Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Quote from: hovewhite on January 10, 2018, 04:59:24 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on January 10, 2018, 04:57:04 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on January 10, 2018, 04:39:20 PM
There's a player who plays for Bolton called Craig Noone.

I thought we were signing him but it turns out it was a typo - were signing No one.

Was his father Peter the lead singer in Hermans Hermits
He was into something good.

Until he didnt have any milk today
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

f321ffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 10, 2018, 05:51:14 PM

I thought we were signing him but it turns out it was a typo - were signing No one.

But "There's a kind of hush " in the Riverside "Listen People" it's not "The end of the world" hopefully things wil be getting " just a little better" because I feel "something is happening"  075.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

davew

Quote from: mkras99 on January 10, 2018, 06:18:13 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/10/por-posh-reject-three-championship-bids-for-marriott/

Pay the 7m and move on, will we do that, statistics show we probably won't! There must be another Rui Fonte, the real Rui Fonte (the striker) that we can get for 9 million, almost forgot we have been there and done that. Why not try and sell him for 2.5 to 3m and add that to any bid that we might have made already (lol), not going to happen!!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Nero

Quote from: davew on January 10, 2018, 07:07:46 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on January 10, 2018, 06:18:13 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/10/por-posh-reject-three-championship-bids-for-marriott/

Pay the 7m and move on, will we do that, statistics show we probably won't! There must be another Rui Fonte, the real Rui Fonte (the striker) that we can get for 9 million, almost forgot we have been there and done that. Why not try and sell him for 2.5 to 3m and add that to any bid that we might have made already (lol), not going to happen!!!!!

What the betting we where the club to offer the 3.5m then we'll go back with a bid of 4m after that already been rejeced

Fulham76

I think pretty much all fans agree, whether they are pro Khan or against him, we need to add to the squad if we have any chance at promotion/play offs. A striker, a central defender, (would love an improvement in goal too).

SJ has said he wants, and more importantly needs additions to the squad, & he knows the squad better than anyone.

Unfortunately, the owners, or their advisers don't agree with us or SJ, he's come out publicly many times & said so. That's our problem, and it's a big problem.

So all this talk of us signing this player or that player is a waste of our energy. The important people here i.e. the fans & SJ have zero say in transfers, it's the non football people making the decisions (the wrong ones in my opinion). We've been told we're not in the market this window & it doesn't look like we are. SJ wanted business done early & he's been overruled, so that's that.

We may well bring in a loanee or two or a 2nd/3rd tier unknown from somewhere in Europe but we're not being ambitious & I'll bear that in mind when season tickets go on sale again & Khan over promises.

The Rock

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 10, 2018, 05:51:14 PM

There's a kind of hush to this topic I think at this point.

Twig

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 10, 2018, 07:30:15 PM
I think pretty much all fans agree, whether they are pro Khan or against him, we need to add to the squad if we have any chance at promotion/play offs. A striker, a central defender, (would love an improvement in goal too).

SJ has said he wants, and more importantly needs additions to the squad, & he knows the squad better than anyone.

Unfortunately, the owners, or their advisers don't agree with us or SJ, he's come out publicly many times & said so. That's our problem, and it's a big problem.

So all this talk of us signing this player or that player is a waste of our energy. The important people here i.e. the fans & SJ have zero say in transfers, it's the non football people making the decisions (the wrong ones in my opinion). We've been told we're not in the market this window & it doesn't look like we are. SJ wanted business done early & he's been overruled, so that's that.

We may well bring in a loanee or two or a 2nd/3rd tier unknown from somewhere in Europe but we're not being ambitious & I'll bear that in mind when season tickets go on sale again & Khan over promises.

Spot on.

The Rock

Quote from: Fulham76 on January 10, 2018, 07:30:15 PM

Current squad I think 33% chance we make the playoffs. We sell 4 fringe players and bring in 2 additions to the starting 11 (2 defenders please) under our zero cost sustainability plan and I think about 55% chance we'd make the playoffs.

History dictates we should at least execute the later, but it appears anyone who can make that happen has gone missing from top down.

mkras99

James Nursey

@JamesNursey
6m6 minutes ago
More
told Matt Targett's loan move from S'ton to Fulham on hold due to injury concerns elsewhere in Saints squad. Eng U21 left-back defender,22, has only made two appearances but Saints are yet to rubber-stamp the deal until defensive niggles clear. 

mkras99

@TransferChanger
6m6 minutes ago
More
Fulham, Reading and Sunderland have all expressed an interest in signing Derby County striker Chris Martin.

(Source: @JPercyTelegraph)

Riversider

Sheffield United (Who were my pre season tip for promotion on here) have signed 3 players so far, Chris Wilder it seems is getting the kind of backing that Jokanovic can only dream of.

f321ffc

Quote from: mkras99 on January 10, 2018, 08:22:55 PM
@TransferChanger
6m6 minutes ago
More
Fulham, Reading and Sunderland have all expressed an interest in signing Derby County striker Chris Martin.

" We are not a train station " Slavisa Jokanovic .
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: f321ffc on January 10, 2018, 08:31:59 PM
@TransferChanger
6m6 minutes ago
More

More a railway siding.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 10, 2018, 08:47:00 PM
@TransferChanger
6m6 minutes ago
More

More a railway siding.

🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

Mince n Tatties

Talksport.....Blah Blah Blah
Fulham lead chase for Marriott ahead of Leeds and Villa.

Fulham76

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 10, 2018, 09:00:07 PM
Talksport.....Blah Blah Blah
Fulham lead chase for Marriott ahead of Leeds and Villa.

Hmmmmmm

Wont happen

HV71

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 10, 2018, 08:47:00 PM
@TransferChanger
6m6 minutes ago
More

More a railway siding.
A step backwards IMO.
But if it was him or no-one, well, tough choice!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"