Main Menu

The Official Silly Season January Transfer Thread 2017/18

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, November 27, 2017, 01:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2018, 12:33:10 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 13, 2018, 11:28:03 AM
Oliveira would be a great signing
Just seen --- Fulham are considering making a January move for Norwich City striker Nelson Oliveira, according to a report from the Sun this morning.

The Moose got one right then,the 8 mill offer by Derby.
Too much for someone who struggles to get in Norwich side.

Had the best goals per minute in the league last season. Portuguese international. Etc Etc..
STH H3

Matt10

I said before the window was open that Oliviera would be a great signing for our club. He's hungry and would be a real force. His attitude is one with a chip on his shoulder, but that has worked for a lot of our goal scorers in the past (Clint Dempsey as a great example).

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on January 13, 2018, 02:52:32 PM
Just seen --- Fulham are considering making a January move for Norwich City striker Nelson Oliveira, according to a report from the Sun this morning.

Had the best goals per minute in the league last season. Portuguese international. Etc Etc..

You know what I think of useless Portuguese players,haven't we got 2 on our books already. :hook:

Mince n Tatties

Talksport.....Fulham have joined Hull in pursuit of Aberdeen Centre back Scott McEnna aged 21.The London Club (talksport talk)  have had the towering player watched this season.

Nero

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2018, 07:01:04 PM
Talksport.....Fulham have joined Hull in pursuit of Aberdeen Centre back Scott McEnna aged 21.The London Club (talksport talk)  have had the towering player watched this season.

Is he next Cameron Burgess

Nero

Think Id rather have someone who struggles to get into Norwich team then someone who struggles to score goals

Hoppus

Quote from: Matt10 on January 13, 2018, 02:53:10 PM
I said before the window was open that Oliviera would be a great signing for our club. He's hungry and would be a real force. His attitude is one with a chip on his shoulder, but that has worked for a lot of our goal scorers in the past (Clint Dempsey as a great example).

I just talked to a Norwich fan about Oliveira:

'Not mobile enough, and too selfish. Not a team player in Norwich anyway. Difficult to settle down anywhere. For 8 million pounds should I drive him to London'.

Fernhurst

Agreed, his chip was highly visible at our first game of the season. We had that game sewn up until he came on as sub and chewed up our back line before getting the equaliser late on.
Made a huge difference in that game, he certainly put in maximum effort, could Slav motivate him to do the same. The holding up shirt thing proves he might be a difficult character to handle.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Matt10

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 13, 2018, 10:29:28 PM

Agreed, his chip was highly visible at our first game of the season. We had that game sewn up until he came on as sub and chewed up our back line before getting the equaliser late on.
Made a huge difference in that game, he certainly put in maximum effort, could Slav motivate him to do the same. The holding up shirt thing proves he might be a difficult character to handle.

Yeah, great memory because that's exactly what I remember as well. Let's admit it, the man is a beast. He's got a chip on his shoulder because he's in his prime and not being used.

We've had big heads like him before, and they have done well. Berbatov and Dempsey come to mind for me. As a professional, you have ot keep that chip if you're not being played, or even starting. I wish Fonte would have that, but he's too much of a team player. Great for the team, but terrible for his own personal ambition. I think Oliviera would be well coached, and it will make every forward player better as they know they are competing against a big character.

@jolslover

Oliveira is a very well rounded striker, he is technical, strong, skillful and quick. I will show you a video of his best goals in the champ last season. Some great strikes on here. 
Invalid Tweet ID
If the team is playing badly he can create a goal out of nothing, Which is something I admire in a striker, Rather than just a poacher.
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on January 13, 2018, 10:50:06 PM
Oliveira is a very well rounded striker, he is technical, strong, skillful and quick. I will show you a video of his best goals in the champ last season. Some great strikes on here. 
Invalid Tweet ID
If the team is playing badly he can create a goal out of nothing, Which is something I admire in a striker, Rather than just a poacher.

How much would he cost, what kind of money will they be asking ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Derby had an 8 million offer turned down!!!! Errrrr
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

It can´t be right that Manure may have to pay £10 mil to the agent of Sanchez. These agents are controlling the game. The game at the top is so corrupt.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Nero

Quote from: grandad on January 14, 2018, 11:51:57 AM
It can´t be right that Manure may have to pay £10 mil to the agent of Sanchez. These agents are controlling the game. The game at the top is so corrupt.

The thing is the agent works on behalf of the player, it should be the player paying the agent not the clubs, but the big clubs are so desperate to get these players they will seem to pay anything. How much do we thing Wolves have paid Jorge Mendez so far

@jolslover

Guedioura leaving Boro, Linked with Ipswich. Is 32 now but was a key player in Slavisas Watford promotion season and one of the main reasons they went up. I'd have him.
STH H3

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 13, 2018, 10:54:47 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on January 13, 2018, 10:50:06 PM
Invalid Tweet ID

How much would he cost, what kind of money will they be asking ?

Yes looks as if he knows where the goal is. Knowing that we paid £9m for Fonte the asking price for this guy is likely to be beyond what we are prepared to pay.

bill taylors apprentice

Being a football team supporter is often painful and the rest of the time its mainly all about hope with the occasional high!

It ain't going to happen!

Riversider

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 13, 2018, 07:01:04 PM

Hull have had a second bid of£300k turned down, not exactly big money if we really are interested.

f321ffc

Swansea City target fullback Ryan Fredericks gives an update on his Fulham future

The fullback has been linked with Swansea and Stoke, but Fredericks insists he is happy at Craven Cottage

Ryan Fredericks has insisted he is happy at Fulham, despite speculation linking him with a move away from the club.

Stoke City and Swansea are among the clubs who have been reported to be interested in the 25-year-old who only has six months left on his contract, but so far there's been no movement on that front, with Fredericks playing a key role in the 1-0 victory over Middlesbrough.

Fulham are adamant that none of their key players will be leaving this January, with Tony Khan already issuing a statement stating that Ryan Sessegnon, Fulhanm's 17-year-old wonderkid, will not be sold.

There's a contract on the table for the full back, and Fredericks has revealed that his people behind the scenes are dealing with that, and although he's not sure what is going to happen, he wants to end the season with promotion to the Premier League with Fulham.

He said: "I'm happy here, I've said it all along.

"My contract situation is getting sorted behind closed doors and the relevant people are trying to sort that now, I'm not too sure what is going to happen, but whilst I'm a Fulham player, be it one year, two years, three years, whatever it is, I will give my all in the shirt whenever I step onto the pitch.

"You couldn't get any better than that [ending the season being promoted with Fulham] promotion with any team is amazing so it would be my third season here, so hopefully third time lucky."

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-target-fullback-ryan-14152655.amp?__twitter_impression=true
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional