https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DevonFFC

Quote from: Hoppus on January 08, 2018, 12:31:15 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on January 08, 2018, 12:26:27 PM
Fulham are looking at buying FC Köln forward Sehrou Guirassy, who has scored 4 goals in 12 games this season in a struggling Köln side. The fee would be around £4.5 million, rising to £6 million with add-ons. #FFC #Fulham #Köln

Source?

Micheal Walsh on Twitter, apparently a freelance sports journalist. I can't say whether  he is or isn't just that's what's he has posted

Fulham Tup North

13:26
ON TARGETT

Fulham are interested in signing Southampton left-back Matt Targett on loan, according to Sky sources.

However, no deal has yet been agreed between the clubs.

Whites boss Slavisa Jokanovic wants another option at left-back as well as a centre-back and striker this month.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Marcel_Gecov

This Targett rumour certainly gathering speed. That will be a very good signing IMO

Twig

Would be a terrific addition I am just struggling to get too excited about loans, especially such short term ones.

BedsFFC

Quote from: Twig on January 08, 2018, 03:17:25 PM
Would be a terrific addition I am just struggling to get too excited about loans, especially such short term ones.

I see a few people saying this would be a good signing. I did the usual check on the Saints board and they seem a bit unsure about him. Apart from this thread, I'd never heard of him.
What do you know about him?

Twig

Quote from: BedsFFC on January 08, 2018, 03:24:47 PM
Quote from: Twig on January 08, 2018, 03:17:25 PM

I see a few people saying this would be a good signing. I did the usual check on the Saints board and they seem a bit unsure about him. Apart from this thread, I'd never heard of him.
What do you know about him?

Is a one club man, product of their academy.  first team experience since 2014 but still struggles to get frequent appearances.  International experience as under 19, 20 and 21.  Still only 22 and seen as having the potential to develop further.  Six foot tall.  Think he won a young player of the year award.  Not much of a goal scoring record but I gather he can put over a decent cross.  At 22 1/2 he should be beginning to mature both physically and tactically, currently regarded by the fans as better going forward than defensively (where have we heard that before!).  Lives in the shadow of Ryan Bertrand a bit.

The Swan

According to Sky Sports Fulham are interested in a loan deal for Southampton defender Matt Targett.

Anyone know anything about him,
The Swan

Mince n Tatties

Never heard of him.
And apparently is OK going forward,but can't defend,according to their forum.So on that grounds he'll be a big help.😵

Mince n Tatties

MikeW

If he's a Targett is he a real Target? (I've never heard of him either!)
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

WokinghamWhite

He's listed as an unused sub in the FA Cup match last Saturday. Had he been brought on then presumably the usual chorus of "who???" would have greeted him.

terryr

Tag art is really in play.
Any strikers on the cards?
Garbet is linked with everyone it seems.
Anything Fulham specific????

filham

Well it is beginning to look like a typical Fulham winter window. A couple of on loan deals and an iffy bargain basement signing late on, none of whom will be better than  present starting line up players and all destined for a lot of bench warming over the next 20 matches.

MrD1879

Quote from: filham on January 08, 2018, 07:02:00 PM
Well it is beginning to look like a typical Fulham winter window. A couple of on loan deals and an iffy bargain basement signing late on, none of whom will be better than  present starting line up players and all destined for a lot of bench warming over the next 20 matches.

Although I said I'm fed up with Slav being unprofessional in the media about it I fear you are correct and we are in for another disappointment.

I'll give it until the end but if we do end up with another loan and "miss out on our top targets" by chucking a stupid bid at 11:50 on deadline day then we need an organised response for Khan and the board as this is getting behind a joke

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MrD1879 on January 08, 2018, 08:04:23 PM
Quote from: filham on January 08, 2018, 07:02:00 PM

Although I said I'm fed up with Slav being unprofessional in the media about it I fear you are correct and we are in for another disappointment.

I'll give it until the end but if we do end up with another loan and "miss out on our top targets" by chucking a stupid bid at 11:50 on deadline day then we need an organised response for Khan and the board as this is getting behind a joke

The Khans are neither bothered or interested, unless they change the habit of a lifetime, and get some real genuine business done and do it now, and not wait until the last 24 hours, and we cannot live on loans alone forever.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

deano_632

Swansea City are interested in signing Fulham right-back Ryan Fredericks, according to Sky sources.

The Welsh club have prioritised a right-back and a striker in the January transfer window.

Fredericks, 25, arrived at Craven Cottage in the summer of 2015 from Bristol City and is out of contract at the end of the season.   

The Tottenham product has featured predominantly at right-back under Slavisa Jokanovic at Fulham and has clearly caught the eye of Swansea's new boss Carlos Carvalhal.

Fredericks came through the ranks at Spurs and made his first-team debut against Hearts in the Europa League in 2011.

Carvalhal will be desperate to shore up his defence with his side bottom of the Premier League with 16 games left in the season.

http://www.skysports.com/share/11200678

YoungsBitter

Quote from: deano_632 on January 08, 2018, 09:54:10 PM
Swansea City are interested in signing Fulham right-back Ryan Fredericks, according to Sky sources.

The Welsh club have prioritised a right-back and a striker in the January transfer window.

Fredericks, 25, arrived at Craven Cottage in the summer of 2015 from Bristol City and is out of contract at the end of the season.   

The Tottenham product has featured predominantly at right-back under Slavisa Jokanovic at Fulham and has clearly caught the eye of Swansea's new boss Carlos Carvalhal.

Fredericks came through the ranks at Spurs and made his first-team debut against Hearts in the Europa League in 2011.

Carvalhal will be desperate to shore up his defence with his side bottom of the Premier League with 16 games left in the season.

Maybe Stephen Sessignon gets his opportunity after all? Not sure Slav is that keen to sell Freds, nor him keen to move to Swansea, if he didnt like Bristol wait til he gets over the Severn Bridge, sheep and not much else...
Quark, strangeness and charm

Riverside

Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 08, 2018, 10:09:23 PM

Maybe Stephen Sessignon gets his opportunity after all? Not sure Slav is that keen to sell Freds, nor him keen to move to Swansea, if he didnt like Bristol wait til he gets over the Severn Bridge, sheep and not much else...

I can see this one happening
For Fredericks - he could get a run in the Premier League - even if only 6 months . And a pay hike
For the Club Fredericks is holding off signing a new contract and only has 6 months left on his current contract . And the have a "Sess\' waiting in the wings .

Joka though clearly prefers Fredericks to Sess currently so would I am sure be against this

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Riverside on January 08, 2018, 10:21:26 PM
Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 08, 2018, 10:09:23 PM

I can see this one happening
For Fredericks - he could get a run in the Premier League - even if only 6 months . And a pay hike
For the Club Fredericks is holding off signing a new contract and only has 6 months left on his current contract . And the have a "Sess\' waiting in the wings .

Joka though clearly prefers Fredericks to Sess currently so would I am sure be against this

I suppose it comes down to whether the club and Joka is prepared to fight for him. His agent will push the Swans deal for sure, like you say, even if 6 months if he gets a contract at £30k a week he might put up with it, maybe 2 years more mature he can deal with small town life. He certainly had emotional issues in Bristol away from London and family, he only lasted 3 months.
From the clubs business side of things I can see them holding off any contracts they can until they know what kitty they have, Premiership sized one or mid table Championship one.
Quark, strangeness and charm