watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bronaldinho

The Transfer Window is always problematic at this stage of the season, but any potential move has been discussed in the latest article.

The new Craven Corner article focuses on the potential movements at Fulham this month.

Read here:👉 http://thecravencorner.wordpress.com   👈
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

BedsFFC

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 07, 2018, 02:46:33 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 07, 2018, 02:12:33 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on January 07, 2018, 02:03:12 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 07, 2018, 01:48:10 PM
With what the club suposedly said about the squad being good enough, do people think we will actually sign anyone?
Really, when did they say this?

That's not good

I think that's a reference to Jokas press conference

Yeah it's what Joka *supposedly* said the club had told him.

Yes, sorry, wasn't thinking. I thought they'd come out and said something. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I think we will try and get a couple of key players in. Its the January window and we are in with a shout of top 6. Wouldnt make commercial sense not to go for it

f321ffc

More from Bournemouth forum on Grabben.

"He was responsible for, at the time, some of the best solo striker performances we've ever seen at AFCB. Then the partnership he formed instantly with Yann was an absolute joy to behold, the classic dovetail up front that you dream about. He never stopped running and somehow nearly helped us into the playoffs in our first season in the Championship. So on the football pitch he was a special player for us that year"

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Friendsoffulham

TARGETT PRACTICE Southampton full-back Matt Targett set to seal six-month loan switch to Fulham
Young left-back is set to join the Championship side until the end of the season and bolster their promotion push

The Southampton left-back, 22, is on the brink of agreeing a deal to play at Craven Cottage until the end of the season.

Matt Targett is set to join Fulham on-loan until the end of the season
Slavisa Jokanovic has been looking for cover at full-back despite Ryan Sessegnon's amazing form.

And the Cottagers boss is hoping Targett's experience in the Premier League can boost their play-off hopes in the second half of the campaign.

Targettt suffered an ankle injury earlier in the campaign and made his first appearances over Christmas.

But Mauricio Pellegrino also has Sam McQueen as cover for Ryan Bertrand, which has allowed Targett to go out for games.

The 22-year-old has made just two league appearances this season
After being crowned Saints' Young Player of the Season in the 2014/15 campaign, Targett's career has gone stale having made just two appearances this season.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5287578/southampton-matt-targett-six-month-loan-switch-fulham/

Asotosyios

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 07, 2018, 05:27:43 PM
Southampton full-back Matt Targett set to seal six-month loan switch to Fulham
Young left-back is set to join the Championship side until the end of the season and bolster their promotion push

I wonder if that means that Soares is heading back to Porto.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Asotosyios on January 07, 2018, 05:33:39 PM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on January 07, 2018, 05:27:43 PM
Southampton full-back Matt Targett set to seal six-month loan switch to Fulham

I wonder if that means that Soares is heading back to Porto.

Let's hope so.

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Riversider

If both Targett and Grabben were to happen over the next 48 hours wouldn't it make Jokanovic's histrionics at the last two press conferences look a tad silly ?

Bracken White

Encouraging that there are positive rumours abounding. Grabban + another CF type striker would certainly strengthen where needed. Targett, I'd suggest may well see the demise of Soares - but where's the towering CH?!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

bill taylors apprentice

I'm a little underwhelmed by the thought of Grabbon signing but hey! if the managers happy with it!

Matt10

I think Grabban and Targett are fantastic possible signings. Grabban has 12 goals this year, and Targett has good size and speed with a solid left foot. Imagining him paired up with Sess on the left side + Johansen...goodness, boys. Get excited.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Matt10 on January 07, 2018, 08:02:47 PM
I think Grabban and Targett are fantastic possible signings. Grabban has 12 goals this year, and Targett has good size and speed with a solid left foot. Imagining him paired up with Sess on the left side + Johansen...goodness, boys. Get excited.

If both those players sign, I will get excited, I promise, and will be relieved and grateful and excited if we can sign a much needed Centre Back ASAP.

Never forget your Roots.

Riversider

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 07, 2018, 08:25:20 PM

If both those players sign, I will get excited, I promise, and will be relieved and grateful and excited if we can sign a much needed Centre Back ASAP.

Let's bring Harlee Dean back to West London , tough no nonsense centre half that would hit the ground running, and a centre half that takes responsibility, I'd like to think that yesterday's goal wouldn't have happened if somebody like Dean had been playing yesterday.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Riversider on January 07, 2018, 09:42:59 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 07, 2018, 08:25:20 PM

Let's bring Harlee Dean back to West London , tough no nonsense centre half that would hit the ground running, and a centre half that takes responsibility, I'd like to think that yesterday's goal wouldn't have happened if somebody like Dean had been playing yesterday.

Agreed and no nonsense is his middle name. That's the kind of Warrior we need to help toughen the defence up, and add much needed height.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Hopefully this time I will reply to the right thread (Lol). The young Forest 18 year old striker was very impressive today, did more in 1 game than Fonte has done all season for us, straight swop or maybe pay them 2m and give them Rui?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Anyway this whole thread is making me angry, we all know that this window will be a complete waste of time and disappointment! Posts of a wish list signing reminds me of my Christmas wish list, but I didn't get any of the presents I wanted and the Mrs is still here! We live in hope though!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 07, 2018, 10:03:23 PM
Anyway this whole thread is making me angry, we all know that this window will be a complete waste of time and disappointment! Posts of a wish list signing reminds me of my Christmas wish list, but I didn't get any of the presents I wanted and the Mrs is still here! We live in hope though!!

I think his name was Bereton, very impressive.

Never forget your Roots.