Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MJG on January 05, 2018, 01:13:08 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on January 05, 2018, 01:08:54 PM
Quote from: junior white on January 04, 2018, 10:44:51 PM
Quote from: filham on January 04, 2018, 04:46:06 PM
Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 04, 2018, 04:37:01 PM
From Ryan o'donovan (reporter for get west London) on Twitter:
Also been told there's been no bid from Stoke for Ryan Fredericks - Fulham have no intention to sell any of their players this window
Pleased to hear that but surly we should have agreed a new contract with Fredericks by now.
There were rumours in the summer that he wanted to join Watford when they showed an interest, so maybe he doesn't want to sign a new deal just yet.
He should show some loyalty. He was a nobody before he joined us and we showed patience throughout his injuries.
If he stays and then walks I'd be interested to see how people compare him to Dembele running his contract down.

It'd be much worse in my opinion. Dembele wasn't in the first team for long and of course his goals kept us up. I feel Fred at least owes us a decent transfer fee after we stuck by him after so many frustrating performances and injuries.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Otter idiot on January 05, 2018, 02:50:25 PM
Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on January 05, 2018, 01:08:54 PM
Quote from: junior white on January 04, 2018, 10:44:51 PM
Quote from: filham on January 04, 2018, 04:46:06 PM
Quote from: SuperFulham323 on January 04, 2018, 04:37:01 PM
From Ryan o'donovan (reporter for get west London) on Twitter:
Also been told there's been no bid from Stoke for Ryan Fredericks - Fulham have no intention to sell any of their players this window
Pleased to hear that but surly we should have agreed a new contract with Fredericks by now.
There were rumours in the summer that he wanted to join Watford when they showed an interest, so maybe he doesn't want to sign a new deal just yet.
He should show some loyalty. He was a nobody before he joined us and we showed patience throughout his injuries.
This is his job, what he does to get paid. His career could end tomorrow and what money would he have put away by now?

Would I judge you if you moved to a better job for more money and prospects? I think he has already shown tremendous loyalty given what he was offered last season.

He stayed last Jan in the hopes of promotion, of playing for us in the top flight  and again over the summer for the same.

I know what I'll say if he goes: "Thank you for staying with us as long as you did, I hope you have the career you deserve".

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That's true. But football is a strange industry. Few industries charge a fee to potential employers or can stop staff leaving.

f321ffc

Go on Khan grab him.

@SkySports_Keith
·
31m
Understand Bournemouth have recalled Lewis Grabban from his loan after the player told Sunderland he wanted to leave. The Cherries plan to sell him this window - Wolves are interested.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Deeping_white

Neil Perrett‏
@nperrettecho
Follow Follow @nperrettecho
More
Understand #fulhamFC are favourites to sign #afcb's Lewis Grabban on permanent deal. #Wolves keen to take him on loan.

8:23 PM - 5 Jan 2018

OMalleyCat

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 05, 2018, 09:08:23 PM

Neil Perrett‏
@nperrettecho
More
Understand #fulhamFC are favourites to sign #afcb's Lewis Grabban on permanent deal. #Wolves keen to take him on loan.

Grabban would be ideal.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

hovewhite

Quote from: OMalleyCat on January 05, 2018, 09:20:07 PM

Neil Perrett‏
@nperrettecho
More

Grabban would be ideal.

Like this+1

Asotosyios

SVIATCHENKO WOULD PREFER MOVE SOUTH
Celtic's Erik Sviatchenko has revealed he'd prefer a move to England in January rather than a return to Denmark, reports the Scottish Sun.
The Danish international - a long-term target for FC Copenhagen - has been told he's surplus to requirements by boss Brendan Rodgers, but the 26-year-old would prefer to stay in Britain, should he depart Parkhead.
"Copenhagen are a big club so I don't want to rule anything out – but the priority for me is to stay abroad.
"I feel that I have a lot to contribute and it's an exciting challenge to be abroad compared to the Super League. I can see myself at a Championship club, for example.
"It's a bold league where there are a lot of cool matches. It could also be a springboard for the Premier League. I'm 26. I'm on my way to my best football age and I want to play somewhere where I can get responsibility."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not an actual Fulham rumour, but does anyone who has been watching Celtic and the Scottish Premier League have any idea how good Sviatchenko is? Could he challenge Kalas and Ream for a place in the first eleven?

aaronmcguigan

Neil Perrett‏
@nperrettecho
More

Grabban would be ideal.

A £6m fee for a guy who's 30 next week is a bit ridiculous. There will be absolutely no sell on value and surely is dangerous to just throw money away. Surely there's a younger version than him hiding somewhere. Wolves have the right idea trying to get him on loan.
Plus for him to personally ask to cut short a loan smells a bit like Chris Martin.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/chris-coleman-on-lewis-grabban-s-exit-i-only-want-to-work-with-committed-players-1-8943041

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42586034

rvFFC

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 05, 2018, 11:23:21 PM

Neil Perrett‏
@nperrettecho
More

Grabban would be ideal.

A £6m fee for a guy who's 30 next week is a bit ridiculous. There will be absolutely no sell on value and surely is dangerous to just throw money away. Surely there's a younger version than him hiding somewhere. Wolves have the right idea trying to get him on loan.
Plus for him to personally ask to cut short a loan smells a bit like Chris Martin.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/chris-coleman-on-lewis-grabban-s-exit-i-only-want-to-work-with-committed-players-1-8943041

+1, don't really think he is who we need.

Riversider

Quote from: Newry FFC on January 05, 2018, 11:23:21 PM

Neil Perrett‏
@nperrettecho
More

Grabban would be ideal.

Who says the fee is £6 million ?
The article that you linked in the Sunderland Echo says that Bournemouth had a January recall clause in the loan which they've now exercised as they want to sell him !
Plenty of people on here were pleading with the club to spend £9 million this time last year on that useless waste of space Martin, what's his record this season ?
Plenty advocating we sign Rhodes and Bamford to, I'd personally have Grabban over any of that .

EJL

VicHalomsLovechild

One Martin Thomas

Grabban attitude seemed to cause the rift in Sunderland with the me and also fans. Then again he's a Premiership player playing in a team who may well drop into the third tier. I think I would start to get a bit depressed in that team + when I wake up everyday and find myself in Sunderland.... moods not gonna improve.

hovewhite

MJG

Quote from: hovewhite on January 06, 2018, 07:56:56 AM
Have we binned our over 28 policy,any ideas?
no, it a policy that can be broken if the right player is put forward and it's accepted what they offer. But it would be fair to say that over 28's are not the main player targets.
Just the views of a long term fan

FulhamStu

Quote from: MJG on January 06, 2018, 08:09:21 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on January 06, 2018, 07:56:56 AM
Have we binned our over 28 policy,any ideas?
no, it a policy that can be broken if the right player is put forward and it's accepted what they offer. But it would be fair to say that over 28's are not the main player targets.

Which is a perfectly sensible policy.   It does not say we can't sign someone over 28 and that this should be the exception rather than the rule.

Fulham's downward spiral was caused by having a team full of old players, who were only ever going to get worse, no sell on value and expensive to run.   This was an excellent policy for Alfayed as it allowed us to hang on to Premiership status but a disaster for any buyer with long term plans, meaning Khan was shafted before he started.   What was interesting for me were 2 things. 1.  Ally Macs.. as he was the common denominator and should/could have called this out, but in a very difficult position given his role as CEO to both Owners.   2. Why Khan did not do better due-diligence given he was spending £200M which even to him was a bit more than pocket money, you would think a successful businessman would have known better !

Fulham was a disaster waiting to happen, we had players worth little that were costing us a lot of money and the team under a manager who was never any good without Chris Houghton as his no2 in charge.   Apart from an excellent academy at £200M Khan was robbed.   Players over 28 could be very important in the team today, but having this rule making recruiting them an exception where properly justified is a very good one.

toshes mate

I wouldn't say for one moment that the over 28 is perfectly sensible although I would say that all players ages and experience and current wages are relevant issues when looking at VFM in their recruitment costs.  Many clubs tend to panic buy when under pressure from poor performances and potential relegation issues rather than recruiting a coach (e.g Hodgson) who can turn the existing personnel around. 

Fulham's current predicament is one of how to solve the balance issues within the squad where limited defensive cover is affecting other roles within the side and goal scoring has, until recently, not been as prolific as last season. That shouldn't really necessitate any limiting factors interfering with recruitment.  An experienced utility defender (an Odoi clone) and an adroit striker shouldn't pose too many issues or cost the earth for the recruitment team if they have seriously put the effort into preparation for this window.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

Quote from: Holders on January 06, 2018, 09:16:17 AM
Even Roy had to bring in key players like Hangeland.
One of his many abilities was to foster good relationships wherever he had managed and Hangeland was a really top purchase (i.e. not a panic buy).

Holders

Quote from: toshes mate on January 06, 2018, 09:37:04 AM
Quote from: Holders on January 06, 2018, 09:16:17 AM
Even Roy had to bring in key players like Hangeland.
One of his many abilities was to foster good relationships wherever he had managed and Hangeland was a really top purchase (i.e. not a panic buy).

No, not a panic buy but nevertheless a rapid one in response to his seeing the need for a player of that kind.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria