more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims Dentist

Quote from: hovewhite on January 11, 2018, 05:50:52 PM
The FST did they let us know for this meeting,or did they not want awkward questions?
I feel that they seem to have a harmonious relationship with the club and don't want to lose it.
Although why exist if they don't ask the really meaty important questions that we discuss on here.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 11, 2018, 07:36:58 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on January 11, 2018, 05:50:52 PM
The FST did they let us know for this meeting,or did they not want awkward questions?
I feel that they seem to have a harmonious relationship with the club and don't want to lose it.
Although why exist if they don't ask the really meaty important questions that we discuss on here.
If you listen to interviews with both Dan Crawford and Mike Gregg they have been both clear that as much as both sides want a harmonious relationship that does not mean that they self censor or edit questions. They both have said that they ask questions that they want to ask regardless of how uncomfortable it makes the Club. The recent meeting is not the only time they have raised the fan's general concerns over the transfer policy and each time they get an answer. AliMac is never going to say "we are after Gestede and Martin as a back up and we think we can get one of them in for £6mm" which is what some seem to want to hear.
Quark, strangeness and charm

JoelH5

They asked the questions. Couldn't have done more. Did they get truthful answers though? The club have said one thing and Joka another so one side is telling porkies..
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on January 11, 2018, 09:12:05 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on January 11, 2018, 06:55:30 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on January 11, 2018, 06:09:11 PM
Why don't you whingers wait until the end of the month before having a moan. You all sound like my wife, she moans over the slightest thing that MIGHT happen. If nothing happens of significance by the 31st January, I'll have a moan with you!!

Why does it bother you that some posters express their disappointment?

SJ wanted some business done early, (as did most fans), but the club have gone against him, or just ignored him, or think they know better than him & 95% of our fan base - it's one of those.

So why don't you whingers about the whingers stop whinging & let people have an opinion. You're worse than the whingers.

+1

+ 2
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

+3
And I wish she'd stop whinging at me to clear the Shed out.😭😭😭

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 11, 2018, 09:18:34 PM
+3
And I wish she'd stop whinging at me to clear the Shed out.😭😭😭

Is that the old shed at Stamford Bridge you bought.

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Why don't you whingers wait until the end of the month before having a moan. You all sound like my wife, she moans over the slightest thing that MIGHT happen. If nothing happens of significance by the 31st January, I'll have a moan with you!!

SJ wanted some business done early, (as did most fans), but the club have gone against him, or just ignored him, or think they know better than him & 95% of our fan base - it's one of those.

So why don't you whingers about the whingers stop whinging & let people have an opinion. You're worse than the whingers.

+1

I agree business should be done early and it is annoying but to be fair, the club said a lot of it depends on other clubs selling etc and so if that is the case, they can't just decide to 'do the business early,' there is a chain.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 11, 2018, 11:16:31 PM

+1

I agree business should be done early and it is annoying but to be fair, the club said a lot of it depends on other clubs selling etc and so if that is the case, they can't just decide to 'do the business early,' there is a chain.

There is a chain, and it's wrapped round Khans wallet.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: JoelH5 on January 11, 2018, 11:16:31 PM

+1

And yet other sides are buying players and have been doing so for 10 days! So clearly this 'CHAIN' only applies to certain clubs! Not every player we are after would come under the 'chain' rule, as there are plenty of players being told they are surplus to requirements. Something doesn't ring true!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

spoonffc

It seems a no brainer to roll the dice a little bit in the market with the huge collateral in Sess we can't lose - ( If were honest were going to lose him in the summer anyway.)

Why not spend 20-25 mill and make a real push for promotion, best case scenario we go up and receive the riches of the premier league and potentially keep him, worst we dont and  then sell Sess for 30+ mill anyway.

:023:     

MJG

Its been a slow start in the championship compared to last year.

18 in first 11 days last year and 16 this year

Just the views of a long term fan

Bassey the warrior

Realistically we're not in the financial position to get deals done early unless they're loans. If by 1st Feb, we haven't brought in a forward and left back good enough to start and a centre back good in the air (but less of a priority than the other two), then we can moan like hell, as Slavisa, Cairney and Sess will undoubtedly all leave in the summer.

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on January 12, 2018, 11:35:27 AM
We must have bid £10m+ For Gayle in August so that level of money is there.
So let's just find a striker worth £8-9m and give his club £10m to do a quick deal.
I'd rather that than let another 10% of the season (January fixtures) pass by purely for us to have a 50:50 chance of signing a marginally better £10m striker on deadline day, with the obvious risk (in fact I should say likelihood) that the deal falls through and we get no one.

£10m sitting in the bank won't score any goals in the coming months.

Also as I've said before, IMO you're just as (if not more) likely to have to pay an inflated fee at the end of the window as you are at the start, because toward the end of the window the seller knows you're desperate and have no time left to go elsewhere
This post says just about all you need to know about FFC and transfer business whether they are in the winter or the summer.  My only additional comment would be that even if you marginally overspend your budget in one year you have another two years to adjust and sort it out.  Of course if you get to the PL a slight overspend will not matter much anyway.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on January 12, 2018, 11:43:31 AM
We must have bid £10m+ For Gayle in August so that level of money is there.
So let's just find a striker worth £8-9m and give his club £10m to do a quick deal.
I'd rather that than let another 10% of the season (January fixtures) pass by purely for us to have a 50:50 chance of signing a marginally better £10m striker on deadline day, with the obvious risk (in fact I should say likelihood) that the deal falls through and we get no one.

£10m sitting in the bank won't score any goals in the coming months.

Also as I've said before, IMO you're just as (if not more) likely to have to pay an inflated fee at the end of the window as you are at the start, because toward the end of the window the seller knows you're desperate and have no time left to go elsewhere
This post says just about all you need to know about FFC and transfer business whether they are in the winter or the summer.  My only additional comment would be that even if you marginally overspend your budget in one year you have another two years to adjust and sort it out.  Of course if you get to the PL a slight overspend will not matter much anyway.

Exactly 👍⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

twang

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on January 12, 2018, 11:05:29 AM
Realistically we're not in the financial position to get deals done early unless they're loans.

January is more of a sellers market than the summer as it's such a short window.

I think you're more likely to overpay at the start than the end if the selling club are willing to let go. Realistically we're not gonna be signing someone that starts regularly for their club, that would be too disruptive to said club mid-season. That is unless we pay hugely inflated prices.

So think the value is to be found at the end of the window.

I'd love for the club to support the manager by buying early but it's not realistic because they never do.

Mince n Tatties

Breaking News activity at Motspur Park,Hilda tripped on the mat and broke 6 teacups...That is all that will happen there today,so go and have a walk.👫👫👫

Delboy

Where is the Motspur Park spy lurking in the bushes when you need him.

The Old Count

Quote from: Delboy on January 12, 2018, 01:31:39 PM
Where is the Motspur Park spy lurking in the bushes when you need him.

He's not around anymore. We loaned him out.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.