https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on January 04, 2018, 03:17:20 PM
@Ladbrokes

Reports suggest Stoke have offered £3m for Fulham's Ryan Fredericks.

The defender is out of contract in the summer...

Why as he would back in the championship next year anyway

simplyfulham

I feel like we need to return to the classic Fulham transfer profile. Players who have performed at a higher level than us and are down on their luck, out of form or who are recovering from serious injuries.

On this basis we've had players like Van Der Sar, Zamora, Murphy, Duff, Diarra and Berbatov.

In this vein, there are a few strikers in the division above who could fit the bill:
Aleksandar Mitrović
Connor Wickham
Saido Berahino
Danny Ings

And the wild card - Peter Crouch

Just feel there's some easy value out there to be had and we don't need to look too far to get it.

rvFFC

From Ryan o'donovan (reporter for get west London) on Twitter:
Also been told there's been no bid from Stoke for Ryan Fredericks - Fulham have no intention to sell any of their players this window

filham

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 04, 2018, 04:37:01 PM
Also been told there's been no bid from Stoke for Ryan Fredericks - Fulham have no intention to sell any of their players this window
Pleased to hear that but surly we should have agreed a new contract with Fredericks by now.

junior white

Quote from: filham on January 04, 2018, 04:46:06 PM
Pleased to hear that but surly we should have agreed a new contract with Fredericks by now.
There were rumours in the summer that he wanted to join Watford when they showed an interest, so maybe he doesn't want to sign a new deal just yet.

Asotosyios

PSG join chase for £30m Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon as Tottenham face battle to land left-back

Paris Saint Germain have joined the chase to sign Fulham wonderkid Ryan Sessegnon. The French giants are desperate to lure the 17-year-old who is rated as one of English football's best young prospects.

PSG have been watching Sessegnon this season and are keen to take him to France ahead of a host of English clubs with his price likely to be more than £30m already. Tottenham tried to sign him last summer but Sessegnon opted to stay at Fulham and sign a new contract to try to get promotion to the Premier League. His form this season will only heighten Tottenham's determination to get him and they could bid again this month.

Manchester United and Manchester City are also keen to sign Sessegnon while Real Madrid are also keeping tabs. PSG have got the financial clout to tempt Fulham while the youngster also speaks French. Sessegnon has established himself at left back but is seen as having the potential to emulate Gareth Bale and play further forward.

Fulham are determined to keep the England prospect for at least this season but will face a battle, with major clubs so keen to get him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/psg-join-chase-30m-fulham-11798377

cmg

FK Kauno Zalgiris of Lithuania have been identified as the only club in Europe not currently interested in signing Ryan Sessegnon, although they have said that they may change their mind if they win the Euromillions lottery this weekend.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on January 04, 2018, 11:54:04 PM

FK Kauno Zalgiris of Lithuania have been identified as the only club in Europe not currently interested in signing Ryan Sessegnon, although they have said that they may change their mind if they win the Euromillions lottery this weekend.

lol.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: simplyfulham on January 04, 2018, 04:17:23 PM
I feel like we need to return to the classic Fulham transfer profile. Players who have performed at a higher level than us and are down on their luck, out of form or who are recovering from serious injuries.

On this basis we've had players like Van Der Sar, Zamora, Murphy, Duff, Diarra and Berbatov.

In this vein, there are a few strikers in the division above who could fit the bill:
Aleksandar Mitrović
Connor Wickham
Saido Berahino
Danny Ings

And the wild card - Peter Crouch

Just feel there's some easy value out there to be had and we don't need to look too far to get it.

You are right, they are under our noses, but there is none so blind as those that cannot see, ask Jok.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

They must think we are a Div 2 club. Their offer is insulting and I hope the Club has told Stoke to put their offer where the sun doesn't shine. They can wait until the summer when his contract is up and then why would he want to sign for a Championship club.

deano_632

UNDERLAND AND FULHAM TO TUSSLE FOR EXPERIENCED INTERNATIONAL STRIKER

Championship strugglers Sunderland are set to take on Fulham and Reading in the race to sign Derby County striker Chris Martin, as per page 60 of The Sun's Friday printed edition.

Chris Coleman is looking to prepare his team for the relegation dogfight but faces competition from the two sides who of course faced each other in the semi-finals of the Championship play-offs last season.

Martin played in that two-legged clash for Fulham, as he spent last season on loan there from Pride Park, but angered Fulham fans by agitating for an early return to the club after he signed a new three and a half year deal with the club in January 2017.

He scored 11 goals at Craven Cottage for the Whites but has made just seven starts for Derby under Gary Rowett, sparking interest in his services.

Martin can score goals in the Championship but his attitude and work-rate is poor so any transfer move would be a risk.

The Scotsman would not be welcomed back easily by Fulham fans, which will give hope to Reading and Sunderland that they can turn his head despite being lower down the league than the West London club.

In my view,  Reading is the most suitable destination for Martin, but he is still not an ideal addition to a squad low on confidence.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sunderland-and-fulham-to-tussle-for-experienced-international-striker/

junior white

Quote from: Bill2 on January 05, 2018, 11:57:53 AM
They must think we are a Div 2 club. Their offer is insulting and I hope the Club has told Stoke to put their offer where the sun doesn't shine. They can wait until the summer when his contract is up and then why would he want to sign for a Championship club.
Could say the same about why would he sign a new deal with us.

If a perm club comes in he will want to go, similar to the summer rumours and Watford wanting him. As for price, anything close to £3,000,000 for a player with 6 months left on his contract has to be considered, given he may have said to the club that he isnt signing a new deal. Ass speculation like the media reports

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: junior white on January 04, 2018, 10:44:51 PM
There were rumours in the summer that he wanted to join Watford when they showed an interest, so maybe he doesn't want to sign a new deal just yet.
He should show some loyalty. He was a nobody before he joined us and we showed patience throughout his injuries.

MJG

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on January 05, 2018, 01:08:54 PM
He should show some loyalty. He was a nobody before he joined us and we showed patience throughout his injuries.
If he stays and then walks I'd be interested to see how people compare him to Dembele running his contract down.
Just the views of a long term fan

Deeping_white

Allegedly we're interested in Saman Ghoddos, a striker at Ostersund in Sweden, a team currently playing Europa League football.

Tabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 05, 2018, 02:28:46 PM
Allegedly we're interested in Saman Ghoddos, a striker at Ostersund in Sweden, a team currently playing Europa League football.

That could be a decent signing. Has looked good when I've seen him.

But our track record with Swedish strikers isn't exactly what I'd call stellar.

Otter idiot

This is his job, what he does to get paid. His career could end tomorrow and what money would he have put away by now?

Would I judge you if you moved to a better job for more money and prospects? I think he has already shown tremendous loyalty given what he was offered last season.

He stayed last Jan in the hopes of promotion, of playing for us in the top flight  and again over the summer for the same.

I know what I'll say if he goes: "Thank you for staying with us as long as you did, I hope you have the career you deserve".

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Luka

Quote from: Otter idiot on January 05, 2018, 02:50:25 PM
This is his job, what he does to get paid. His career could end tomorrow and what money would he have put away by now?

Would I judge you if you moved to a better job for more money and prospects? I think he has already shown tremendous loyalty given what he was offered last season.

He stayed last Jan in the hopes of promotion, of playing for us in the top flight  and again over the summer for the same.

I know what I'll say if he goes: "Thank you for staying with us as long as you did, I hope you have the career you deserve".

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't like to see him leave but he's been good for us, and if he gets a great offer that we wont match good luck to him.
( I say won't rather than can't because we can match any offer he will get).

Mince n Tatties

He's brilliant on you tube.😵

Deeping_white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 05, 2018, 04:17:05 PM

He's brilliant on you tube.😵

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeyPqCbJ7QA 

I'd sign him because of #2 & #1 in fairness  :022: