactical nouse always had limits, as do most coaches. What has changed is his team and he asked for changes he did not get.

Emilio may be well meaning but he is driving this line of thinking on Cottage Talk as Jack Collins is on Fulhamish, both are wrong and sadly both have too loud a voice thanks to the Podcasts.
Hi Jack, no.
I agree he is stubborn and makes some dubious tactical decisions but we were always up against the odds ( Cookie, Kit, year without a win) and but for some crappy finishing could have nicked it. I thought Sunderland didnt really create much other than Grabben's miss and the goal and if we could get on the end of the crosses we would have won ( two sitters Norwood 1st half and Ojo 2nd). Also thought TC, StefJo and Norwood were crap today, thats not the coach's fault.
The team he played from 70th minute onwards was probably most people's preferred starting 11 up to the last minute change of Fonte for De la Torre.
We will tear apart Barnsley and it will be all forgotten until we go to Cardiff.

Not sure why he perseveres in trying to shoe in Norwood, he breaks our flow up from the back, plays too deep and gets in the way of Cairney and Kmac. When he was off and StefJo played in his rightful spot we looked way better....
Quark, strangeness and charm