watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

QPR presumably out of running for above-mentioned PSG man as they have just signed CM Sean Goss (better singer but not as good looking as Luke) on loan from Manchester United.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: ollienixs on January 03, 2018, 03:19:14 PM
So apart from rehashed things about a PSG player there is absolutely no one our club is linked too, surely some one can make up some rumour for us all to get excited about and cling too

thought we were being re-linked with Gayle as well. no?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

TXWhite

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 03, 2018, 03:34:01 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on January 03, 2018, 03:19:14 PM
So apart from rehashed things about a PSG player there is absolutely no one our club is linked too, surely some one can make up some rumour for us all to get excited about and cling too

thought we were being re-linked with Gayle as well. no?

Yeah, couple of murmurs about Newcastle signing Ings, which could pave the way for Gayle. Believe it when I see it. As long as we still sign a CB and LB, I'd be delighted.

rvFFC

From Twitter :
Derby, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough & Fulham are interested in signing Valarenga midfielder Abdisalam Ibrahim. #dcfc #avfc #Boro #ffc

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 03, 2018, 04:57:41 PM
From Twitter :
Derby, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough & Fulham are interested in signing Valarenga midfielder Abdisalam Ibrahim. #dcfc #avfc #Boro #ffc

Sad to say but, when I see us linked with players that "everybody" wants, I tend to dismiss it. It's when I see us linked with someone that no one else is linked to that I start paying attention.

It has worked for us at times and not at others but seems we are almost always deep diving for talent.

Riversider

Quote from: cmg on January 03, 2018, 03:26:33 PM
QPR presumably out of running for above-mentioned PSG man as they have just signed CM Sean Goss (better singer but not as good looking as Luke) on loan from Manchester United.

Nope , Goss has left QPHaha to join Glasgow Rangers on loan.

cmg

Quote from: Riversider on January 03, 2018, 05:36:44 PM
Quote from: cmg on January 03, 2018, 03:26:33 PM

Nope , Goss has left QPHaha to join Glasgow Rangers on loan.

Oh yes. Sorry about that fake news. I must have misread the Sky headline (unless they got it wrong) or got my Rangers mixed up - both equally distasteful to my mind.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Matt10 on January 02, 2018, 01:36:15 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Hill on January 02, 2018, 12:18:42 PM
Mitrovic will want game time for the world cup, i could see a loan till the end of the season for him working

That is a very good point, and something to consider as teams loan out their players. Surely we'll find a WC player who is riding the bench somewhere.

Olympiacos is interested in Mitrovic according the Serbian and Greek media.

Wearethewhites

Wolves out the traps early, with the signing of Mir from Valencia, takes their No9 shirt. Meanwhile, at Motspur Park..

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on January 02, 2018, 05:08:31 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 02, 2018, 04:33:45 PM
Huddersfield are said to be signing another left back. Malone clearly not made the step up.

Sounds like he'll be playing centre back.

Could result in an Hefele exit... to us?!?

EJL

Mince n Tatties

Louis Moult who we were interested in has joined Preston..Wolves to bring back Robbie Keane also.

MrD1879

Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 03, 2018, 10:47:11 PM
Wolves out the traps early, with the signing of Mir from Valencia, takes their No9 shirt. Meanwhile, at Motspur Park..

Another transfer that needs to be looked at because of Mendes. Don't get why you would trade a new contract at Valencia, an offer from Real to make your dream move to Wolverhampton. Something smells fishy in the midlands

MrD1879

Quote from: Statto on January 04, 2018, 11:04:49 AM
Quote from: MrD1879 on January 04, 2018, 07:58:27 AM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on January 03, 2018, 10:47:11 PM

Another transfer that needs to be looked at because of Mendes. Don't get why you would trade a new contract at Valencia, an offer from Real to make your dream move to Wolverhampton. Something smells fishy in the midlands

agree with your general sentiment about wolves/mendes here but isn't this just some youth player who was playing in the B league?

He's a highly rated Spanish youth international who has been banging them in for their B side, was promoted to the first team but dropped back down by the manager when it was clear that he was refusing to sign a new deal. Was widely reported to have been tapped up by Madrid and I believe Valencia made a complaint to the Spanish FA.

Porthogs FC

If I look at a lot of our transfers that have failed over the last number of years (the ones that were healthy when they arrived) it seems like there's really a difficulty getting anyone who is lightweight and slowly builds up play rather than running at the opposing team, to thrive in a CF or AM role. Rui Fonte, Ruiz, Jozabed come to mind immediately as players we paid well for that just didn't work as well as the could have. Sure, Rui is still up for review but CF's typically have to have the ability to play with their back to the opposing net in this league.
Just thoughts when we look at transfers for more forward players. I don't think Gayle is the one for us, unless Rui Fonte is leaving and we're getting one more as well as Gayle (a Martin type).

mkras99

Ian A Williams

@eanwilliams
17m17 minutes ago
More
Extraordinary end to #ffc press conference as #Jokanovic says no clear Jan targets & could be good option to sack manager if club thinks it's competitive enough already!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mkras99 on January 04, 2018, 02:45:45 PM
Ian A Williams

@eanwilliams
17m17 minutes ago
More
Extraordinary end to #ffc press conference as #Jokanovic says no clear Jan targets & could be good option to sack manager if club thinks it's competitive enough already!

Two things:

1) What the...?!!!
2) Jokanovic has just spent the last two or three interviews talking up the agreed upon targets for this window. So,what the...?!!!

Riversider

Quote from: mkras99 on January 04, 2018, 02:45:45 PM
Ian A Williams

@eanwilliams
17m17 minutes ago
More

Oh great , here we go again, so much for getting our business done early 😩

Rhys Lightning 63

@Ladbrokes

Reports suggest Stoke have offered £3m for Fulham's Ryan Fredericks.

The defender is out of contract in the summer...
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense