more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Quote from: Porthogs FC on January 11, 2018, 02:17:17 PM
I'd take Holding or Chambers on loan any day of the week. Both are major upgrades to Odoi or Soares. That would be CRAZY if we could actually get one of them.

Not sure why you're mentioning Soares here, neither of them would be competing for LB position.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Tabby on January 11, 2018, 02:40:52 PM
I'd take Holding or Chambers on loan any day of the week. Both are major upgrades to Odoi or Soares. That would be CRAZY if we could actually get one of them.

Not sure why you're mentioning Soares here, neither of them would be competing for LB position.

Just to make a point that they would be better than other fullbacks. And really, they would be able to play LB and be better than Soares and Odoi. Even if that's not why we would be getting them.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Porthogs FC on January 11, 2018, 02:44:40 PM
Quote from: Tabby on January 11, 2018, 02:40:52 PM

Just to make a point that they would be better than other fullbacks. And really, they would be able to play LB and be better than Soares and Odoi. Even if that's not why we would be getting them.

Perhaps ina Tony Pulis team. What Odoi in particular offers is ball control and composure that actually the other two do not offer.

ToodlesMcToot

Is it possible to petition FIFA to create separate transfer windows for Fulham....lasting only the final week of everyone else's transfer windows. We'd probably still find some way to sign half a player on Monday or Tuesday and leave the rest til Friday but, that'd be just 5 days or so of this masochistic compulsion to check this thread and Twitter incessantly for, basically, nothing.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Twig

Guys, nothing of any note is going to happen, not even on deadline day (maybe one loan of a crocked player).  But we will be told that is a triumph because we haven't sold any of our best players.

aaronmcguigan

Re the targett loan. Thought it was strange that it was going ahead so early in the window. Surely all the main loans will come in the last week as premier teams finalise their squads and safeguard against any potential bans, injuries, lack of form etc

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: river phoenix on January 11, 2018, 11:00:36 AM
The Football Mole @moleyfootball
55m55 minutes ago
More
So Fulham will be approaching Arsenal over the next few days about taking either Chambers or Holding on Loan.. should find out if either go out on loan next week. (Info From Fulham source) #AFC #fulhamfc

On this, does anybody think we are more likely to take Mavropanos on loan out of anybody? Wenger has said he'll be sent out on loan, he needs experience of english football and can settle in London whilst here. He is viewed as a wonder-kid and at 6ft4 is the height addition alot want on here whilst apparently being a ball player.

Hoppus

I really don't know why I got any expectations at the moment. I guess the owners/Kahns are happy with the squad.
My opinion is that we can forget promotion if we don't sign a new LB and a striker.
I guess we will end up with another winger.

Riversider

Didn't the FST have their monthly meeting with the club this week ?
If so it's a bit concerning that not even a glimmer of hope has come from it 😯

hovewhite

The FST did they let us know for this meeting,or did they not want awkward questions?

Steven Ageroad

Why don't you whingers wait until the end of the month before having a moan. You all sound like my wife, she moans over the slightest thing that MIGHT happen. If nothing happens of significance by the 31st January, I'll have a moan with you!!

mkras99

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-boss-slavisa-jokanovic-gives-14142573

"I don't know about these rumours or links with Ryan Fredericks, all the people know I use him in all the games and for the team and myself he is an important player.

"What kind of steps we are going to take, I don't need to make any comment on but at the end I expect we are going to be stronger soon that what we are right now.

"I expect this guy, who is still not under contract as it ends at the end of the season, but for another side I understand the sport/business stuff and I don't know what solution is best for us, but it is not in my hands.

"Before we were talking about three players and now it has been ten days, I expect something will happen but it's not in my hands and we'll be focused on preparing the team for Boro.

"We will see, at the end, club need to make a step what we believe is important step for the team, and I expect something will happen."

Delboy

@jolslover

I rate Borthwick Jackson, Although his spells at Wolves and Leeds were both disappointing
STH H3

Fulham76

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 11, 2018, 06:09:11 PM
Why don't you whingers wait until the end of the month before having a moan. You all sound like my wife, she moans over the slightest thing that MIGHT happen. If nothing happens of significance by the 31st January, I'll have a moan with you!!

Why does it bother you that some posters express their disappointment?

SJ wanted some business done early, (as did most fans), but the club have gone against him, or just ignored him, or think they know better than him & 95% of our fan base - it's one of those.

So why don't you whingers about the whingers stop whinging & let people have an opinion. You're worse than the whingers.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on January 11, 2018, 06:42:10 PM
I rate Borthwick Jackson, Although his spells at Wolves and Leeds were both disappointing

On what grounds do you rate him Jols, that he is on the staff at Manure...You state yourself he been rubbish at Wolves and Leeds,what's to make him better at ours?

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Delboy on January 11, 2018, 06:14:04 PM
Bit harsh on Mrs Ageroad Steven.  :wine:

That's why I go to all the games, to get away from 'er in doors

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 11, 2018, 06:56:29 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 11, 2018, 06:42:10 PM

On what grounds do you rate him Jols, that he is on the staff at Manure...You state yourself he been rubbish at Wolves and Leeds,what's to make him better at ours?

Fair, when I saw him play during Wolves Newcastle last year he was good. I think he has attitude problems which is why he's found games hard to come by when out on loan but hes a good footballer. His defending is his weakpoint but in our system fullbacks like this can thrive. Malone and Fredericks both not the best at defending. The focus with our fullbacks is on attacking so I think he would be a good fit here. Making 10 starts at United at 18 must have done something right. May have got to his head though.
STH H3

BedsFFC

Quote from: mkras99 on January 11, 2018, 06:12:21 PM

"I expect this guy, who is still not under contract as it ends at the end of the season, but for another side I understand the sport/business stuff and I don't know what solution is best for us, but it is not in my hands.

I just don't get it.