watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Jerome look s more or less certain to leave in January so I suspect that link will reappear shortly.

Haven't seen much of the R's lately, is Jack Robinson any good these days? His contract is up in June so they might be happy to get a few cents for him in January.

SP

Quote from: mlangstrom on December 29, 2017, 07:08:04 PM

Haven't seen much of the R's lately, is Jack Robinson any good these days? His contract is up in June so they might be happy to get a few cents for him in January.

Perhaps, Robinson not featuring for QPR this evening due to illness.

filham

Liverpool have signed their man before the window opens , he will be bedded in and ready to play in the first match in January. We are likely to frig around all January and if we do sign anyone worthwhile it will not be until well into the window resulting in the new player missing a good few matches. Why.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: filham on December 30, 2017, 11:38:54 AM
Liverpool have signed their man before the window opens , he will be bedded in and ready to play in the first match in January. We are likely to frig around all January and if we do sign anyone worthwhile it will not be until well into the window resulting in the new player missing a good few matches. Why.
Did Joka not say he wanted his work done in the first week of Jan? We will see, but for once get stuff done early!! PLEASE.....
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

JoelH5

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 29, 2017, 05:41:06 AM
Fullback Β£30M and 50% sell on clause and I would say very good deal.

Wouldn't happen in a million years!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

bill taylors apprentice

If we have already done the hard negotiations and are just waiting for the window to open to put pen to paper, that will be amazing in itself!

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 29, 2017, 06:38:58 PM
From TIFF, so make of this what you will:

"Chris Martin is coming back to Fulham in a 4 million pound deal. Rui Fonte is going to be loaned to Swansea for the rest of the season. Mollo's contract has been cancelled and finally the Portuguese full back is heading back to Porto." πŸ’©

I like everything about this comment except I would like the opening words to be "A player of the quality of a fit CM is coming to"

Mince n Tatties

Tooting legend

How about bobby Reid of Bristol City maybe a cheeky 5-6 million pound bid.

JoelH5

The Gayle rumours have reappeared. He's only not featured in 3 of Newcastle's games this season and the fact that it looks like they could be coming back to the Championship makes it highly unlikely in my opinion.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

St Eve

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 30, 2017, 11:46:53 PM
The Gayle rumours have reappeared. He's only not featured in 3 of Newcastle's games this season and the fact that it looks like they could be coming back to the Championship makes it highly unlikely in my opinion.
Good. I don't rate him

@jolslover

STH H3

Porthogs FC

Quote from: @jolslover on December 31, 2017, 12:29:36 AM
Mitrovic is the man I want to see here.
Yes for me. Whatever Strikers that are not featuring and are bigger bodies should be what we look for. Enough speed in the team, need big body that can control ball,Β  take on defenders, pass and shoot. Mitro is close in that department

Asotosyios

I doubt Mitrovic would drop down to the Championship. He will probably go to a Premier League team or abroad, if he leaves in January.

JackHFFC1990

My 2 strikers I would like to see are either Mitrovic but he does like a red card or Ulloa from Leicester

@jolslover

Quote from: JackHFFC1990 on December 31, 2017, 10:35:55 AM
My 2 strikers I would like to see are either Mitrovic but he does like a red card or Ulloa from Leicester

Agree either one would do me nicely. These would be my top two. Both target man who are very good on the ball as well. Hard to find.
STH H3

Lighthouse

"I expect we're going to be active"
"Bringing in more quality & positive things into our squad"
"Still we need a striker who can score more goals"
" We've tried for many months to build some identity & style"
"I need three players" #FFC

JokaΒ  via Radio London
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

WouldnΒ΄t want Gayle. Too similar to what we have. Bit of a sick note now & has not been the same quality he used to show. We need someone with a bit of height to be able to hold the ball up & score from the multitude of corners we waste.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cmg

I find some folk's lack of enthusiasm for Gayle a bit surprising.

I have, of course, absolutely no idea if there is any substance in the 'rumours' but would consider him to be an almost ideal recruit.

With decent speed, a bit of skill and a predatory instinct he has shown himself to be not much better than an average striker at PL level, but in the Championship he has varied between very good and sensational.

Sure he has a few flaws, but there are very few of us perfect human beings about.